It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be concerned?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hi,

All right, first of all, I have a friend who believes in all sorts of conspiracies, he actually comes on here but he would rather I did not name him just now. Anyway, as my name suggests I'm skeptical about most things. However lately I have been a little worried. I have noticed some strange goings on after I started reading up on certain things my friend had told me about. Again just now I'd rather not say what.

There was a guy who seemed to be following me, at first I thought it was a coincidence, I seen him at the gym, the cinema, the shopping mall and then I seen him at a funeral, I asked someone related to the deceased who he was, and he said he had no idea. I'm still seeing this guy round and about however he's never interacted with me and it still could be a coincidence.

My phone has been giving me some trouble of late. It's a contract phone, it has been emitting static both when I'm on the phone and even when I'm not there is a faint static buzz coming from it. I took it to the shop and they said there is no problem with the phone or my line. They were acting shifty. Again, could be nothing.

Now the one that's really crazy but my friend said it's worth mentioning. I noticed one night during the winter there was a fly buzzing around my house, I thought it was weird that it was alive so far into a cold winter, but other than that thought nothing of it. However I have since come to notice it is always, always in the same room I'm in, I usually would never harm anything, so I caught the fly and put it outside. However, it's back and will not go away.

I know this may all sound crazy, but my friend asked me to post it so here it is.

Thank you for reading. I welcome all thoughts and opinions, even if they are just that I'm seeing things that aren't there.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This seems like deja vu, was this posted earlier?

I thought I responded with try to catch the fly again in a jar and put it into the cupboard (with holes if you feel the need).

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by worriedskeptic

i would say for now its all a coincidence, i would suggest maybe taking some time away from reading up on conspiracies.you get good at connecting the dots to stuff and sooner or later you start to see conspiracy in everything.no worries unless that guy keeps showing up than i would confront him just to see what he says..

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Was posted in introductions and got deleted as "It wasn't an introduction". Despite the fact it being the reason I joined up, makes me wonder how secure this site is...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

LOL, now that's the paranoia this sites famous for

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I would suggest the following three steps,

1) Tell the guy you keep seeing around that you are uninterested in a relationship.

2) Take your phone in and get it either repaired or upgraded.

3) Make sure you've removed all garbage from your living area and then read a good book and relax a bit.

Not too likely your Internet research is gonna attract much attention unless it's über crazy not good stuff that you are up to. Paranoia is a sign of serious ATS exposure overload.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You're being overly paranoid, you need to relax. Why the hell would they follow around some guy that has just been lurking on this site? They have no reason to follow you. That man would have to be paid to follow you, and no offense but I don't think the would want to spend their money or use their valuable "fly drone technology" on following one of the MANY people who lurk on this site. Now, when we are under a new world order, you can expect way worse things than being followed. But for now, our information is (relatively) safe. If you see the guy again, go up to him and say "Have I seen you before?" or something of that nature..
Sometimes our mind plays tricks on us, and going on this site too much can cause a lot of paranoia, as there is a lot of doom and gloom on here.

Don't let the paranoia get to you. Living everyday afraid of the things we just do not know about yet is unhealthy. Just live and enjoy your life, and find comfort in the things you cant change. Only accept things when you know they are the truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xander1101

True, but don't forget the old adage "Just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you".

In all seriousness I would take the steps above, but if you can catch the fly again you get my props. I hate those buggers.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Wasn't really Internet research, I read a few of the papers this guy (from here wrote) and some of the stuff was library research. You all may be right that it's a coincidence, however I can't stress enough how often I see this guy around.

I'd also like to say that I typed my credit card details in to buy something online off of a respectable retailer and more money came out of my account, my friend said that he had heard of fly like technology that steals electronic information for financial gain is in the testing stage for people not being very wary.
edit on 23-3-2012 by worriedskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by worriedskeptic
Wasn't really Internet research, I read a few of the papers this guy (from here wrote) and some of the stuff was library research. You all may be right that it's a coincidence, however I can't stress enough how often I see this guy around.

well why do You think
he may be following You

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know, you hear about these kind of things, maybe my friend is to close to the truth and I'm being caught in the crossfire!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My opinion stay away from the Guy you keep seeing at various places!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

If you see the guy again following you, try and get a TAG Number and keep it somewhere.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you are employed, do you have a current security clearance? Are you a student at a research university?

Have you applied for a job that requires a security clearance? Any of these could entail the resources of a private investigator.

Are you into criminal endeavors? If so, you might want to consult a lawyer.

If none of these apply to you, we might have the wrong person. It happens.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
No criminal endeavors and a pretty menial job to be honest. Also someone who is usually very skeptical.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Haven't posted anything suspect on Facebook or any other social internet network? Haven't answered any online ads concerning 13 year olds?

Do you have family or close friends getting or currently employed in a high security job? They may be getting an upgrade or it could be routine periodic investigations.

Haven't made anybody angry at yourself, lately and if so, they could be getting "revenge"?

It could be a mundane coincidence, or someone could have written "Kill Pigs" on your parking ticket.

I don't know.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

Like I said, no criminal endeavors. Of any kind.

I really have no idea what's happening. Paranoia seems to be the majority opinion here and they are probably right. I''ve certainly not angered anyone that I know of but I guess you never know.

You're missing the point anyway, the guy I can deal with. The thing I wanted to know if you guys had any experience in was the fly. Is it possible it's more than just a fly?
edit on 24-3-2012 by worriedskeptic because: Had something to add.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Why don't you try following the guy next you see him?

Then try to acquire one of these gizmos

edode.blogspot.com...

This Camera was designed to be fitted with Insect Sized Aircrafts used in US Military.

But seriously, what did you do?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
are you an inventor?

new topics

top topics

join