It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist to be monitored?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
I was thinking in all the light of facts uncovered from violent crimes and such that I believe we would have enough evidence (facts) which would by presentable before the supreme courts as to add some measure of protection to our "society" and to all of "civilization" as we know it.

our foreign policy is based on nuclear non-proliferation why can not our domestic policy be based on the same?

ie: stopping Jeffrey Dahmer the atheist before his little fetish and sexual misconduct got out of control.

here' a short exercise:
list all atrocities caused by the folks with the imaginary friends
now list the same, committed by atheists
next, tell me who we should monitor?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

atheism is a disease...

how would you qualify the tendency to write utter nonsense?
would that qualify as a disease as well?
glad to see you are so tolerant, a true believer!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

reply to post by pthena

I found it strange after watching the program that his killer said god told him to do it but anyone who truly believes in got will not kill or take life even to the point of an insect sometimes.

i take it it has been a while since you observed reality around you...
if i'm not mistaken, heaps of troops that go out to kill arabs for oil tend to have some version of the imaginary friend.

why are you so full of BS? where you abused by a priest by any chance?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Took longer than I expected for the No True Scotsman fallacy to rear its head.

When faced with a counterexample to a universal claim, rather than denying the counterexample or rejecting the original universal claim, this fallacy modifies the subject of the assertion to exclude the specific case or others like it by rhetoric, without reference to any specific objective rule.

Funny how you can only seem to tell who is and isn't a "true" Christian after the fact.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No, you have presented zero statistics* and your facts are hardly self-evident. Maybe you should try a little harder to make your case.

* A single data point isn't "statistics".

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In my opinion this thread was a complete waste of server space. It should have been pulled by the mods from the start.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

this can be linked to an ideolgy, an ism... and its adherents.

Here's one for ya, mind your own damn business. Leave them alone.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero

Which church?
Christians seem to take particular joy in taking shots at other sects of Christianity that don't quite mesh with their own.

I wonder which one of the more than 38000 denominations is right?

Why so many?

I'm surprised we don't have our very own "Holy War" right here in the good old USA!

Remember the Protestants and Catholics fighting each other in Ireland not too long ago?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Can you call your god and ask him where he is at? He should have been here by now. Maybe he's stuck in traffic. Please tell him to hurry and pick all of his children up. The rest of us have things to do.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

Are you having fun playing around with dualites? I have another duality for you. The ones that are connected and have found the holy spirit (and temporary lost their egos) and the ones who are in a club claiming they wanna find god but are just pushing duality that they are right and everybody else is wrong. Stop playing around with satan/devil (that is the manifistation of ego parasitic bullying) and try to become devine instead. The current state of this world is all our fault and we are gonna solve it when we learn to stand united against ego parasitic behaviour.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
Can you call your god and ask him where he is at? He should have been here by now. Maybe he's stuck in traffic. Please tell him to hurry and pick all of his children up. The rest of us have things to do.

^ Ditto.

I'd also like to add that he can take the other two Abrahamic delusionals as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Can you please provide sources for Atheists being more likely to be "dangerous" than religious folks?

Otherwise, that would be opinion, not fact and not really applicable in your theory of whether or not they should be "monitored".

Would you enjoy being monitored because a sect of the population thought that religious folk needed to be watched?

can anyone who believes in God truly commit the acts of Jeffrey Dahmer?

he said it himself... no God means no rules.

What about all the nutjobs that have killed people because "God told them to"? There are crazy people of ALL religious beliefs, and there are crazy people with NO religious beliefs. I am a Christian, but one of my daughters is an Atheist, and I' here to assure you that she has every bit as much of a sense of right and wrong as I do and would never commit a violent crime. I find you to be guilty of extreme judgementalism- does that mean the government should be monitoring you also? No? Because you are entitled to your own opinion? Guess what- so are Atheists!

Just because someone doesn't subscribe to religion doesn't make them a bad person who has no values, morals or ethics. Most Atheists I know share equal values, morals and ethics to my own- that is why they are a part of my life,
'

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The OP is most definitely trolling.

He makes ridiculous claims, does not back them with any facts, ignores all questions, ignores every counter point which proves him wrong, changes the subject repeatedly, and when in doubt just randomly interjects things such as "Those who love the Lord hate evil!!!" which has no bearing whatsoever on the topic at hand.

A true genius, really.

I think the best thing to do is let this thread die.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
OK, I have heard enough of the "logic" of the believers. Try this. Why are children forced to "learn" about god and the bible? I believe it's because if you waited till they were in college, their intelligence would prevent them from believing anything written by a man, then misinterpreted and rewritten by other men again and again, till they came up with the bs we call the bible. Where would the churches get their new members and money then? I understand some people need to believe in something because reality would scare the s**t out of them. It makes me sad to think of all the wasted time and money spent on religion related crap.
I wish I would have kept the copy of the study that was done years ago. In it a large group of people were asked about their religious beliefs and tested for their IQs. In the top 5% by IQ scores... 95% didn't believe in god or the bible. (watch out for those other 5% in this group) In the remaining 95%, those of average intelligence or lower, 95% do believe in god and the bible.
So yes, atheist should be monitored. They should be studied. They should be the teachers and professors. They should be in charge of making all laws. They should be in charge of every country on this planet. And yes, I have been tested... above genius IQ if you must know.
Let the flaming begin, but don't expect me to react or even answer any of it...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I guess the Christians could use it as a preemptive strike of sorts? I guess luckily for the serial killers the church is not running the state...

So you want all the Christians to rise up and take out the Atheists? How very Christian of you.
Guys he is nothing more than a troll...or a complete nutjob.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This thread is closed.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.
edit on Thu Mar 29 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6   >>

join