It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been really feeling 'oddly placed' as of late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I'm perfectly healthy and am about to turn 39 on March 31 (though I'm avoiding my bday in the real world. I hate being reminded xD). I don't really get /too/ into the hype about the goings-on in the world though I try to keep abreast of what's going on.

Do I think anything is going to happen this year? I keep an open mind to any possibility but I don't live for/by it, if that makes sense.

However, the last few weeks I've noticed myself almost feeling displaced or like I'm here but not really here. Almost like nothing matters like it once used to. I still obviously go to work, take care of responsibilities, love life, am happy as one can be given the state of the world. Don't drink, use bad substances, not on any meds, etc.

It's just odd how I feel almost like someday real soon I won't be here any more and that things really don't matter like they used to. Nope, not depressed or suicidal. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I have read posts on here about the 'wakenings' or 'new consciousness' for 2012 and sometimes wonder if that may be indeed what's going on. Whenever I get this feeling as I just did about 30 minutes ago, I get a moment of fear but then it subsides into a feeling of 'fine', that 'this is all right'. Anyone else feeling this way or somehow similar and maybe could give me an idea what's going on?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I look at it this way... We wouldn't be experiencing life if we weren't meant to die.

As far as consciousness shifts/awakening, I see zero evidence of such things happening in the past, so why would you expect it to happen in the future?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Life isn't what it used to be, everything now seems to have entered a new consciousness and a worse one. I used to think that I was in heaven about 8 years ago, anything I do now makes me feel as if I'm in hell.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i think you're reading too far into what your feelings are, everyone gets in those types of moods... you said you don't drink -maybe you should try having a night cap and to let your mind relax

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Well you are hardly new to ATS so you are apparently awake and have been for awhile, maybe you just need a break from the ATS style news.
Has it been raining where you are or overcast?
I have heard this can affect your mood along with the whole female thing this could be quite real.
The world has not been a happy place overall for a while, we were able to mask it in the US for a while however.
I am not a doctor but I play one with my wife, I prescribe for you an ice cream sundae and some puppy face licks.

All is not well, but do what you can with your self, live well.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Gosh, you seem to have expressed how I've been feeling lately. I don't really know why either. It could be hormonal or all the other usual suspects, but like you, I seem to have found a strange acceptance of it. All I can say is you are not alone in that feeling. Stay strong :-) and thanks.

This following song spoke to me, not just because I'm sort of an environmentalist...but something inside me is saying even though my loved ones and I might be going under I'm going to go down finding truth and the goodness that is around me. They say it's too hard to see, don't believe them.

(I can't post videos but i'll post the lyrics and you can find the video if your interested.)

"...We walk the plank with our eyes wide open... Some people offered up answers We made out like we heard, but they were only words They didn't add up To a change in the way we were living And the saddest thing- Is all of it could have been avoided But it was like to stop consuming is to stop being human And why would I make a change if you won't We're all in the same boat, staying afloat For the moment And we walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we.. Walk the plank with our eyes wide open With our eyes wide open we... Walk the plank, we walk the plank And that was the end of the story."

by-'Gotye'
www.youtube.com...

edit on 22-3-2012 by butterflyowl because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2012 by butterflyowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Happy Birthday for next week and welcome to middle age

If you have kids then you must be really cracked by now.
I'm about to redecorate my place soon, I think I'll go for the sanitarium look
with feature padded walls this year

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

It's just odd how I feel almost like someday real soon I won't be here any more and that things really don't matter like they used to. Nope, not depressed or suicidal. Couldn't be farther from the truth. I have read posts on here about the 'wakenings' or 'new consciousness' for 2012 and sometimes wonder if that may be indeed what's going on. Whenever I get this feeling as I just did about 30 minutes ago, I get a moment of fear but then it subsides into a feeling of 'fine', that 'this is all right'. Anyone else feeling this way or somehow similar and maybe could give me an idea what's going on?

Hello, i'm glad i found your post, me and my husband have been feeling the same recently too, we keep getting a sense of helplessness but then we tell each other that we're not going to let the horrible stuff in this world get us down (although its easier said than done sometimes). we have a pretty good idea how its all going to end and whilst we know its going to be extremely tough we know that its better for us to be awake and see whats happening rather than just getting sucked into it and not understanding why everything is the way it is.

i wish i could give you some advice on why your feeling the way you are, but i can't, all i can say is keep your chin up and remember your not alone!

me and my hubby both 'woke up' at the back end of last year, and already i've met random people who also know what is going on, its a shame there aren't more of us, we need to stick together and try and raise awareness, although its obvious that a lot of people do not want to know the truth, and i don't blame them although i feel very upset for them.

Do you have anyone in your life that is on the same wavelength as you that you can talk to? luckily me and my hubby woke up within a couple of months of each other and it really helps having him to talk to, i'd be going nuts if i didn't have him to reassure me that i wasn't! lol

top topics

join