It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilians in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Its got to the point where there are so many kidnappings and killings that Im beginning to lose any sympathy for those killed but I do feel sorry for their families.

Ciivilians should have gone home weeks or months ago yet put themselves in mortal danger by staying in a country where they are easily identified.

No amount of money would make me work there so why do these people stay when there have been dozens of killings? Their own stupidity isnt helping their survival.

If anyone has family in Iraq, they should get them home NOW, not whine about governments failing to releasing criminals in exchange for their release.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You are so right, I don't get it, how much money is worth a human life.

I feel that companies have to fulfill contracts and they are offering these attractive packages for civilian workers.

As usual it shows the hasty way in wish business in Iraq has been perform by these companies.

I don't see not government official putting and end of the hiring of people.

I thinks is not only irresponsible for the people accepting this jobs but for the companies that hire them and our government allowing them to be hire and shipped to an unpredictable war zone.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Not all civilians in Iraq are there just for the $$$. Many are there first and foremost to serve their country in some fashion and the money is often not their #1 reason for being there.

Also, consider this logic: If there is to be a draft soon, wouldn't it be better to take a paying job over there than get called up for duty?

Statistically, more people have died over here during this operation due to automotive accidents than having their heads removed forcibly. The American media focuses on the bad stuff. It's SENSATIONAL. The populace gets "scared" and this is just what the terrorists hope to accomplish. Grow up people, stop being puss1es and voting for politicians that promise to "make you safe" by taking your freedoms away.

Apparently some civilians understand this, because after each beheading the number of applicants for jobs in Iraq has increased.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think that the thread is on civilian workers from foreign countries like US contractors. HizbAHtread.

And you are right they are also targeting the civilians Iraqis but the jobs are different while one is for foreign the other is for city jobs.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i am contemplating possibly applying at a Haliburton co. called KBR. it pays between $80 and $100k/yr. i will only do it if i can carry a handgun out in the open, unconcealed, at all times with a high cap mag. it isn't worth being that close to danger and not being able to protect yourself. granted, it wouldn't help me in a car-bombing, but it will in a kidnapping. those people are doing what they feel is right. they know the US will not negotiate, they do this knowing the full extent of what they are getting into and they go anyway. what is the point of bringing this up?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If you are of military background they will allow you to carry a gun. Also the policy for guns change so I don't know if now everybody can carry guns.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
No matter what their reason is, they should leave. They aren't doing any good in the "serving their country" capacity because they're a liability. We won't give in to terrorists. Fine. They know that, but will continue to kidnap and murder civillian workers because they know it inflames people against the government who won't give in. It SHOULD inflame people against the terrorists, but for some reason it doesn't shake down that way. So they will keep on taking people off the street and making videos of them pleading for their lives, then videos of them being killed and it will keep riling people up and causing grief. They'd serve their countries better if they left and the only people available for hostage taking were military personnel. If they left the terrorists wouldn't have this leverage. Hire Iraqis to do the work. Maybe if they start killing more of them than they already have, it will piss the locals off enough to stand up and put a stop to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   

stop being puss1es

amen to that!

seriously though there is a line between being brave and being stupid. caring a hand gun to work in iraq will do little if there is 5 men that jump out of an SUV all armed with AK's. just hope you work within close proximaty to some US marines.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Let's stop trying to win the hearts and minds of the people of Iraq and start treating them like we treated Germans and Japanese after World War II. It took over 7 years for the Germans to get a government of their own after 1945. Why are we so impatient. Of course there are going to be beheadings and killings in Iraq. The Iraqi people are occupied and the Americans haven't shown them enough shock and awe. Lets shock and awe right in their yard. As far as I'm concerned every Iraqi is guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Let's stop trying to win the hearts and minds of the people of Iraq and start treating them like we treated Germans and Japanese after World War II. It took over 7 years for the Germans to get a government of their own after 1945. Why are we so impatient. Of course there are going to be beheadings and killings in Iraq. The Iraqi people are occupied and the Americans haven't shown them enough shock and awe. Lets shock and awe right in their yard. As far as I'm concerned every Iraqi is guilty until proven innocent.

Nice rant, shame it has nothing to do with the thread!

top topics

join