It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Facebook pages monitored by the CIA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
pastebin[dot]com/uimqh2mu

This is a partial list of the forums contained in the WTPN (in alphabetical order)

I saw this in my news feed posted by an Occupy Wall St. page and felt it was worth sharing. I cannot confirm how valid this list is, but it looks like its mostly monitoring Ron Paul pages.

If anyone can verify the accuracy and legitimacy of this release please do so.

Ramble on ATS.

EDIT: For some reason the link is broken, ive tried several times to fix it. Just fix the "Dot".

edit on 23-3-2012 by MrRamblinRose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
link doesnt work

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Bad link, mang.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Interesting and believable but I really don't know of any sure way to verify ?Especially of anything sourced to the occupy movement?They don't give up sources

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRamblinRose

No one is that important.The CIA is not monitoring facebook or any other social media

And no,I'm not a disinfo agent.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Bad link, mang.

I'm aware, attempted to fix it but no luck.

Just replace the words "Dot" and "Slash"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

No one is that important.The CIA is not monitoring facebook or any other social media

I disagree, they would be scouring all forms of social media looking for anything they can.my.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Could they possibly make that any more unreadable...

It's in alphabetic order according to what exactly... even if one of my sites were on the list... I stopped caring after I got about half way down the page and felt my brain start melting...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
he won't see the word pastebin for some reason, you cant make a link of it

pastebin[dot]com/uimqh2mu

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

Lol yeah they coulda made it a bit easier on the eyes.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think it would be easier to make a list of FB pages the CIA isn't monitoring. And that list would probably be empty.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

So what if they are?People on this site are too paranoid.They can monitor my facebook all they want,I've got nothing to hide.It's usually the ones that do have something to hide that complain.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You sure about that?

Click this link
or this link
or this link
or perhaps this link

Looks like the jokes on you. Just about every MSM outlet and PC magazines ran the article after the CIA admitted they do monitor social network sites such as facebook and twitter which was originally reported by the AP.

Your post reminds me of an old quote, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Did you read the list?

"WTPN PARTNERS By Roger Landry, Sof Sweet and Bonnie Davis Ross in WE THE PEOPLE · Edit Doc · Delete This is a partial list of the forums contained in the WTPN (in alphabetical order) !!! If you are not a member of these forums Please request membership in these groups or like the pages!"

Since when do CIA lists say things like " If you are not a member of these forums Please request membership in these groups or like the pages!"

*Facepalm*...This is the WeThePeopleNetwork's list of partners...they appear to be big Ron Paul supporters, it has nothing to do with the CIA! Unless you think the CIA just copied a list from WTPN including the "please request membership" part!! LMAO!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

So what if they are?People on this site are too paranoid.They can monitor my facebook all they want,I've got nothing to hide.It's usually the ones that do have something to hide that complain.

It has nothing to do with having something to hide. It has everything to do with a violation of your rights as an Individual. It has everything to do with being guilty until proven innocent. It has everything to do with the fact that this goes against everything this Country was founded on.

If you think this is simply about having something to hide, you are very naive and foolish and clearly have no idea how these things quickly get out of hand. Case in point, we can look at the case of Fred Reio, who was arrested in Florida after posting a Music Video on his facebook. His Music Video contained plenty of guns, none of the guns were real and they were all props. It did not matter. Police raided his home, took him into custody, and of course a public defender convinced him that it was in his best interest to take a plea deal.

Free Fred Reio

But yeah, I am sure this is an isolated incident and there is nothing to worry about. After all, it's not like you can be arrest for a virtual "poke" or anything. Oops... I was wrong. Just ask this women.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Did you read the list?

"WTPN PARTNERS By Roger Landry, Sof Sweet and Bonnie Davis Ross in WE THE PEOPLE · Edit Doc · Delete This is a partial list of the forums contained in the WTPN (in alphabetical order) !!! If you are not a member of these forums Please request membership in these groups or like the pages!"

Since when do CIA lists say things like " If you are not a member of these forums Please request membership in these groups or like the pages!"

*Facepalm*...This is the WeThePeopleNetwork's list of partners...they appear to be big Ron Paul supporters, it has nothing to do with the CIA! Unless you think the CIA just copied a list from WTPN including the "please request membership" part!! LMAO!!!

I assumed that was the people who released it's "Now give me support" plea

Either way, thanks for the verification, finding the legitimacy of this was the point of the thread for me.

Now i can tell the occupy page they're full of it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

You really need to get over the 'i've done nothing wrong, i've nothing to hide' it is such an A hole statement. If they want to, they can make it look like you've done lots of naughty things, some people really need to wake up

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Can you prove that?

Facebook is essentially a mass monitoring tool, not only gives "law enforcement" agencies access to the public's information, but the entire world made up by each person using it.

The CIA has every reason to monitor facebook pages, facebook servers, or even facebook employees. That's what the CIA does. If the DHS is openly admitting to monitoring social media websites....

cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

...then why should we think the CIA isn't involved in similar tactics?

The thing about facebook is that it is voluntary. What else is better than getting gullible members of the public (worldwide) to wilfully post information about themselves online, using everything ranging from their street address to their most desired sexual fantasy.

Any and all information is important to these "agencies". Even if it's a forum post about the most oblivious piece of information (eg; a favourite colour). It can be used to build a profile of an individual.

All i can say to that is this;
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
edit on 23/3/2012 by InsideYourMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Let them monitor it.

They'll find out the kind of music I like, the kind of beer I drink and even the politics that I follow.

It's my choice to be on Facebook. I could get rid of it but then I'd miss out on stuff that I care about (mainly updates from non-mainstream political sources, etc).

top topics

join