It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brightest galactic flash ever detected hits Earth, one day earlier Indonesia had EQ of M 9.3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Truth be told, some of the exotic particles that "they" are trying to create at CERN are not only exciting but actually scary. I wouldn't be surprised if all the noises in the sky, the strange lights and the earthquakes were actually caused by mini black holes released by CERN experiments.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lover088
Personally think this events are connected and gamma rays or cosmic rays from space can cause strongest earthquakes on Earth .....

Gamma rays can be quite strong... though IMHO, it seems more like a "gravity wave" hit before the photons got here. IMHO, it adds evidence to my assertion which has yet to be diss-proven (and gets the ridicule of truth per Schopenhaur's stages of revelation...), ...

Black holes PROVE faster than light forces exist, EATHER! (drudge.com thread).

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Blazar Jets Push Closer to Cosmic Speed Limit

More info here ..

Blazars are active galactic nuclei -- energetic regions surrounding massive black holes at the centers of galaxies. Material being drawn into the black hole forms a spinning disk called an accretion disk. Powerful jets of charged particles are ejected at high speeds along the poles of accretion disks. When these jets happen to be aimed nearly toward the Earth, the objects are called blazars.

Their measurements showed that features in the blazar jets were moving at apparent speeds more than 25 times greater than that of light. This phenomenon, called superluminal motion, is not real, but rather is an illusion caused by the fact that the material in the jet is moving at nearly the speed of light almost directly toward the observer. Because the jet features are moving toward Earth at almost the same speed as the radio waves they emit, they can appear to move across the sky at faster-than-light speeds. Scientists can correct for this geometrical effect to calculate a lower limit to the true speed of the features.

"We typically see apparent speeds in blazar jets that are about five times the speed of light, and that corresponds to a true speed of more than 98 percent of light speed," Piner said. "Now, based on independent confirmation by two groups of astronomers, we see these three blazars with apparent speeds greater than 25 times that of light," Piner added. That apparent speed, the scientists said, corresponds to a true speed of greater than 99.9 percent of light speed, which is 186,282 miles per second.

www.nrao.edu...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"The Sun is More Active Now than Over the Last 8000 Years"

"An international team of scientists has reconstructed the Sun's activity over the last 11 millennia and forecasts decreased activity within a few decades"

October 28, 2004

"The activity of the Sun over the last 11,400 years, i.e., back to the end of the last ice age on Earth, has now for the first time been reconstructed quantitatively by an international group of researchers led by Sami K. Solanki from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research (Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany). The scientists have analyzed the radioactive isotopes in trees that lived thousands of years ago. As the scientists from Germany, Finland, and Switzerland report in the current issue of the science journal "Nature" from October 28, one needs to go back over 8,000 years in order to find a time when the Sun was, on average, as active as in the last 60 years. Based on a statistical study of earlier periods of increased solar activity, the researchers predict that the current level of high solar activity will probably continue only for a few more decades."

© Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research

www.mpg.de...

en.wikipedia.org...

Mysterious Objects at the Edge of the Electromagnetic Spectrum

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm not going to discount your findings as I have no idea from one day to the next what has changed and what new findings I will read about.

I think it's possible the same energy that was released may have caused an EQ. Next day the energy was also observed.... who knows!

Plasma Physics is a new study of mine and what I find really interesting is all the things we simply do not know yet. What we think we know... changes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lover088

The video mentions "crazy protons" and I have to say the past six months I have been collecting as much data as I can in regards to the Sun's activity and what is going on with it. There are many theories.... but my guess is change is constant and we are seeing and hearing changes world wide. Maybe we really are just experiencing a lot more energy and because of this fact the core of our Earth is excited.
I don't know...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ciao00 mo0m, very nice ti see ya hope all is ok-best with you and your family ..

Another bright supernova goes boom in M95 near Mars

Posted on March 18, 2012

astrobob.areavoices.com...

cs.astronomy.com...

www.cbat.eps.harvard.edu...

Supernova 2012AW in Galaxy M95 ..

This days is in early stages, we will see how strong emission will be from this supernova explosion ..

Possible connection with Mexico EQ of M 7.6, don't know we will see is to early ..

But this is only one of my theory's, need time to be more positive etc ..

edit on 22-3-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
You never told us why you think the two events are connected. Just have a feeling or what?

Because I believe EM radiation can cause biggest earthquakes, also very confident ..

Have many examples but is useless if you do not understand basic things of EM radiation what I already post ..

en.wikipedia.org...

