It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Sounds and Possible Connection To Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Okay. This post is more of a question than anything else. No links. No proof. No videos. No theory. I'm posting this here so that the folks interested in the various sound anomalies happening around the planet will be able to find and comment.

Back when they were still constructing the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) there were many folks out there with theories that the Earth would somehow be affected if and when this thing was ever activated.

Well, it has been activated obviously. The experiments are being performed, and at ever increasing energy levels.

I have no theories as to "why" this might be related and am fully aware of the whole "correlation doesn't imply causation" thing.

Questions for the forum:
Does anyone have any information on recent/current LHC activities?
Are any of the LHC doom-sayers still around?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

CERN is not in the U.S. and the collider may create mini black holes, that was the concern, but no underground noises

So I don't think that's it

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Been shut down for a while...

LHC Report: The shutdown work nearing completion

The work planned for the LHC injector chain during the winter shutdown is nearing completion. The PS Booster (PSB) and PS will be closed to access next week, and the control of machine access will be transferred to the CERN Control Centre in preparation for the resumption of machine operation. Hardware tests are being performed in all the machines.

cdsweb.cern.ch...

Not sure this is from last year[

here we go...

LHC 2012 - latest news

The LHC is in shutdown for the 2011/12 technical stop. Looking forward to take beam again in the second week of March.

Second week of March - reactivated?
lhc-commissioning.web.cern.ch...
edit on 22-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does anyone know how to make heads or tails out of the status screens posted at lhc.web.cern.ch...?

Seems the energy levels were very high earlier today and have recently dropped.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a singlelarity in the planet, this topic scares the # out of me. iv seen that star trek film

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

This article makes it sound like the shutdown has been postponed.

Well, the worst kept secret in particle physics has been confirmed: the LHC will run in 2012. We’ve been fairly confident for some time now that postponing the long shutdown by a year was the right thing to do, but we couldn’t confirm it until after everything had been carefully considered in Chamonix this week.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
Does anyone know how to make heads or tails out of the status screens posted at lhc.web.cern.ch...?

Seems the energy levels were very high earlier today and have recently dropped.

The site with that picture says at the top....

This website is no longer maintained. Please refer to CERN Twitter pages for recent news about the LHC. twitter.com...#!/cern/

lhc.web.cern.ch...
edit on 22-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by vister74
a singlelarity in the planet, this topic scares the # out of me. iv seen that star trek film

Release the red matter.

RUN.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PageAlaCearl
The site with that picture says...

This website is no longer maintained. Please refer to CERN Twitter pages for recent news about the LHC. twitter.com...#!/cern/

lhc.web.cern.ch...

I saw that. But the charts are current and bring updated in real time. All the pretty graphs are changing.
Also see:
Coordination (schedule)
Current Status - Page 1
LHC Operation

Definitely some activity going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Debunked. The sounds have been going on for far longer than the LHC has been active.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Debunked. The sounds have been going on for far longer than the LHC has been active.

Can you please link to reports of these sounds before 10 September 2008 when the LHC was activated for the first time? Wikipedia

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think you may be onto something but in a slightly different way than you present. Consider this as a theory....

In 1945, we detonated the first atomic weapons Mankind has ever made (That we know of, historically). History shows the UFO craze and real intensity of activity started in the years following those blasts. The ONLY thing to really happen in the 1940's that NEVER happened before.

In recent years the LHC/CERN has come online, doing all kinds of extreme advanced work on energy types and particle nature we've never been capable of before.

What if.....The blasts in 1945 and the LHC both have ONE thing in common? What if BOTH these very high end, VERY advanced examples of work in energy and nature throw off OTHER energy types and signatures we can't even fathom in our early state of understanding? ....following that line..what if the noises are evidence of how Earth is drawing all kinds of attention from elsewhere we never did or WOULD have before lighting off things that gave a neon sign of progress level to the rest of the Universe?

I know...kinda far out there..but this is ATS, where everything gets 1 shot, right? You mention CERN and I couldn't help but think of this..... Maybe the noises ARE very much related, just not direct cause/effect.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Not totally sure, the left is a Bit Error Rate calculation. The right looks like Power Level. The bottom is time in 15 minute increments. Looks like someone pulled the plug or noise entered their system. Interesting!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
deleted
edit on 3/22/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

they had problems with the LHC and only bounced particles once at half speed each way to achieve C...then they bounced led particles ,,,all of which to ask them was uneventful.

who knows but answer me this, why all the sink holes after.,,,yeah I know where you are going and maybe so but its so tight a stretch you could never get there

top topics

join