It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would Muslims react?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Intelearthling, the last I heard, the ANWR reserves could provide an estimated 1 -1.5 million barrels per day and the ANWR reserve is larger than the reserves in Texas or Lousiana. Nowhere near enough to eliminate dependence on imports.

Here's a statement from 2003:
DOI.gov
"ANWR could produce nearly 1.4 million barrels of oil, while Texas produces just more than one million barrels a day, California just less than one million barrels a day and Louisiana produces slightly more than 200,000 barrels a day."

If the reserves in Louisiana have increased since then, please post a link.

Anyway, resorting to violence against Muslims in the manner suggested in this thread might be done if the US is invaded by Muslim armies.
The thought of doing this to get back at people fighting the occupation in Iraq however, just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

I'm looking for it now. What it was was untapped oil reseves that had been discovered, both in Louisiana and Alaska. The petroleum industry and the enviromentalists are at each others neck on whether to drill or not. As soon as I find the sourse I got my information from, I'll certainly post it.

<< 1   >>

join