It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist to be monitored?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
atheism is a disease...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Phillip J. Resnick, MD: "Inside the Mind of a Terrorist - The Unabomber"

"Inside the Mind of a Terrorist - The Unabomber" Professor of Psychiatry at Case Western Reserve and noted forensic psychiatric consultant, on case such as: Jeffrey Daumer, Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kaczynsky and more.
www.youtube.com...

I've only watched the first 5 minutes so far. The subject is mental illness. The Doctor states that "if all of the mentally ill were removed, violence would only be decreased by 3%"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
atheism is a disease...

Apparently so are you...

Good thing idiocy isn't contractable....

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

atheism is a disease...

Stupid is a disease.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

now that is interesting... I'll have a watch.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

atheism is a disease...

Yes, Yes it is. A disease that that strikes people with the sudden urge to understand what is around them. How terrible that must feel for you lost people, that except a written book as proof of your existence.

edit on 25-3-2012 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I accept the truth therein.

society will not accept homosexuality!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

this can be linked to an ideolgy, an ism... and its adherents.

Can you please provide sources for Atheists being more likely to be "dangerous" than religious folks?

Otherwise, that would be opinion, not fact and not really applicable in your theory of whether or not they should be "monitored".

Would you enjoy being monitored because a sect of the population thought that religious folk needed to be watched?

That might not be a bad idea!

I've NEVER heard of Atheists murdering abortion doctors, blowing up abortion clinics or killing their own children because "Jesus" told them to...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

atheism is a disease...

That can only be cured by accepting a bastard as your savior?

Sorry, I just don't buy that whole virgin birth thing.
The reality of it is, she would have been stoned to death back then, had they not made up SOME kind of story...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

the motive @ 34:40 sounds very similar to Murray O'Hair if not a carbon copy reworded.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
being that he does not have an opinion on the video about the last question I take it as a presumption that in fact he does have a personal opinion but he will not state it professionally... as he just said before how can one examine individually society unless it is looked upon as a whole.

excellent video clip and I do understand now why the psychiatrist have their affidavit.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

we can still preempt them and hopefully the feds are on their butt

I'm an atheist, how would you like the government to monitor me. I think they have bigger issues to deal with . Like religious wing nuts who fly planes into buildings.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I'll bite...

Let me get this correct. All serial killers are Atheists, and all Atheists are homosexuals? I guess you've never heard about Albert Fish then. You know...that devout Christian, homosexual, serial torturer and killer, and pedophile of the early 20th century. I guess it's A-Okay to murder and eat children as long as you believe in God right?

You need help...or an official Troll license. I'm bettin' on the latter.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
All humans are born atheists. You learnt your religion. Try telling me you did not learn your religion. At school at church and through the media you learnt your religion, not born with it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Explanation: Having further investigated the claims made in the OP ...

Jeffrey Dahmer [wiki]

On September 26, 1988, one day after moving into his apartment, he was arrested for drugging and sexually fondling a 13-year-old boy in Milwaukee named Somsack Sinthasomphone. He was sentenced to five years probation and one year in a work release camp. He was required to register as a sex offender. Dahmer was paroled from the work release camp two months early, and he soon moved into a new apartment. Shortly thereafter, he began a string of murders that ended with his arrest in 1991.

And ...

In the early morning hours of May 27, 1991, 14-year-old Konerak Sinthasomphone (by coincidence, the younger brother of the boy whom Dahmer had molested) was discovered on the street, wandering naked, heavily under the influence of drugs and bleeding from his rectum. Two young women from the neighborhood found the dazed boy and called 911. Dahmer chased his victim down and tried to take him away, but the women stopped him. Dahmer told John Balcerzak and Joseph Gabrish, police officers dispatched to the scene, that Sinthasomphone was his 19-year-old boyfriend, and that they had an argument while drinking. Against the protests of the two women who had called 911, the officers turned him over to Dahmer. They later reported smelling a strange scent while inside Dahmer's apartment, but did not investigate it. The smell was the body of Tony Hughes, Dahmer's previous victim, decomposing in the bedroom. The officers did not make any attempt to verify Sinthasomphone's age and failed to run a background check that would have revealed Dahmer was a convicted child molester still under probation. Later that night, Dahmer killed and dismembered Sinthasomphone, keeping his skull as a souvenir.

