It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Flooded with "Doctor Who" Celebrity Clickjacking Scams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Twitter Flooded with "Doctor Who" Celebrity Clickjacking Scams

news.softpedia.com

The news that Jenna-Louise Coleman is about to become part of BBC’s "Doctor Who" series became a popular topic on social media sites. Cybercriminals took advantage of the trending topic and started flooding Twitter with malicious posts.

Sophos experts determined that users who clicked on the links from the shady messages were taken to a site that promoted adult content.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This my friends is just the beginning, think of what can be achieved by this simple but extremely effective method of click and view. Although its nothing new to anyone who lives or tweets his digital time on the net one must take the time to think about the bold move that they took in directing viewers to a particular site.

So next time, be careful what you read and what you click, then again, its come to a point that no-one is 100% sure of the link that they see is exactly what they are viewing. Virtual boxes and url's are becoming a normal part of the net and since we are talking about millions of dollars, i would simply say sit back and enjoy the roller coaster ride with some popcorn.

news.softpedia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
this sort of crap is one of the reasons i wonder what the point of twitter is - untill ms Coleman actually appears in a dr who episode i watch - i dont give a monkies

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I love twitter, but hate the spam!
I use my block for spam button a lot!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
this sort of crap is one of the reasons i wonder what the point of twitter is - untill ms Coleman actually appears in a dr who episode i watch - i don't give a monkies

Indeed i can see your point as she is a hotty but what i want to see or read if the Doc will end up shagging the brunette, now thats an episode worth watching.

shagging coleman in the tart-as (tardis)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I love twitter, but hate the spam!
I use my block for spam button a lot!

me, i don't use the block or spam, i simply use their email and register to some seriously disturbing sites within the net.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Speaking for myself, I cant wait for the day twitter ends up like myspace....a web fad that ran its course and died.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I just had to google her to find out who she was...Man...She ugly! She's deffo not a hottie! Wash your eyes out folks

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
loling how a twitter thread ends in swineflu and pandemic

top topics

join