It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that go bump in the night..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I was reading a post and found this story i would like to share and also get everyone's feedback and their stories, or urban legends of what goes bump in their neck of the woods. "About 10 years ago, one of our closer member's 13 years old girl suffered exactly the same. She swore that this phenomenon haunts her every night.
Doing nothing just stearing at her from the dark corner of the room. Also she had some side effect of having terrible headaches. Nobody was believed her, but their parents taken her to medical examination, MRI, PET scan, everything, but found nothing. Then it even get worst, she became a lunatic. Slept at daytime, got into psychiatry, and took medications. A few months later she was taken to the hospital, and I was never see her again. I was young, I was not really involved into this, but I was not forgot. After a few years later, I was talking with one of my friend, and told him this. He was mentioned, that he also heard some story about this phenomenon. One of his classmate had the same. We were not lived in the same city, we had no common friends, but he was already knew about this. I tried to have some research on this phenomenon, just to find any trace, maybe any leads about the source. I have found nothing about this. Nothing from the fictional literature, nothing. I just wonder to know, if the writers known this as an urban letter" So please share your stories. I realize a lot of stories are regional so please tell me what goes bump in the night for you..

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
My stepdad and his buddies were playing in the woods outside Puyallup WA in the 80's when they started to smell a really strong sulfur stench. Suddenly the branches of the tree behind them started shifting and shaking like something big was coming through it. They backed away but kept looking and there emerged a Bigfoot right in front of them about 7 feet tall with long brown hair. They ran away home and were later interviewed by Bigfoot investigators from Oregon State University.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
When I was a growing up in the seventies my mom , sister and I lived in an old coal miners cottage .
I was about 8 and my sister 6 , she would spend time sitting at the top of the stairs that led down to the pantry or cold store , when my mom asked here why she did this she replied that she " was talking to the old lady down stairs ".

One night ... and I remember it very vividly , she got up from bed and started sleep walking , first and last time she did , she lost her her footing and fell down the stairs cracking the light switch at the bottom , luckily she was unhurt only suffering some bruising .

Naturally it freaked my mother out as I believe she thought my sister was heading to the pantry , a few days later she had the pantry filled with cement and my sisters conversations ended .

True story

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'll tell you what goes bump in the night, Prostitutes.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm just waking up and at first I thought the title said "Things that go hump in the night..."

Can you copy the letter? I read your opening post twice and I don't really understand the story of the 13 yr old girl.

A while back I lived in northeast Arizona for a year or so. There are some stories up there about skinwalkers and witches that will raise the hair on the back of your neck.

I lived in Pinedale, AZ more of a village than a town or city. There is a general store about 2 miles down the road. The mail is delivered to a small post office where you have to pick it up, they don't even deliver mail to your house. My point is that it was a pretty remote area.

I worked a second shift so when I returned home most nights it was near midnight. Before you enter Pinedale you have to drive across a covered bridge. It's a short bridge maybe 100 - 125 feet long, I think it's the only covered bridge you can drive across in Arizona.

One night as I approached the bridge I saw the oddest thing. There were 8 or 10 people standing on the shoulder of the road near the entrance of the bridge. They were on both sides of the road 4 or 5 people on each side facing each other.

I was driving between 40-50 miles per hour so I went past them fairly quickly. I sat at the intersection about a quarter of a mile down the road on the other side of the bridge. I looked in my rearview mirror but saw nothing out of the ordinary. I felt brave and curious so I decided to investigate.

I turned my car around and returned through the bridge. This time I drove more slowly because I didn't want to hit anyone. Well I didn't need to worry because the people were gone. I don't know where they went or what they were doing. They just vanished into the night.

I asked some of my neighbors and mentioned it to a few locals at work but the response was always very short or dismissive. I never did figure out what those folks were doing and I never saw them again.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My wifes mate had a pretty spooky bump-in-the-night event 2weeks ago. He was woken up in the middle of night by loud snoring. Thinking it was his bf he rolled over to give him a shake but the person lying next to him was a total stranger. It was his bfs body, but his face was "like a boxers" and the room smelt "like a boxing ring". The wife used to crash at his place on nights when she had to work late in the city, but she refuses to do that now out of fear (in Thai superstition most ghosts are of the eat-your-soul variety). It's a shame he didn't get a photo, but I guess when something like that happens the last thing you're thinking about is "where's my camera/phone?".

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Fantastic story,When i was younger my sister would talk to the "old lady in the kitchen" at night while everyone was sleeping. Claims the old lady smoked cigers.. but yeah no old lady in our house so to speak

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I mean stories from your neck of the woods of things that go bump in the night. Local ghost stories you are sure are true,Jersey Devil stuff,personal experiences.. Keep the sharing coming.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I would love to know more about that,when you say short or dismissive what explanation or excuses did they offer?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was twelve. I had that "don't turn around or you're lunch" feeling, and something large and black was squatting in the corner, staring at me. I turned to hit the light, thinking it'll have to run - as I turned back, it was suddenly inches from my face, staring through me. Eyes were a unique color of yellow, seeming to glow but casting no shadows, no real light. It was large enough to have eaten my head in a bite. Suddenly as it happened, it ended; the whole thing felt like it took an hour, but not even a minute had passed. I never saw anything like it before or since.

Sorry I'm not going into more detail; I've typed this particular occurrence too many times, and I'm tired. I may add more later.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What do you mean? I don't understand if you're asking for our experiences or trying to tell us your story. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hmm bump in the night. The scariest experience I have had was when I was up reading one night in bed (I used to have a lot of trouble sleeping and reading would help relax me and pass the time) when I heard this heavy dragging sound from the ceiling as if it was in the attic. At first it sounded like it was just outside my bedroom door and then the noise slowly came towards me (I could hear it dragging across the bedroom ceiling) and stopped just above where my bed was. I freaked out, ran into my mums room and she had a look in my room and said she didn't feel anything nasty in my room and that I would be ok. I still had trouble sleeping that night.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
(Bump)

I read at least two hundred cases of spooky sightings, odd sounds, and unexplainable phenomena in this forum each month, and it boggles my mind that this thread didn't get more than one page. Open your minds, folks; we've all had things which have kept us up at night; the OP just asked us to share. What are your demons? What are your Angels? What whispers do you hear in the early hours of the morning, just before dawn?
This is where you should post them; there are so many specific threads within this forum, I think maybe we should compare experiences on a more broad scale.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Really? In so long an interim, not one post? You disappoint me, fellow ATSers. When I first joined this site, there was no fear, not of judgement, not of retribution, not of self incrimination; what has happened? I beg you all, one more time, please speak. I know there are many, perhaps hundreds of you who have stories you are loathe to tell. I understand; I spent years in fear of being honest, because I was so certain there was a padded cell with my name on it. You can be free here. Please tell of your nightmares here. You will not face judgement, you will find compatriots.

join