It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is An illusion Taking Place Inside Our Brains And Nowhere Else

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We'll have to travel really far down into the rabbit hole,out the otherside and swim within mysterious oceans and walk upon unknown lands,if we want to seriously find out what reality really is...

But first we'll have to try and fully comprehend something about reality thats very hard to accept and then we'll have the ability to truly understand where that reality is actually emanating from and the answer is something that a lot of people are not going to like.They will deny it and they will refuse to believe it,but an incredible fact remains,waking consciousness is an illusion and nothing is real...

Because,like it or not,admit it or not,everything we see,hear,taste,touch and smell is happening within our brains and nowhere else...

There are sounds we cannot hear,there are colors we cannot see and we never really touch anything...

If i hit my hand upon a metal table,or if i hit my hand upon a pillow of wind...

My hand is not touching the table and is not touching the pillow at all...

The electrons of my hand are interacting with and propelling against the electrons of the table or pillow...

Electrons conduct heat and electricity and that interaction is what my brain perceives as touch...

When i feel happy,when i feel sad and when i feel pain,the happiness,sadness and pain that i perceive isnt really real,they are being felt by my brain,inside my brain and nowhere else.I think they are real so they seem real,but they are not...

What our limited five senses show us and tell us is reality,is an illusion...

We are pixels of light and thought processed and projected upon a three dimensional holographic screen we think is reality and what we perceive as the space around us and the material objects within, are all illusions...

We are not even able see what ourselves and eachother really look like...

We dont really know where we come from,we cant even tell where we really are and we dont really know where we are going...

This material experience we call life and death,is arriving here,or projected here,from the same source,from the same place,from deep within our minds and we only think they are real because thats what we want to believe,but they only really exist within our brains...

Thoughts become who and what we are because we are living in a dream world where everything is an illusion...

We are unknowingly creating a fractaling flow of temporary illusions fabricated out from within the collective subconsciousness of humanity,from somewhere within the unknown dimensions of our minds and into the shapes and forms of what we want to believe,but they are not real,because nothing is really real...

Individually and simultaneously as an entire human race,we are unknowingly fabricating ourselves and the earth out from within our subconscious and projecting them into an imaginary physical realm...

Those psychic thoughtform projections are tulpas and they become our temporary realities,the people, places and situations that temporarily take on a life of their own,for short or long periods of time,depending on how much someone is,or how many people are thinking about them...

Our perceived realities,those ever elusive phantoms,continuously arriving and perpetually fading away...

Our collective subconscious desires are also telepathically and creating and projecting temporary beings greater than ourselves.Malevolent and benevolent,larger than life,super human entities arriving here to rescue humanity from destruction...

All the ghosts and poltergeists,springheel jacks and moth men,sea serpents and sasquatch,holy angels from an imaginary heaven,the evil demons from an imaginary hell and the aliens and their flying saucers arriving here from an imaginary outer space...

An author wrote a lot of books in their home about a fictional character called "the shadow" and this shadow was actually seen within the house,years after the author died.All that intense and prolonged concentration about "the shadow" actually brought it to life,because the author believed it could be real and subconsciously wanted it to be real...

UFO's-The Psychic Dimension > www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Your Reality Is An Illusion > www.huffingtonpost.com...

Thought Forms-On The Creation Of Tulpas > www.davisanddavis.org...
edit on 25-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
A nice little bit of psychobabble bull# you have here, do you have a point or not?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
buddy, you either should take a crash course in quantum physics to understand that every thing is just vibrations of light,and doesn't exist until we look for it,or a crash course in philosophy to realize 'i think,therefore i am.
pick one,and stop rambleing on!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

It is in my opinion and experience; that what we experience is empty; or at least it used to be at some point. Then through having the senses and a mind we retain sights, sounds, smell, tastes, textures. In experiencing these things we form idea's and thoughts about them; sometimes independently, and also a lot of times through our peers; such as family friends etc. through these experiences; we mentally label them as pleasant, unpleasant, or neutral or undecided. The more pleasant an experience; the more we crave it or cling to it...the more unpleasant; the more we hate it and avoid it. Our thoughts of liking, disliking cause us emotions. Our blank slate has been covered with illusions/delusions of what something is...when all things have an essential essence that is void; it is what it is.

It is possible to remove the delusions covering our pure consciousness; but it is something that has to be maintained; it doesn't just vanish; since while alive we will still experience sensations through the senses...and out of habit try to interpret and label that experience with all the previous experience manure up to that point.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
buddy, you either should take a crash course in quantum physics to understand that every thing is just vibrations of light,and doesn't exist until we look for it,or a crash course in philosophy to realize 'i think,therefore i am.
pick one,and stop rambleing on!
The light, quantum physics, vibrations and philosophy you mentioned were all fabricated inside our brains,because they were fabricated by our brains and thats the only place they have ever existed and thats the only place they ever will really exist,because they are not real and nothing else is real either,all is illusion...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Keep going,

Hash out your thoughts. You have strung together a group of unrelated facts, and hypothesis, do you have more?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I believe what he was trying to say can be found here:

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel.
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say.
All that you eat
everyone you meet
All that you slight
everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

There's someone in my head, but it's not me.............

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

why are you here posting then if your really not here?!!! why waste your time?sorry,space/time!

you must be bored,and or high!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

ha ha ha !!!! i love it

love the tune too!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Ah thank you for that, brings back great memories.

I was lucky enough to see them at Mile High Stadium in Denver for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour and the Division Bell tour which is what that video is from i believe.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I love Roger!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkchemistry

Who ate all the pecan sandies?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by squints2010

Because we only occasionally glance at ourselves and eachother the vast majority of the time...

