It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More mysterious rumbling in Wisconsin... this time in Montello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This happened TODAY!!! Another one!!! Something isn't right folks.

March 22, 2012 – WISCONSIN – The strange sounds heard over three straight nights in Clintonville, Wisconsin, have now been reported 70 miles to the south in Montello. What are they? Also, officials in Montello are reporting an unidentifiable slimy sludge has invaded the waste water system, never seen before. Can it have something to do with the weird booming noises residents of both towns are reporting? In Clintonville this evening, a town meeting is being held with city officials doing their best to answer questions and allay fears. But, they admit, so far they have no explanation for the mysterious, thunderous booms shaking the ground in both far-flung towns. Residents are bracing for another sleepless night, even for those not in the affected areas, because of the unease and fear this phenomenon is causing. Why is it happening only at night? Are aliens starting to work the night shift? Some believe it indicates the strange sounds are a result of some human activity which someone is trying to shield from the public eye. Possibly for illegal reasons? It wouldn’t be the first time that greedy, uncaring people put others, and the environment, at risk purely for personal gain. Unfortunately, it’s a story which has repeated itself over and over. At least in some scenarios, aliens who visit the Earth in a UFO have benevolent reasons for disrupting the lives of unsuspecting citizens. If it’s found that a group of people is doing something harmful, without thought to serious consequences, sleepy towns in Wisconsin, like Clintonville and Montello may wake from peaceful slumber in a mighty nasty mood. –Gather

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...
edit on 22-3-2012 by PerceptionReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You are sitting on a volcano and it's about to go. I think the lava or the gases are already releasing into the water lake. Mystery booms solved.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The more and more I hear about this, and having heard the "Hum" myself, I'm finding it more and more difficult to simply dismiss it.

I believe that there is either something happening with our Earth right now, naturally, or that someone/something is underground causing this.

I want to know!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
Check this out: Volcano in Wisconsin?
Who'd have thought? This is in Marathon county, not far from Clintonville at all 30 to 50 miles away tops...and not too much farther from Montello.

Makes you wonder.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
i know this isn't the most interesting answer and it will probably be ignored but the land rush in wisconsin for sand could be the culprit. they have to blast the sandstone to mine the sand and new sites are popping up EVERY DAY. it's a huge land rush for sand that is needed for fracking. there is runoff from this process from what i can tell and when you're blasting the ground like that all kinds of things can happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
All this 'rumbling' of the earth and how these are powerful enough to shake houses even, makes me think of the line:

"there will be earthquakes in various places"

Quoted from the bible of course, but the fact that these little 'earthquakes' are happening in various places around the world in areas where no fault line is located, seems like an act of god in itself doesn't it...
on top of that no one can explain them, which only adds to the eluding mystery.

and the land rush in Wisconsin, that would explain it for that area perhaps, but what about all the other places around the world this happens? Especially in areas where fracking is NOT located.
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: just saw previous answer

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
All I hear is stories and news reports and people talking about it , but no one yet has shown me a video from Wisconsin that actually captures these sound's. Don't send me new's reports that talk about it or show grandma talking about it, why is no one recording this when it happens? Pretty simple to do.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I just spewed my frustration on Quakewatch and then I came across this thread.

I guess USGS just posted a quake underneath that town in Wisconson. And moreover, it happened a couple of days ago, during the heat of battle, and then had the nerve to insist there was no seismic activity

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 22-3-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i know this isn't the most interesting answer and it will probably be ignored but the land rush in wisconsin for sand could be the culprit. they have to blast the sandstone to mine the sand and new sites are popping up EVERY DAY. it's a huge land rush for sand that is needed for fracking. there is runoff from this process from what i can tell and when you're blasting the ground like that all kinds of things can happen.

I wonder if the officials have looked into you're explanation. Almost anything is plausible at this point right now.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Surely some one will have the insight to chuck a mic outside over night and record these damn booms!??

I wanna hear them

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Surely some one will have the insight to chuck a mic outside over night and record these damn booms!??

I wanna hear them

LOL, that's not going to answer the question of what these sounds are. I care more about what the hell it is than anything.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quetzalcoatl12

It probably wont help much to determine their cause, but surely hearing them is better than not knowing what they sound like!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167
All I hear is stories and news reports and people talking about it , but no one yet has shown me a video from Wisconsin that actually captures these sound's. Don't send me new's reports that talk about it or show grandma talking about it, why is no one recording this when it happens? Pretty simple to do.

There is live feed you know.

Originally posted by Evildead
This story is everywhere now. CNN, Drudge Report, etc.

TONIGHT you can watch a LIVE UStream of the Fox Cities Post-Crescent Paper on scene listening for the booms.

Go to this link to listen and watch LIVE in Clintonville TONIGHT!
LIVE UStream from Clintonville, WI. 3/20/12

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quetzalcoatl12

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

I wanna hear them

LOL, that's not going to answer the question of what these sounds are. I care more about what the hell it is than anything.

Well if they don't really exist than what would be the purpose of discovering what they are

hearing them would provide proof of existence would it not

(not saying they dont just this is a reason people wish to hear them first lol)
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: clearing that up

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
I just spewed my frustration on Quakewatch and then I came across this thread.

I guess USGS just posted a quake underneath that town in Wisconson. And moreover, it happened a couple of days ago, during the heat of battle, and then had the nerve to insist there was no seismic activity

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 22-3-2012 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

That's because they knew they couldn't keep it a secret anymore. Probably reading ATS and said, "OH, Cht" we just got made, better notify the public"
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yeah I know but MORE rumblings were heard TODAY. That was yesterday.

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Nucleardoom
Check this out: Volcano in Wisconsin?
Who'd have thought? This is in Marathon county, not far from Clintonville at all 30 to 50 miles away tops...and not too much farther from Montello.

Makes you wonder.

edit on 21-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by PerceptionReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by mark1167

There is live feed you know.

Originally posted by Evildead
This story is everywhere now. CNN, Drudge Report, etc.

TONIGHT you can watch a LIVE UStream of the Fox Cities Post-Crescent Paper on scene listening for the booms.

Go to this link to listen and watch LIVE in Clintonville TONIGHT!
LIVE UStream from Clintonville, WI. 3/20/12

Thank you I was not aware of it.

top topics

join