The types of electromagnetic radiation are broadly classified into the following classes:
Gamma radiation
X-ray radiation
Ultraviolet radiation
Visible radiation
Infrared radiation
Microwave radiation
Radio waves

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-3-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

I mean mate!
Sincerely...
You come-up with a theory that is you know... very much yours
And you give no technical explanation to your insight. All you give us is a "it's useless because you guys don't understand basic things"...
1: try us.
2: do you understand basic things?
3: Do you understand your own theory and can you precisely explain how gamma rays could have direct repercussions on the earth sismic activity? By all means enlighten us. Talk pure mathematic if you need to but don't try to sweettalk us...

Peace,

Logiciel

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

All is really good! BUSY! Kids and sports plus work and house managing.... makes for a busy mom!

Back to you as well!

I will watch the videos when I have time later this afternoon. Thanks!

Since we are highly connected to our Sun... I am thinking that as we get closer to 2013 the Sun will begin to reach it's maximum. They say it will be as active as it was over 100 years ago.

No doubt...they are studying faster than they ever have before trying to take precautions. My take on it anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Good theory, good info. Yet another possibility of a probable cause of EQ's on earth in addition to the plate tectonics. Just have to wait and see I guess to be proven accurate.

The way I understood your theory so far is not much related to the heat caused by the bombardment of gamma rays but by the forces created due to magnetic field disruption (I am thinking of childhood experiments of playing with 2 magnets). Like poles attract and unlike poles repel. When we try to repel the magnet with the like pole, it moves away. That energy exerted onto the magnet being repelled originated from the like pole magnet #1. In the case of the earth, the energy has no where to go so is my assumption right that it does affect the earth's crust as a whole either twisting or twitching upto certain extent causing the tectonic plates to move either faster or into a slightly different direction causing the EQ's we have seen thus far? I am not implying that EQ's are not caused by tectonic plates but I think they are also caused by the cosmic rays of various types originating way out there in the infinite space affecting not just the temperature of earth's atmoshphere but also the disturbance of magnetic shield and its effects on earth itself. I am trying to make sense of what I have read thus far from your links.

Hope I'm making any sense here.

edit on 22-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Good theory, good info. Yet another possibility of a probable cause of EQ's on earth in addition to the plate tectonics. Just have to wait and see I guess to be proven accurate.

The way I understood your theory so far is not much related to the heat caused by the bombardment of gamma rays but by the forces created due to magnetic field disruption (I am thinking of childhood experiments of playing with 2 magnets). Like poles attract and unlike poles repel. When we try to repel the magnet with the like pole, it moves away. That energy exerted onto the magnet being repelled originated from the like pole magnet #1. In the case of the earth, it has no where to go so is my assumption right that it does affect the earth's crust as a whole either twisting or twitching upto certain extent causing the tectonic plates to move either faster or into a slightly different direction causing the EQ's we have seen thus far? I am not implying that EQ's are not caused by tectonic plates but I think they are also caused by the cosmic rays of various types originating way out there in the infinite space affecting not just the temperature of earth's atmoshphere but also the disturbance of magnetic shield and its effects on earth itself. I am trying to make sense of what I have read thus far from your links.

Hope I'm making any sense here.

That makes sense to me although I want to add that any excitement of massive radiation and or energy would also reach the Earth's core? Thats my understanding anyway.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
pretty crazy stuff... lots and lots "strange" things are coming about, the energy shift in and around Earth is very foriegn to modern day man.

You all must remember (even you Phageio) .. that we are a very young race, with little comprension of not only our planet and its energy, not just stars and their energy, not only the galaxy we live in and the trillion others, but the universes and cosmos as a whole. We have been "advanced" (compared to cave men) or about 150 years now lol. So yes, with our new "toys" (technologically speaking) we will discover and see new things

~ Love is an art

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by nightstalker78

It's your thread dude.Provide links and back up your theory.Don't just tell people to read so they understand.Help them understand.

Bro00, to many ATS "police" have here ..

It's boring to my to have discussion with wall or walls ..

I post one subject you can read your self's rest ..

Microwave and Heat, you all know what microwave can do also when something heating it's automatically expanding etc etc ..

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

ATS police?What are you talking about?People are asking you to expand on your thoughts on YOUR thread.Your op hasn't proven anything.Your thinly veiled insults aren't helping your case either.
edit on 21-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

No time for wall members, I know very well Phage and Chad ..

You do not understand what they doing here on forum, but I know ..