Try doing something that most,perhaps even all people never do.Try looking at yourself in a mirror and keep staring and looking at your own face and into your own eyes without turning away for about 15 minutes.You'll slowly begin to start seeing yourself for how you really appear and you'll catch glimpses of someone who looks very different from what you "thought" you looked like and who you "think" you really are...

Try doing the same thing with your husband or wife,boy friend or girl friend or anyone else you "think" you love and the same thing will happen,after staring into their eyes for around 15 minutes.You'll start seeing them for how they really appear and who they really are,not what you "think" they look like and you might not like who you see...

And the longer you keep looking at the person you'll see,the more you'll realize this illusion we call reality...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
What about when two brains/bodies create a new life,

how do we explain the new body, the new soul, new brain, the new consciousness?

Was it, the new person/soul/awareness/conciousness really created from 2 persons' union or is that an illusion too?

( maybe 'the most astonishing fact' goes here
)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
We'll have to travel really far down into the rabbit hole,out the otherside and swim within mysterious oceans and walk upon unknown lands,if we want to seriously find out what reality really is...

Before judging, dismissing and ridiculing what this person has said, you should consider some things. While I don't agree with everything blocula says, he has stumbled upon some profound truths. Consider...

First, the saying that "Perception determines reality" is true. Quantum physics experiments have proven that *perception" AFFECTS reality. The two slit experiment (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO WATCH: www.youtube.com...) clearly illustrates that the mere act of *observation* changes the outcome of reality. Yes. This is scientifically proven, strange as it sounds. Scientists, merely by *observing* an experiement, completely change the fundamental nature of the outcome of the experiement on a quantum level. There is some "spooky" (as Einstein said it) interaction between PERCEPTION/OBSERVATION and the nature of reality.

Second, blocula is completely correct: *everything* is made up of a lot of "nothing" vibrating at different frequencies. What is an atom? It is a tiny particle spinning/vibrating in a lot of empty space. The energy and interaction between vibration causes "solid" objects to feel solid. Yet, nothing really ever "touches" anything. Think of this, if you divide the distance between your finger and the letter "T" on your keypad by two, your finger never really touches that "T" because ANY NUMBER CAN BE DIVIDED BY TWO. Theoretically, the distance between your finger and the letter "T" (or whatever) can always be divided in half --ad infinitum. Basically, this principle states that the distances between ANY OBJECTS IS **INFINITE**.

Third, we are very limited by our five senses. Paradoxically, we experience our entire universe via those same five senses. Did you know that there are striking designs and patterns on flowers that are visible only in the ultra-violet spectrum that only bees and other insects can see? These are BILLBOARDS directing insects essentially saying, "I've got nectar! Come, get some, and spread my pollen!" We humans cannot see this without special equipment. There are ranges of sound we have no idea about (e.g. dog whistles). While our five senses allow us to explore this grand, cosmic interaction of particles and *vibration,* we aren't privvy to everything. We can see EVERYTHING that comprises our reality, yet we are also somewhat dramatically BLIND to **all that is out there.**

So, here we are, realizing (perhaps) that our world (REALITY) is made up of a bunch of "nothing" that is vibrating at different frequencies, and that the mere act of OBSERVATION can alter the way the Universe behaves. Meanwhile, the limited five senses we possess are the key to our understanding of the Universe around us... What are we to do with this knowledge? What are we to do when the farthest reaches of scientific understanding (quauntum physics) returns us to face ancient wisdom and philosophy? What do you do when the latest science states "facts" that are mere re-iterations (repeats) of ancient philosophical and religions WISDOM?

Your reality is what you make of it.

Focus determines reality.

Change your mindset and change your world.

Anything is possible in such a Universe... but only if you BELIEVE IT TO BE SO.
edit on 25-3-2012 by GhostLancer because: typo

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
The only way and the only reason that we are able to perceive of anything at all,is through our five senses and those senses are directly connected to our brains.They are severely limited perceptions sending meaningless signals into our brains that then interpret and arrange those incoming signals into what our brains are telling us to think reality really is.Which is whatever our brains are deciding at the moment is most comfortable and acceptable for themselves,but thats not what reality really is...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Nothing exists outside of our minds.

Our minds are a part of reality. How you comprehend the Universe is exactly what it is.

If they send a probe to Mars and find sand, than it doesn't really matter how your "mind comprehends Mars". Mars has been around a lot longer than you, and it doesn't really care what you think. It's a billion years old, and him and Mercury are laughing at the Earth because it grew some kind of disgusting fungus a few million years ago.

Once the Earth finds a cure for us, the whole Universe is going to follow the Sun to whatever destination it had in mind. They are probably on vacation right now, and it takes a few billion years to reach their destination. But that's no time for a planet.
edit on 25-3-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by badconduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

dude this is a chicken or the egg theory. try taking your self to the furthest point away from al of THIS. if everything is and has always been then why futz around with the questions of what is and what isn't. just f and it all and live your life. we can theorize...we can feel things out..we can wonder and we can assume, but what matter RIGHT NOW. Ok so RIGHT NOW is in your BRAIN. so what. you still are so far from the source or perhaps the motive. this type of thinking encourages cylclical ponderments. i wouldn't waste time wondering. if you're in a place where wonder is all you have then that simply means you're not doing anything. go out and do something. share your will with the rest of us. minds we all have....mind is easy....choice we all have.....choice CAN be easy. remain in wonderment of existence...i really don't care..but please don't be boring and just wonder. we're not here to bore eachother.....your epiphany is unique to you and i stand by you 100 percent, but please, can we we move on down the road?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by squints2010

I think it's Klaus, if he touches my Chocodiles I'll kick him in the pow pow.

But on topic; reality is what you make it with your choices; you are only hindered by your self imposed limitations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join