So it wasn't a lack of monitoring that caused some of the epic failures here ... it was failure of the police to do their jobs properly.

As for empathy ...

In 1994, Lionel Dahmer published a book, A Father's Story, and donated a portion of the proceeds from his book to the victims' families. Most of the families showed support for Lionel Dahmer and his wife, Shari. He has retired from his career as an analytical chemist and resides with his wife in Medina County, Ohio. Lionel Dahmer is an advocate for creationism, and his wife was a member of the board of the Medina County Ohio Horseman's Council. Both continue to carry the name Dahmer and say they love Jeffrey despite his crimes.

Personal Disclosure: Athiests are already monitored by society as a whole and they continue to be a contributing part of society which brings me back to the person I nominated to be reviewed under the standard suggested in the OP.

Without Alan Turing ... you wouldn't have the opportunity to even post the OP!

Here is why ...

He was highly influential in the development of computer science, providing a formalisation of the concepts of "algorithm" and "computation" with the Turing machine, which played a significant role in the creation of the modern computer. Turing is widely considered to be the father of computer science and artificial intelligence.

And look what this kind of intrusion into his private life did to him ...

Turing's homosexuality resulted in a criminal prosecution in 1952, when homosexual acts were still illegal in the United Kingdom. He accepted treatment with female hormones (chemical castration) as an alternative to prison. He died in 1954, just over two weeks before his 42nd birthday, from cyanide poisoning. An inquest determined it was suicide; his mother and some others believed his death was accidental. On 10 September 2009, following an Internet campaign, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown made an official public apology on behalf of the British government for the way in which Turing was treated after the war.

Care to agree with or refute the details I lay out above?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I view atheism as a "minority" of with a high output rate of dangerous individuals...

this can be linked to an ideolgy, an ism... and its adherents.

That's funny because I've noticed the exact opposite. I've never seen an atheist bash someone's skull in for being gay, fire bomb an abortion clinic, go to war and slaughter thousands because they "believe" differently", or fleece a community and tell them that it was "god's will." GMAFB

Look at all the Christians that are closet homosexuals, pedophiles, rapists, and murders. Look at all the Jews that would so willingly nuke a nation because they are different (even though they worship the same god), look at Islam who has been so surrounded by hate and ignorance that they nearly wish death to the world.

This coming from a spiritual person, but I believe the world would be better off if we could be rid of the three Abrahamic religions. 80% of the world's woes are created by these groups.

Exhibit A

atheism is a disease...

No. Ignorance is a disease, and one that's quite endemic to people who follow religions. The bible even condemns the pursuit of knowledge.

edit on 25-3-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So the minority that accounts for ~2% of the population of the United States but only 0.2% of the prison population needs to be more closely monitored? Makes zero sense.

Then again, why expect sense from an intolerant bigot?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Which church?

I like how you're trying to act as if "Christianity", and I noticed that you pulled back from your early claims of "monotheism", is some monolithic culture that acts in lockstep in the United States. Remember, in the absence of atheists or Muslims or some other group to get all hot and bothered about, Christians seem to take particular joy in taking shots at other sects of Christianity that don't quite mesh with their own.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Not only an intolerant bigot, but too lazy to do your own work...

Those religious allies may be more plentiful than most Americans think. A Barna Group survey out last week shows that most gay Americans lead pretty robust faith lives. While 72 percent of straight American adults describe their faith as "very important" in their lives, so do 60 percent of gays and lesbians. Almost as many, 58 percent, say they've made a personal and ongoing commitment to Jesus Christ.

Activists Work to Show Gays Are Not Anti-Religious

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

corruption of an otherwise normal healthy organism occurs at the onset of godlessness...

Given that we're born godless and inducted into theism by our family unit, wouldn't the opposite make more sense?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join