It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim and Christian charged for fighting at a religious protest against Lady Gaga.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I just stumbled on this clip, which was filmed last year outside a Lady Gaga concert in Tampa (USA).

I assume the fundamentalist group (with Westboro overtones) was protesting against gay people and "immorality", as one can expect from groups that both demonize popular culture, but also capitalize on it like vultures.

Anyway, it seems they stood peacefully with their signs and ranted for over an hour, until a Muslim happened to pass them by.

Oh my hat!
That's when the testosterone started to pump.
Next thing the Muslim is telling them they're going to hell, and that Jesus worshiped Allah and came from a vagina (there's also some expletives here).

Astoundingly the Christians yell back that Jesus didn't come from a vagina because He was born from a virgin.
Even as a gay man, I started cheering for the Christians at that point, but ... uh ... virgin conception or not, but Jesus did come from a vagina like all people. Deal with it guys. He didn't come from an Easter egg, for example.

At about 5 minutes into the clip things turn really nasty, and the Muslim assaults one of the protestors.

Then it gets a bit confusing, as the cops get involved.
It looks like the Muslim is arrested, despite pleas that no charges should be pressed.
I think that would have been the Christian thing to do, because maybe that Muslim man was a foreigner unaccustomed to American free speech.
But they pretty much insisted.

Next thing one of the Christians is also charged, and the cops seem tired of their shenanigans.
But the Christians didn't assault anybody.
So why did they charge one of them too?

Anyway, I'd love some comments on this situation.

edit on 25-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That muslim was a plant. his actions were intentional.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think all the parties were being asshats.

My $.02

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Herp and his buddy Derp.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Both sides are wrong.

Instead of standing around screaming into loudspeakers about who is right about what and which theology is right about that, they should all be volunteering at the shelters and out on the streets helping people.

What good are they doing by having loud public pissing contests?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Oh my hat, I just did a Google search, and it appears this Muslim guy had some history:
m2.tbo.com...

TAMPA - Sami Osmakac would visit local mosques, say he was the only good Muslim in the building and tell other worshippers they were infidels.

Osmakac showed no respect to religious elders, who tried to steer him away from his extremist beliefs, community leaders said.

He repeatedly threatened one civil activist for encouraging Muslims to vote and promoting democracy.

That's the picture the local Muslim community paints of the 25-year-old Osmakac, who was arrested over the weekend, accused of trying to obtain guns and explosives to blow up clubs, bars and a law enforcement agency in Tampa.

I assume it's the same guy from this clip, because the above link says:

In April, Osmakac clashed with a Christian group protesting a Lady Gaga concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Osmakac and one member of the Christian group got into an argument which escalated when Osmakac struck the protester twice, according to a Tampa police arrest report.

If I had known that the thread had anything to do with with such serious matters earlier, I would not have posted it.

But it just goes to show, there's no smoke without fire.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Oh my hat, I just did a Google search, and it appears this Muslim guy had some history:
m2.tbo.com...

TAMPA - Sami Osmakac would visit local mosques, say he was the only good Muslim in the building and tell other worshippers they were infidels.

Osmakac showed no respect to religious elders, who tried to steer him away from his extremist beliefs, community leaders said.

He repeatedly threatened one civil activist for encouraging Muslims to vote and promoting democracy.

That's the picture the local Muslim community paints of the 25-year-old Osmakac, who was arrested over the weekend, accused of trying to obtain guns and explosives to blow up clubs, bars and a law enforcement agency in Tampa.

Im sure DHS have a dossier on this loose cannon, its people like this that require some alone time to contemplate quantum mechanics.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Astoundingly the Christians yell back that Jesus didn't come from a vagina because He was born from a virgin

/Facepalm.

Vaginas are on virgins. This is what happens when you have christians who do not read their bibles, and who do not know anything about how people are born or about simple anatomy. Yeshua didn't just teleport out of Miriam's womb.

As for the muslim, people who fingerpoint are no better off in terms of salvation. The fellow needs to pull that plank out of his eye before trying to remove the splinter from someone else's eye.
edit on 25-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, that was a bit of a strange exchange, but it was patriarchal religions squaring off, so perhaps vaginas in political terms weren't a well thought out aspect of the argument either way.

Anyway, as I discovered in my second post, the Muslim guy was actually a potential terrorist.

In that respect, I wonder if some of the people in my clip were not undercover, and thus not well versed in religion because it's not the only major mistake they make (Isaac and Esau, instead of Isaac and Ishmael).

That's speculation.
I'm just glad they caught him before he could hurt anybody.

edit on 26-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I'm so sick of this christian crap.

Where in the Bible does Jesus say to stand with a sign JUDGING people. The last time I looked it was about loving your neighbour unconditionally.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6.37

If the Bible is all true, then the Muslim was right, you're all going to hell (and yes I am Judging YOU! christian hypocrites).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
More on Sami Osmakac from ABC News:

en.wikipedia.org...

I thought I just found an interesting clip to discuss religion (which it still essentially is) from April 2011, and now it turns out out he was arrested in January this year.

I've never heard of him before, and it seems like most people haven't.

Reviewing the clip, he does seem a bit unhinged.
edit on 26-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Sure, Muslims and Christians sometimes don't get along. On a more positive note, at least they both agree Lady Gaga sucks!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I'm so sick of this christian crap.

Where in the Bible does Jesus say to stand with a sign JUDGING people. The last time I looked it was about loving your neighbour unconditionally.

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6.37

If the Bible is all true, then the Muslim was right, you're all going to hell (and yes I am Judging YOU! christian hypocrites).

Okay. Well,.. none of us here were in that video.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some comment that the Muslim was a plant, or that the situation was planted is quite interesting.

But why would they "plant", or fake such a situation at a Lady Gaga concert?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did I say you were? Was I talking about you?

I was referring to christians who are hypocritical, are you? Most of them are, and no that is not a generalization it is fact.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Did I say you were? Was I talking about you?

I was referring to christians who are hypocritical, are you? Most of them are, and no that is not a generalization it is fact.

I have no idea! Your statement was a hasty generalization and extremely arbitrary.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just to update, since I've never heard of any of these people, and the protestors are pretty much obscure and unseen, but I followed the "preacher717" name in the clip.

They certainly are a real group with a plethora of protest videos from various events.
Usually the clips are simply labelled as "street preachers", and it appears the guy with the megaphone is sometimes joined by other evangelical groups, like some ex-Catholics.
They have confronted Muslims before, notably in Manchester, England (2008), so they were probably targeted at the Lady Gaga concert.
Although loud, and perhaps at times inconsiderate, they claim to preach from a position of respect, and are not like Westboro, although that varies at times.

The blogger also has a Facebook page, which points to the Biblical Research Center.
www.biblicalresearchcenter.info...

Here things go cold, and the closest search results bring up a group called The Way International, that was sometimes regarded as a cult in the 1970s, with several sexual and other scandals, and it had a number of off-shoots in the 1980s.
www.watchman.org...

I'm not sure if the groups are related.

Anyway here is preacher717 with the police report shortly after the event in April 2011, which is quite lengthy, and then it replays the video with some extra moments at the beginning.
Since there have been other developments subsequently, I suppose it's more for interest than urgency.

edit on 28-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
God hated Esau?

new topics

top topics

join