It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound And Rumble In Montello, WI

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Mysterious Sound And Rumble In Montello, WI

www.nbc15.com

Tonight, police in Montello are investigating reports of booming sounds similar to what's been reported in Clintonville this week.

Many of the people making the reports say they hadn't even heard about what was going on in Clintonville until they began researching their own problem.

Patti Lekas said, "No one had an explanation."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Something's Rattleing Small Wisconsin Town
What the Smell? Something Stinky Reported in Fond du Lac
Big EARTHQUAKE Prediction Around The 22 March : Ground Zero will be Wisconsin.. Unexplained Booms
edit on 21-3-2012 by BeavX because: added link to Clintonville story

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
OK, now this is getting really strange....

Shaking, booms, rattles in Clintonville, WI, strange smell in Fond du Lac, WI, and now mysterious sounds in Montello, WI.

This is way too much weirdness for my home state....something is brewing in Wisconsin, and it isn't BEER

Is this all going to add up to the quake predicted in another thread for the area?

www.nbc15.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

I'm also in Wisconsin and this is hitting a little too close to home for comfort.

The only logical explanation I can come up with is to do with the uncanny warm temps we've been having. We don't have any fault lines here that are even worth mentioning.

Or its mass hysteria.

The big question for me is, why is it so localized? I know for a fact there is no fracking anywhere near Clintonville so that can be ruled out.

Very very strange.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

I'm in Illinois and this makes me a little nervous too. Loud sounds, strange smells and rumblings? I'm sure it's nothing. But the weather? OMG...it's freakin nuts! 85 degrees in March? I got a sunburn in March... March!!!

Yes...yes...I know-El Nino.
It just doesn't feel right. Not at all. Something is not right. Something is quite wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by marymaryg4321
reply to post by BeavX

I'm in Illinois and this makes me a little nervous too. Loud sounds, strange smells and rumblings? I'm sure it's nothing. But the weather? OMG...it's freakin nuts! 85 degrees in March? I got a sunburn in March... March!!!

Yes...yes...I know-El Nino.
It just doesn't feel right. Not at all. Something is not right. Something is quite wrong.

I'm in Illinois too - and I'm right with you on the weather. Pretty crazy, huh?

It really doesn't feel right, I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like I'm not. And I know there are plenty of others who don't feel right, and with all of this occurring... it becomes quite a reach to call it a "coincidence."

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

I agree, the warm temps could be playing into these events.

What throws me off on that theory is we have hand a very mild winter,
I'm not even sure that frost line was deep at all this year--eliminating in my mind, land shifting
due to ice melting below the frost line....

Here is an interesting article from 2010 concerning the risk of an earthquake in Wisconsin:

Risk of Earthquake in Wisconsin

Here is a little history on Wisconsin Earthquakes...Oddly...we had quite a shake here in S.E. WI in 1947...

Wisconsin Earthquake History
edit on 21-3-2012 by BeavX because: to clarify my comment

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marymaryg4321

I agree with all....something is very strange......

Perhaps the 2012 theories play into it, but we can't let unusual events like these, occurring in
the span of a few days, go unnoticed.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

I agree. The theory would hold more water if we had a normal to severe winter. If it went from -10 to 80 in two weeks I would on board that theory 100%. You are right tho, it only snowed 2 times here. I want to say the first time was in late January. Not saying snow has anything to do with cold temps but maybe that has something to do with it too. Dry warm winter, then hot March out of the blue.

I have no idea, nobody seems to have any idea. Which is almost more nerve wracking than the booms.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I'm in northern Michigan. Two weeks ago I did my show knee deep in a snow drift; today we set a record high of EIGHTY-SEVEN DEGREES! Something is amiss; or afoot.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

I am central Illinois: My wifes fish pond did not freeze over this year, and her pond plants are thriving. They die off every year and need replaced. I dug a volunteer tomato up last fall after freeze, put it in the window and put it back out a week ago. It is now covered with blooms and nearly 3 feet tall!
Lettuce seed spilled over part of my gardenlast fall and sprouted this winter, and grew. I just let it grow, all winter long, and it is ready to harvest. Then I will till and plant tomatoes.
This weather is wonderful, and not the least bit normal. We are going to have mosquitoes the size of elephants if this keeps up. Fleas and ticks by the trillions; I am stocking up on repellent tomorrow.
I don't know if the warmth has anything to do with the noise up north eluded to in this thread, but It is just one more reason we should all be concerned. Something is amiss, and I suspect that something will not be what we suspect at all. This nice weather is downright frightening. If we begin to boom and crack where I live I doubt there would be any place to run to. Maybe Chicken Little was right after all.....It may not be the sky but something most definitely is wrong.
I am going to follow this thread and comb future news in hopes this noise can somehow be explained.
DH

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You know how in your garden when its hot and dry how the dirt cracks?

