It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claiming the Ascended Masters for Your Own

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

My enemies too are those same people; but people of every tribe and nation suffer at the hands of evil men.
I wish their hearts changed that we may all live; they wish me dead because I profess Christ. Dewey, I don't condone killing. I condone life, like my cult leader Jesus the Christ of God.

I don't know of anyone who wishes anyone dead for their beliefs.

Personally or philosophically? Does the term extremist jihad mean anything to you? Does killing people in order to go to heaven mean anything to you? Does "this is my land, get off or die" mean anything to you?

You know of people who wish others dead in order to prosper their beliefs. And they use violence to promote and sustain their numbers through tyranny.

I certainly don't and wouldn't want the negativity of such emotions. In fact, I've seen much more evidence to the contrary. Tolerance and freedom tend to be encouraged through-out the faiths. This is not to say that oppression of freedom and choice does not exist in parts of the world - but not all.

I once heard Dr. Ravi Zacharias tell of an encounter he once had in Iran with a Muslim scholar. The scholar boasted of the increase in numbers to the Muslim faith. Dr. Zacharias reply left the scholar speechless. His reply, "Take your feet off the necks of the people and see where their faith rests."

I'm not sure which world you are watching but tolerance of Christians and Jews in Muslim countries? Tolerance of the Bible in a Muslim country? Tolerance of Muslims by Jews? Tolerance of the tptb for anyone who would believe in a higher power than them? Ideologies are mass murdering everywhere.

I don't know where you are from, but if it is the US or UK, then no one wants you dead for what you believe.

Not openly. Praise God we are still one nation under Him. Nevertheless, things are changing and the US and UK only consist of around 380 million out of 7-8 billion worldwide. You're lying to yourself if you don't think there are many more out there who follow an ideology of world domination and getting to heaven through killing their enemies.

Freedom of religion was written into the US constitution. This concept that Christianity is regarded a cult is false. The sheer number of Christians worldwide constitutes it a recognized world religion. There is no persecution, nor is their overt threats of violence being thrown Christian's way.
Tell that to Egypt or anywhere else a Christian would carry a Bible in a Muslim country

I, as a christian or jew, cannot go to the temple mount and pray without being arrested.
Even in America Christians can't get a political vote for sanctity of life. We can't vote as a majority on the definition of marriage without having a judge overrule the will of the people.

Be blind if you want but more persecution is out there than we even know.

The only thing I notice is the propensity of some to have heretical claims that they know the intention and will of Deity better than others. As we all become guilty of in discussions such as these.

What's even worse is when those people have no foundation to stand on when that deity and their beliefs are critiqued and yet those people continue without reason or logic to continue on believing the lies they tell themselves about a God they have created to serve their lusts and desires making God dependent on us at our discretion
It truly is a shame. Praise God for the reality and efficacy Jesus the Christ who is a light in a dark dark world.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The three faiths in question are all religions based on the same God. Three different branches all throwing stones at one another jumping up and down yelling, "Mine, mine."

All major religions will have practitioners within their folds that are extremists. Christianity is no exception. They do not represent the religions as a whole. They are a small fraction of the entirety of the religion.

People are responsible for acts of violence and words of anger. Even if the entire world, believed entirely the same exact thing - people would still argue and fight over their version of understanding against some others.

Somewhere along the lines in our reasoning and logic, we were hardwired to wish more for ourselves, and less for others. In the monotheistic religions, they wish for only their own version of "God" and hope all others be damned. Charming.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

The three faiths in question are all religions based on the same God.

There are people who say that, but I would disagree.
You could also say YHWH and Baal are essentially the same god because they have the same general attributes, but they are differentiated by their acts, where YHWH brought the Israelites out of Egypt, and Baal did not.
Under the surface of the Old Testament, there is this concept of a Angel of the Lord, where all along God was in Heaven, while angels were on the ground acting on His behalf.
This concept is further brought out by Jesus and his actions on behalf of his God, in the New Testament.
Mohammad basically becomes the Angel of the Lord himself according to the Muslim religion, leading the current "people of God" onward into their new kingdom.
So you have three separate kingdoms under three separate kings, so though the three Gods of those kings share similar attributes, they are differentiated by their activities.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The differences are an illusion in my opinion. The Abraham religions all have root sources, regardless of the branch. Of course the religions have adapted and changed with their respective society. However, how does this change the ultimate essence of God? Regardless of what one believes or adheres to? We are all flawed in our perception of that which cannot be correctly perceived. There can only be one correct truth in the end - to suppose any single one of us has it right - is deluding oneself.

Is it so outside the realm of possibility to suppose that whatever God is, it certainly has the ability to influence humanity differently - as it might please? What lessons one culture might be on a path to learn might be entirely different to another. Who are we to argue with the diversity of life? Obviously, there is a plan for the billions who don't believe in one of the book versions of monotheistic religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Obviously, there is a plan for the billions who don't believe in one of the book versions of monotheistic religion.
I'm not commenting on your basic thesis which may be valid, but was focusing in on a maybe minor technicality.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Honestly, Christians have this idea that faith alone is good enough. However, Christianity is more than just someone paying lip service or having faith. It is a lifestyle. One that very few meet.

A REAL Christian is supposed to live as Christ. Honestly, I don't see many doing that.
edit on 15-4-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join