Like I say I already posted ..

Peace and see ya ..

We all know what they are doing as well, showing IDIOTIC theories are exactly that

Whats even harder to believe it's got 12 flags so far

edit on 22-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Dueling bright supernovas in M95 and NGC 4790 kick off new season
Posted on March 21, 2012 by astrobob

60 million years ago a supergiant star exploded in the galaxy NGC 4790 in Virgo. 22 million years later another overgrown and underfed supergiant star ended its life in the galaxy M95. After all that time traveling through space, the light from each explosion arrived within two days of each other in the skies over planet Earth. What a joy to see them both in their final glory.

Supernova 2012 aw has been getting most of the attention lately, because it was discovered in a bright galaxy not far from the planet Mars in Leo. Most supernovae are caught on the rise to maximum light. This one was no exception. 2012 aw was first spotted at 15th magnitude (dim!) by Paolo Fagotti and Alessandro Dimai of the Italian Supernovae Search Project, and independently by Jure Skvarc (Crni Vrh Observatory, Slovenia) on March 16. A day later it rose to 13th magnitude which put it within range of many amateur telescopes. Today March 21, the supernova still hovers at around 13th magnitude, though it’s uncertain if it will brighten further or plateau.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I thought that things like this, when we see such flashes, that we are really observing something that took place long long ago?

And we saw this occur and saw it hit earth...that is where Im confused? How are they connecting this bounce of light or what ever with a particular burst out in space?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well anyways, I did flag the thread for I did not know about this flash or else have forgotten reading about it but I doubt, so strange I dont recall it, so flag for that info there.

And to stand on the fence between the two sides, I do believe that things travel in ways we dont understand and things are connected in ways far beyond we can see.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I only say all is posted, no need to complicate to much ..

Just read and spend some time to fully understand subjects ..

Originally posted by Domo1
You never told us why you think the two events are connected. Just have a feeling or what?

Because I believe EM radiation can cause biggest earthquakes, also very confident ..

Have many examples but is useless if you do not understand basic things of EM radiation what I already post ..

en.wikipedia.org...

The types of electromagnetic radiation are broadly classified into the following classes:
Gamma radiation
X-ray radiation
Ultraviolet radiation
Visible radiation
Infrared radiation
Microwave radiation
Radio waves

en.wikipedia.org...

And one more thing, speed of light is not the end of speed some particles travel faster .. lo0l

All EM radiation particles dont travel with same speed ..

I Dont see one thing in here that connect the two! Am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Dueling bright supernovas in M95 and NGC 4790 kick off new season
Posted on March 21, 2012 by astrobob

60 million years ago a supergiant star exploded in the galaxy NGC 4790 in Virgo. 22 million years later another overgrown and underfed supergiant star ended its life in the galaxy M95. After all that time traveling through space, the light from each explosion arrived within two days of each other in the skies over planet Earth. What a joy to see them both in their final glory.

Supernova 2012 aw has been getting most of the attention lately, because it was discovered in a bright galaxy not far from the planet Mars in Leo. Most supernovae are caught on the rise to maximum light. This one was no exception. 2012 aw was first spotted at 15th magnitude (dim!) by Paolo Fagotti and Alessandro Dimai of the Italian Supernovae Search Project, and independently by Jure Skvarc (Crni Vrh Observatory, Slovenia) on March 16. A day later it rose to 13th magnitude which put it within range of many amateur telescopes. Today March 21, the supernova still hovers at around 13th magnitude, though it’s uncertain if it will brighten further or plateau.

So one star was 38 million light years closer to us than the other one which made their light reach us at the same time they exploded. Big deal.
If you are trying to infer faster than light travel by that example you failed miserably.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The earthquake occurred before the radiation reached Earth?
Aren't you mixing things up a bit?

Are you think you know all or they ??

Maybe is time to learn something new ..

You can learn from this event very much new staff Phage, is not so simple like scientists write ..

To many particles is in concerned and all do not have same fixed speed etc ..

epic thread fail!!
the earthquakes happened the day before the radiation hit earth (traveling at speed of light)
either this needs B/S calling on it or...
you have found something that travels faster than light!!!

but seriously the radiation heating earths mantle thus inducing earthquakes CAN happen
we just need to be closer to the sun for it to work (wouldnt that heat earths mantle anyways???)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
WTF OP,

THE EARTHQUAKE HAPPENED BEFORE THE GAMMA FLASH.

NO CONNECTION.

AT ALL.

EVER.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join