It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Love.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
We are not only figuratively Children of The Creator but also literally Children of The Creator all thoughts/prayers are causal. Energized by the feeling state we call love which also defines the karmaic response. Are there others out there who Demonstrate without him kiataric response?. Take your time I'm not going anywhere.
edit on 27-3-2012 by SirLance because: Incomplete thought[speech dictation typeo/editby]
edit on 27-3-2012 by SirLance because: Speech dictation typeo sorry will try to pay more attention to detail
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SirLance

Thank you for being patient while I figure out this medium

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I think love is like this saying:

When a Person asks another: "how are you?"

the other Person resonds "I am always in the [removed the word that starts with S and ends in T and means fecies] but the depth varies"

I think love is like that... it tends to be such a comparison...like when a Person feels angry, they know it and they have the 'love' feeling to guide them...and they want to feel 'love' again and they get upset or feel lost when they don't feel the way they have before...

love is never too far away... People always want to feel it...it just seems to be the sole purpose or the deluded expectation of Humans. Trying to grasp it long enough to understand what it is and why they want it so much.

I have given it a lot of thought and never come up with an adequate answer.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirLance

Thank you for being patient while I figure out this medium

that made me laugh... if you start answering yourself... yanno what they say?

your gifted.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Not everybody wants to have love, a lot of people care more about happiness than anything.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

but isn't happiness the same thing or at least a similar feeling?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

No, you can have happiness without love, and you can have love without happiness. They are two different things.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

you could be right but I am starting to feel that it is the same..just a varying degree of love.

Happiness equates to maybe a 5 out of ten in the love scale?

oh maybe happiness if finding love feelings in other things... like the sunset or a flower etc

loving yourself and doing things for yourself instead of putting it outside of yourself makes a person happy
edit on 27/3/2012 by Thurisaz because: spelling

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I guess you can say that loving yourself and life can be a form of happiness, it is not natural to love everything though, if you love something that is harmful to you, or someone that is harmful to you, you will not have happiness but sufferance.

You can also have happiness without love though, for example, killing a mosquito that is annoying you and sucking your blood. That makes you happier than letting it drain you, but it is not love. So love and happiness are still two different concepts.
edit on 27-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by Baron01

reply to post by Baron01

Everyone is special. And I proclaim my absolute right to be freely self-expressed.
You are welcome to your judgements, but they are your judgements, and need not represent the truth of my own experience.

Do you have any thoughts or ideas or impressions that you would like to share from your experience?

And don't forget that this is a purely text-based communication medium, so there's only so much information that one can gather by which to try to take another's personal inventory! lol

Every one is only special in it's own way because there is only one of it. But besides that, no one is really special. What is so special about you? What have you done or thought about which others didn't?

You're only into the New Age thing because it gives your life a story and you have identified yourself with it. Who are you without the mask?

You are not special, there is no love, no hope, only now.

You're still assuming about the "New Age" aspect, and FYI, the human being isn't an "it" or a "thing" and in truth, when everything that is unreasonable and absurd is taken away, all there is is love. We are a mystery, no matter how many masks we take off, I'm just aware of it, that's the only thing I guess that would make me special, that I don't know who or what I really am!

Everything unreasonable and absurd only exists in your mind, the same for love. If you think something is absurd then you make it your own reality.

We are indeed a mystery to ourselves but in reality there are no mysteries.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

I think once something is recognized as absurd, it fizzles out in unreality, but not without first making us laugh at our own prior delusion or ignorance - but the love remains, like an ocean of reason and conscious awareness upon which we are free to chart a new course towards an infinitely better horizon (can you sense the mirth and humor in that?).

edit on 27-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Baron01

I think once something is recognized as absurd, it fizzles out in unreality, but not without first making us laugh at our own prior delusion or ignorance - but the love remains, like an ocean of reason and conscious awareness upon which we are free to chart a new course towards an infinitely better horizon (can you sense the mirth and humor in that?).

edit on 27-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

I'm sure there are plenty of people who can see humor in that.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

It's like a liberation of love at the end of a long dark tunnel encircled by faulty programming, once recognized in the light of truth, which is the knowledge of experience, and in that laughter, mirth, joy, and freedom, on the unconditioned ground of being, what are we to do? That's the question posed. At the end of the program, the story or the history, when there is nothing we MUST do or are compelled to do, what motivates us..? I think it's love, but since the space of novelty is absolutely free, it could be something else for someone else, but in my experience those things all come up short, leaving a person feeling empty, without meaning and purpose. And so for those who will, we are motivated then, for all the RIGHT reasons, to turn to all our human releationships and human interactions, starting within our own family of origin, however flawed! That's where the rubber meets the road, and opens up new worlds of possibility, and it's love that gives us the reason, and the courage to open up to those around us, and to a large degree, that's our world, made up, both of the mystery that we are to ourselves, and the clarity that comes from allowing ourselves to see ourselves reflected through the eyes of another.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This idea that love comes out of correct logic is great. That when we think right, we love right.

