It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are cyptids affected by 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
This weekend I went to visit some friends to talk about work on a project called the Shimmering Eggbeater. While I was there I got to talking to some people about their research project. It seems that these folks have been traveling to West Virginia to look for bigfoot. There have been a number of recent sightings and these guys have been doing what they called fencing. They walk barbed wire fence lines looking for hair samples. They put anything they find on the fences that cannot be quickly recognized into sample bags. They bring these home and try to determine what has been found. They find lots of things mainly deer and some bear. But there are some samples they haven't classified yet. They are not making any claims about the samples, but there are some big smiles at times. I could not figure out if they were pulling my leg or not.

They claim that these undetermined samples as they called them are getting easier to locate. They think that something is happening.

So I asked them with the enormous size of the state of West Virginia how they could possibly hope to find anything. Where to start? It's like finding a needle in haystack isn't it?

So they gave me some insight into their technique. First, they head for areas where there are recent sightings. They also have some records of previous sightings, but they prefer to work in areas that are "hot" as they put it. Second, they check on mountain bikers. The bikers often talk about bear encounters. These guys think that increased bear encounters are due to bears being forced out of their regular territories by ecological pressures.

So they go into areas where there are recent bigfoot reports. If these areas also report recent bear encounters they look for fence lines and follow them looking for evidence of hair.

This search had netted them a number of bear samples and a few undetermined samples.

What interested me was that they report a sizable upswing in finds beginning this past winter. They suggest a number of possibilities including a mild winter, but they also suggest that the bigfoot they would like to find might be on the move or staking out a larger than normal territory.

Has anyone else heard about anything like this?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
They might be tryin to increase there population, maybe they know that when SHTF that they will takeover what we left behind, ruling over us as their slave-pets.....makes me sick those DAMN DIRTY APES!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that anyone can pull one over on Stereologist.

Just sayin

edit on 25-3-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'm not making any decisions about what was told to me. I am simply reporting what was stated.

Have you heard anything like this?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JBD1979

Nice quote from the head of the NRA, and Moses.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Checking up on this I did find this newspaper account
www.tippgazette.com...

This might be the sort of event these guys are using as a starting point in their search.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Ran into this trying to find out more about what these guys were up to.

www.cmiae.org...

Researchers and wildlife managers can now census bears by using DNA from hair to identify individuals and their movements. Because bears live in remote, rugged, and densely vegetated environments, they are otherwise very difficult to survey. Knowing how many bears roam this part of the world is central to managing their numbers.

Seems that there is some reason to this madness of theirs.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Julie Washington

I'm not making any decisions about what was told to me. I am simply reporting what was stated.

Have you heard anything like this?

you make decisions about everything else, why not this?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Have you heard about this happening? I can't find much about it, which is why I am asking.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

of all the cameras in the forest we cannot get bigfoot in a pic, of all the hunters we have no dead body of a North American Ape

yet relationships ruined, nannies busted, murders solved, perverts caught in the act, Funniest seens of people hurting themselves, pics of countries moving weapons of mass destruction from the top of the atmosphere and not one clear definitive picture of a Squatch.

Because there isnt one?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Bigfoot may not exist. There are ample arguments to suggest no bigfoot.

Then again there are ample arguments against unknown planets, ley lines, ancient aliens, Lemuria, etc.

The question is I guess what has all of the bears so stirred up. If these guys are wasting their time searching the woods and finding at best some hairs they cannot identify, it still does not mean that there is something out there that is applying pressure on the bears to move into areas where humans are encountering them on a suddenly increased scale.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

25 years ago logging conservation practices were to put poison pellets on perches so as to kill off the squirrels to protect tree seeding.
I hunted in the area and never saw an animal so I asked a friend and he told me the story. It removed a part of the eco system and it changed the migratory trails for ever just by removing 1 animal in that eco system.

I dont know whats going on there. I suspect Bipedal animals of a known nature. the abominable Human being

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

That would not be a surprise to me. Humans are well known for doing wacky things like destroying ecosystems.

I'll be seeing these folks again soon as we continue to work on the shimmering eggbeater. It is slated for large group viewing this summer.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Is anyone that follows cryptids hearing about any more activity than normal?

I would be interested in feedback before I bump into these guys again.

join