It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Love.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't totally go for Adi Da, but I liked some of his sentiments, although on the last one, I would say that love is the healing balm that heals the wounds of a failure in love.

edit on 28-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That which is unloving, is unreasonable, unhelpful, and therefore stupid, ignorant and dumb (unenlightened).

Love then, is the inverse corollary, of that!

I told you, it's hilarious!

It's fun, joyful, collegial; filled with familial camaraderie, playful banter, the clinking of glasses (or mugs)...
you know that Jesus, he must have been an absolute HOOT to hang around with, while forever turning just about everything his desciples THOUGHT they knew, on its head, with a story, a metaphor, a simple joke and/or some good old fashioned (yet kind hearted) ribbing - always reminding them not to take themselves, or their tightly held viewpoints and opinions, too seriously, in light of the higher truth, which tends to come with its own sense of humor, which is the humor of true realization and understanding (ah HA! comprehension). I'll bet he would even laugh out loud FOR them when they didn't "get it" (duh) until they themselves joined in the laughter, in spite of themselves, and perhaps oftentimes without even "knowing", with absolute certainty (except by intuition which is the knoweldge of the heart or "gnosis" ie: real knowledge) the precise reason why!

edit on 29-3-2012 by NewAgeMan because: two more LOL's were needed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Love is simply acceptance. The hardest thing to accept is the hardest thing to love.

Hate is the opposite of Love, which is denial or non-acceptance. The easiest thing to hate is the easiest thing to deny.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just remember that in matters of love, mediocrity (which is the hallmark of inauthenticity) sucks, so...

"Do not go where the path may lead, GO instead where there is no path, and leave a trail."

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Go ahead, and love then, what's there to be afraid of? Nothing, and since love is everything already, it's like diving into reality as it really and truly (authentically) is! Plunge.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Love is everything we are afraid to do, until we fall in love, with love itself, and are set free.

"To thine own self be true."

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
What a thread. Thanks to the OP and those who have worked hard to keep their heart on what it's all about. I've taken something from this.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join