It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The May 5th and 6th full moon affect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I read many articles by a gentleman name Jim Berkland retired Geologist. He found a new and full moon pattern that has connections to our mid to large earthquakes. He predicted the san fransisco quake and many others. He claims when the new or full moon is closest to earth the full moon causing the high tides combined with the closeness to earth of the moon is when the larger earthquakes occur.
Going by his valuations I have found May 5th and 6th will be the closest to earthof this year followed by November 11th and 12ths new moons comming in second. He has accurately predicted from the day of the new or full moon within 1 to 10 days a large earth quake happens. So I am speculating somewhere between may 5th and 15th, ( im going to even try to get more direct and say possible the 7th of may) we will have a 7 + quake. On the novemeber 11th new moon I speculate it will be the quake that shifts the earth 5 degrees.
His claims super eclipses is when volcanoes blow. I haven`t researched if we will have super eclipses this year yet therefore i cant make any assumptions regarding them.
So what say you the fine minds of ATS?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I have read and watched many of Jim Berkland precise earthquake predictions he has a uncanny ability to get it right nearly every time infact the national weather burea has given great credience to his studies.
Time will reveal if he got this one right.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sure if the moon can pull the oceans to high tides and low tides it probably has some pull on the tectonic plates.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I am not too familiar with Jim but I have a similar theory that started for me last year just before japans 9.1. I think we should be watching the 10 days before maximum perigee for the year this year its may 6.

the full moon is not what affects the earth it is the constant push and pull that is created from the moons constantly changing perigee and apogee from what I have been observing there is a pickup in activity every month leading up to the maximum perigee with magnitudes and energy increasing up to the years maximum I would say three months before. I also observed this with last years second closest perigee on Oct 26th.

I also had the same feeling with this last quake in mexico and was right on top of it in the quake thread...
feel free to check out my thread from last year it has alot of info and personally I think I may be seeing a coincidence in the 10days before perigee.

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
"a new and full moon pattern". So you want me to believe that both none and a lot of REFLECTED LIGHT are creating earthquakes? NO WAY!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

So I take it you do not understand the effect of full moon on earths surfice so I shall give you a brief. When we are in full moon the oceans rise and tides change even a child of 4th grade knows this. Second when the new moon occurs it is scientifically proven it pulls on the earths surfice. When the moon is closest to the earth with a new or full moon it has damaging results. Personally I suggest you do a little research on moon and earths relationships then return and tell me im wrong. However I never claimed I knwo anything I brought this to ATS because of the high level of intelligence I am guaranteed to recieve from various questions and mis understandings. Its a questionable theory and I am searching opinions and well yours turns out to be ya worthless. Shrill? Troll? Bored?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
I am not too familiar with Jim but I have a similar theory that started for me last year just before japans 9.1. I think we should be watching the 10 days before maximum perigee for the year this year its may 6.

the full moon is not what affects the earth it is the constant push and pull that is created from the moons constantly changing perigee and apogee from what I have been observing there is a pickup in activity every month leading up to the maximum perigee with magnitudes and energy increasing up to the years maximum I would say three months before. I also observed this with last years second closest perigee on Oct 26th.

I also had the same feeling with this last quake in mexico and was right on top of it in the quake thread...
feel free to check out my thread from last year it has alot of info and personally I think I may be seeing a coincidence in the 10days before perigee.

I read your thread thanks it explained alot. I do refer to the closeness of the moon to earth, not its brilliant shine or its full 1/2 or new moon status. Its about the pulling action which i am still researching and learning about. You helped alot thanks

Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

thats a good explanation and something that should be remembered however small the effect is, there is an effect and it is always changing.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Please cite your 'scientifically proven" pure nonsense, the oceans and tides 'change' every day regardless of the phase of the moon. The phase is created by the shadow cast by the earth blocking sun light. The moon pulls on the earth 24/7.

BTW the moon does not revolve around the earth, they revolve around one another, the axis being well below the surface of the earth. That is why there is also a high tide opposite the side facing the moon.

You totally ignore the influence of the SUN! During new and full moon the pull of both the SUN and moon are aligned. Any 3rd grader knows that. EARTH tides do not extend deep enough into the crust to cause quakes.

edit on 26-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2012 by oghamxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Hey remember last years March 19 super moon? The moon was close to earth as its ever been in 20 years and guess what...no huge destructive earthquakes!

So please, enough with the false predictions.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm still saying an earthquake 7+ will happen sometime around may 7th- 10th. This isn't a so called prediction its a I betcha, and it could happen in Ling Valley cali, I betcha. We will know after 5-7-2012/5-10-2012. Then you can Haller false flag ar me

new topics

top topics

join