It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound And Rumble In Montello, WI

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope
reply to post by RomeByFire

I am central Illinois: My wifes fish pond did not freeze over this year, and her pond plants are thriving. They die off every year and need replaced. I dug a volunteer tomato up last fall after freeze, put it in the window and put it back out a week ago. It is now covered with blooms and nearly 3 feet tall!
Lettuce seed spilled over part of my gardenlast fall and sprouted this winter, and grew. I just let it grow, all winter long, and it is ready to harvest. Then I will till and plant tomatoes.
This weather is wonderful, and not the least bit normal. We are going to have mosquitoes the size of elephants if this keeps up. Fleas and ticks by the trillions; I am stocking up on repellent tomorrow.
I don't know if the warmth has anything to do with the noise up north eluded to in this thread, but It is just one more reason we should all be concerned. Something is amiss, and I suspect that something will not be what we suspect at all. This nice weather is downright frightening. If we begin to boom and crack where I live I doubt there would be any place to run to. Maybe Chicken Little was right after all.....It may not be the sky but something most definitely is wrong.
I am going to follow this thread and comb future news in hopes this noise can somehow be explained.
DH

I am from Central Illinois as well, and yes, this weather is (although beautiful) scary. I've never seen it like this before, ever, and I believe that something is suspect as well.

Stay safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have a theory about the booming sounds around the US.

Groundwater overextraction, could be the reason for the sounds, as more water is pumped out of the ground and not replenished fast enough, the rock below is starting to dry out and colapse from the missing water preasure.

In the end the land will start to sink.

water.usgs.gov...

Land subsidence is a gradual settling or sudden sinking of the Earth's surface owing to subsurface movement of earth materials. Subsidence is a global problem and, in the United States, more than 17,000 square miles in 45 States, an area roughly the size of New Hampshire and Vermont combined, have been directly affected by subsidence. The principal causes are aquifer-system compaction, drainage of organic soils, underground mining, hydrocompaction, natural compaction, sinkholes, and thawing permafrost (National Research Council, 1991). Three distinct processes account for most of the water-related subsidence--compaction of aquifer systems, drainage and subsequent oxidation of organic soils, and dissolution and collapse of susceptible rocks.

Long shot, but a realistic one.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe it has something to do with the expanding Earth theory.. maybe we are getting ready to go through a growth spurt. Maybe plates are seperating and magma is flowing up into the voids being created... eventually making it's way to the surface? eh.. just a thought... one of many.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hahahaha.

Ohhh it is toooo delicious.

I saw this story on the main stream media, and immediately thought of the members on ATS who cry "fakkke!!" to evey questionable and curious thread in fragile earth. What will they say now that it is not just some random youtube video in a language few can speak???

Will they be convinced??/

And look at this ..17 flags is it...? HA!

This - to me- only solidified that their is a phsyical (and possibly spiritual) shift going on. The town has hired investigators and they have ruled out in known natural occurence to why this is happening. One local woman in the town said that

"it may be the astronauts" now I'm pretty sure she meant aliens...but you get the point.

thanks OP

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
today.msnbc.msn.com...

In this report, they start playing the x-files music and show a lady saying "Maybe it's the astronauts coming to get us...".

So instead of reporting the reality of it, they throw it under "mysterious goofy" stuff.
A team of engineers are on their way. Never fear

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ujustneverknow

I forgot about that huge crack in the ground....combined with all the other stuff....yikes! I would be nervous if I lived there.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
today.msnbc.msn.com...

In this report, they start playing the x-files music and show a lady saying "Maybe it's the astronauts coming to get us...".

So instead of reporting the reality of it, they throw it under "mysterious goofy" stuff.
A team of engineers are on their way. Never fear

At least they are reporting it. They aren't the engineers and are probably as mystified as anyone.

At least it isn't a touching cute animal finale to a day's news filled with the most unspeakable and gruesome animal and human cruelty not to mention a few wars. This is supposed to lighten things up and make it all better. It doesn't. I don't know how people sleep without trying to change the world for the better first.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artlicious
Maybe it has something to do with the expanding Earth theory.. maybe we are getting ready to go through a growth spurt. Maybe plates are seperating and magma is flowing up into the voids being created... eventually making it's way to the surface? eh.. just a thought... one of many.

I think it might easily be this. The earth may be cracking like an icecube does in a glass when the temperature around the outside suddenly changes. I would expect to see some surface indication if it were something like this happening though. It is really a mystery.

I suppose someone has already guessed "releasing the Kraken."
Maybe this is the big surprise for 2012?
This will be like a baby dinosaur breaking out of it's egg.
Might be time to move to the other side of the planet!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

At least they are reporting it. They aren't the engineers and are probably as mystified as anyone.

This is true.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artlicious

I can't remember the thread, but apparently with this idea, the changing pressures are causing the underground caverns and tunnels etc to act like giant trumpet or pipe organs. It's just the "music" of the earth.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeavX

OK, now this is getting really strange....

Shaking, booms, rattles in Clintonville, WI, strange smell in Fond du Lac, WI, and now mysterious sounds in Montello, WI.

This is way too much weirdness for my home state....something is brewing in Wisconsin, and it isn't BEER

Is this all going to add up to the quake predicted in another thread for the area?

www.nbc15.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Well, it is just satan grumbling about the Walker recall election! ...sounds good anyway!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The granite shifting theory is starting to add up...but still brings no solid answer...Unless the
SHTF, I don't expect one.

No telling what will happen when we had the most mild winter in 80 years plus here in WI, not to mention, we shattered a 140 year old record high yesterday of 84 degrees.

This is the only common thread between Clintonville and Montello, WI is granite.......

grasping for logic.......

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
USGS has confirmed 1.5 mag EQ in Clintonville, WI.

I was just alerted to this, news conference at 6PM....

Here is the link:

USGS has confirmed a 1.5 Mag EQ in Clintonville

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I live in Fond du Lac. I have noticed all this week that the shower water has a higher than normal sulfurish smell when I start it up. I usually blame the new water treatment plant that takes much more water out of lake "Winneseptic", some days, you really don't wanna go near the lake....

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yep, just heard on talk news they had an earthquake. They also mentioned this may be a precursor to a larger earthquake. Any thoughts? Definitely strange for Wisconsin.

Interesting. Now, we know what these sounds may indicate?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
...I'm going up to Montello tomorrow, I've got a cabin around there......
I'm from northern IL as well.
I'll keep everyone updated! any booms, you guys will be the first to know

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

Be safe.

No one knows for sure if this is over or if this is just beginning.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Clintonville is 10 miles north of me... Montello is 50 miles to my southwest. Haven't felt anything yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ujustneverknow
I am a member of this group on Facebook....www.facebook.com...

It's titled "unexplained Crack in Upper Michigan"

It was started when the founder heard a boom then found this massive "crack" in the ground.

personally I feel it's just something pulling extra hard on us causing more EQ's and harsher weather , maybe pulling hard enough top cause cracks in plates that were usually immune to this type of happening when the pull wasn't a factor.

That is freaky.

How far is it from Ironwood?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

thank you, my friend. it's much appreciated.
I wish ATS had an app so I could give you all super quick updates

I see it now...

11:01 nothing...
11:15 still nothing...
11:30 nada
12:30 NOISES!
12:31 oops, thats just a semi passing...
14:30 still nothing...

then again, I could have just jinxed myself into my doom....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join