Maybe this is whats happening but on a grand scale. Not sure where the noise would be produced in that situation, just letting my mind wander.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't think the "Crazy as hell" weather has anything to do with the goings on in Wisconsin, I only brought it up because the OP brought it up. I mean it could? I have no idea. Who knows?
edit on 21-3-2012 by marymaryg4321 because: (no reason given)

Oops, sorry not OP. Was someone else

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I don't believe the weather is causing the noise either. I believe that there are quite a few anomalies happening worldwide and have been for some time. Whatever is causing one may indeed be having an effect on many other things such as noise, weather, quakes. Man made or not. No one knows. Not even the scientists.
Perhaps we need to look outside the box for unnatural causes? I really don't know
But this is a good thread...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What is the relationship between Acapulco, Mexico, Montcello, WI, Clintonville, WI and the magnetic north pole?

Do these all intersect the same line?

Just watched a news clip from a local WI station. Really pisses me off the way these anchors and reporters tell the story with that slight smile on their face as of to say, "this is a really dumb story and can't believe we're reporting this nonsense."

Reminds me of all those times in a disaster movie where the "officials" laugh at those stupid and overreacting citizens making something out of nothing, when suddenly a major catastrophe occurs. Of course, the ones laughing usually die some horrific death.

Wonder if these noises have any relationship to the other noises reported since last fall. Makes me think the Earth is getting ready to unleash hell.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
What is the relationship between Acapulco, Mexico, Montcello, WI, Clintonville, WI and the magnetic north pole?

Do these all intersect the same line?

Just watched a news clip from a local WI station. Really pisses me off the way these anchors and reporters tell the story with that slight smile on their face as of to say, "this is a really dumb story and can't believe we're reporting this nonsense."

Reminds me of all those times in a disaster movie where the "officials" laugh at those stupid and overreacting citizens making something out of nothing, when suddenly a major catastrophe occurs. Of course, the ones laughing usually die some horrific death.

Wonder if these noises have any relationship to the other noises reported since last fall. Makes me think the Earth is getting ready to unleash hell.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

I know they are in the same timezone anyway.

This is the closest the noises have been to me. Close enough that if they persist I will be taking a drive with my camcorder and digital audio recorder. I have a cabin near Ironwood I should check on anyway, haven't been there in years,

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

My favorite is Independence Day, Randy quaids character was looked at as kook by everyone for saying he was abducted by aliens, and it didn't stop after the aliens showed up. Even before the big climax when he say's he's looking for some payback the Airforce guy rolls his eyes.

Never understood that.

Is it that ingrained people?
edit on 21-3-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i posted about the land boom in wisconsin in the other thread. the frac sand mining does cause explosions and there's no way to know where the frac mines are by just searching the internet. you can narrow it down to some counties but there are no specifics and land is being bought up FAST. new sites are popping up all over. they have to break up the sandstone and when they do i'm sure it would cause the ground to shake and you would hear the blasting too.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I live in Northern Il , right near the WI border , we had an Earthquake this Winter,in the scheme of things just a random place for an EQ. It was a small one but still out of place if you ask me.
articles.chicagotribune.com...

I personally feel , something is pulling extra hard at certain times this year ,something from space.by that I mean something we weren't aware of all this time , something they missed or came into play late in the game. I'm not saying doomsday by any means but maybe it's me that thinks everything we keep hearing about with the Earth is switched on HIGH. Tornadoes , EQ's , extreme weather , strange sounds and all kinds of crazy happenings.
I know we as a society are more aware due to the internet and relentless news coverage but I don't recall things like this happening at this intensity or so many things to add to the mix.

As for the Weather , it seems like something skipped to May not March where it should be , the crocus were blooming earlier than ever , birds returned , critters were out early , people are mowing their lawns , we hit the dang 80's today and it's just past Mid March! I realize some seasons start or end early but this seems extreme to me.
Too much is off , I worry now about tornado season , Hurricane season for others , quakes , etc. If the weather is gearing up for some banner activity this year it's definitely revving up already .
The world changes whether we are here or not ,I just hope this year isn't the year for record breaking everything!
I over-used the word "seems" but not sure what else to use...just observations and comparisons.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Resident of Wisconsin,and I haven't heard a single sound......yet.

I will say this much. The Earth is in constant flux,and I don't believe that this is a "man-made" phenomena . Has their been any scientific study's on these "rumblings" yet?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am a member of this group on Facebook....www.facebook.com...

It's titled "unexplained Crack in Upper Michigan"

It was started when the founder heard a boom then found this massive "crack" in the ground.

personally I feel it's just something pulling extra hard on us causing more EQ's and harsher weather , maybe pulling hard enough top cause cracks in plates that were usually immune to this type of happening when the pull wasn't a factor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join