Love isn't perfect, and logic changes and maybe the trick is to be honest enough with oneself and others to make the best of logic and in doing so live in the best possible love.

This sounds so intriguing, and worth its elusiveness.

edit to add: The Lord of the Dance is one of my favorite hymns.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Phaedra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phaedra

Yes, it's like a standard of truth and justice stretching across the entire breadth and depth of the whole spectrum of all being and becoming, by which logic and reason is framed, whereby what is unreasonable or in short, just plain stupid, is sliced away (with tears of sorrow, then laughter) in favor of what is reasonable, but in so far as it makes no compromise, and is willing to go the whole distance (how far would you go for the sake of love?) it may be said that it's unreasonably reasonable in it's reasonableness, if you know what I mean. And what we're left with then it would seem, is our TRUE self, but a HAPPY self, with mirth, charm and increasing awareness, powerful in our freedom (what is freedom if not the power to choose, with awareness?), yet virtuous as well, where virtue may be defined as power restrained! It's hilarious (once you really "get" it, and understand the joke at the expense of our own prior ignorance and stupidity in our failure in love (as well as that of others)! LOL!

edit on 27-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit for more context.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phaedra

Re: Dance dance wherever you may be..

It's a celtic song (I never knew that before). Here's a version I find rather pleasant.. (although I appreciate your adding it as well
)

What this has to do with the thread is, I think this idea of absolute Liberation, and the question of what to do in that space of freedom and of limitless possibility, and an eternal love the depths of which we would plumb forever and ever, without ever exhausting it's supply!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
or, there is no love, and life is utterly absurd and meaningless, contained, and rendered moot by two eternities of nothingness, which is funny, to a degree, until the all the humor is drained away in a final insult as the last word..

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
on a more positive note... I think there's "good news" (and no I'm not to preach a "gospel" here, or maybe I am whatever it's all good).

I guess what I've been trying to say, in so many words, is that Love (with a capital L), is the unending joy, of giving (to give love is to recieve it, in one way or another, right away) and the mirthful, humorous understanding, unto a joke of all time, that mows down and blows away all ignorance and stupidity, and all human ridiculousnss, even outright absurdity, making of what was wholly INauthentic (and therefore unreal self), wholly authentic again (like a child). It is, in this way, our truth and our life (each of course having their own unique personal spiritual or psychological experience) as it IS, accepted as it is, with immense gratitude and with open arms, the choice to be and become a more authentic and loving self, made, and thus he love inherent in that choice realized, as a newfound yet already always state of being (paradoxically).

Love (understood in this way as the source of all reason) is like a great homecoming! to a warm reception, to a celebration, of love and laughter (much of it of a self deprecating nature) and pehaps even to back slapping and cheers in high places (ya never know..). It's the tears then, of sorrow and regret, immediately whiped away with a smile, and eventually, if we can persist in its comfort and joy, tears of absolute hilarity, gratitude, and the immense relief of experiencing the rebirth of being set free and LIBERATED, for the sake of freedom itself, to freely love as we are loved (and ARE Love ie: in connection with Source), but without any more pretense, which is no longer needed in the space of such freedom to be, and to true to one's own self and nature.

"Do not try to store up treasure on earth (material world), where thief and woodworm (entropy, corruption, death) can destroy, but instead store up your treasure in heaven (first/last cause - love) - and where your heart is, there will your treasure be also!"

To fall in love with love, is like winning a spiritual lottery, by coming to realize, and recognie (re cognize) that which is already eternal and therefore which is not subject to death and decay.

And so the dance goes on!

And the last laugh really then, is at death's expense, now, today, so there is good news then and the kingdom of heaven is STILL "close at hand"..! Cool.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
..and if that's not "powerful" then I don't know what is!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join