It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claiming the Ascended Masters for Your Own

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

His saving grace comes in the form of words... Not through his sacrifice in my humble opinion...

I used to think that I understood salvation. Now I just ask "from what exactly?"

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And then many followers left him. (John 6:66). Can you remember what he said to you? Were they few words or many? The author of Gospel of John wrote many words. Is that because some are appropriate for some people, and others are appropriate for other people? That would be my guess.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon

His saving grace comes in the form of words... Not through his sacrifice in my humble opinion...

I used to think that I understood salvation. Now I just ask "from what exactly?"

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

And then many followers left him. (John 6:66). Can you remember what he said to you? Were they few words or many? The author of Gospel of John wrote many words. Is that because some are appropriate for some people, and others are appropriate for other people? That would be my guess.

I would also say that actually... there is much the author narrated within the book... and also much that are supposedly Jesus' words...

IF the reader sticks to his words you get a different picture then you do if you accept the entire book as "Gods word"...

So i believe some words are meant for the churches... and some are meant for everyone...

edit on 8-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

I think that is the problem with Judaism and why the theism's can not be united into its true from as mono (one voice) Gematria seem to be searching for this medium thru numerology and I am not even sure if Islam has a medium? they are trained from the onset not to explore.

Jesus points up to the Heavens with that burning flame in his heart which has a crown of thorns hurting it.

the Bible is not only a book to live by, it is a civilization building guide here on earth and possibly in the deep cold and foreboding darkness of space.

Jesus is the only way... (for humanity or the individual) all the other methods seem to make gods of Wealth here on earth and I can easily see why some may not like that idea.

...woof woof!

edit on 8-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

Numerology exists in all religious through it's symbols. Take the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ, that was prophesied from the catholic mystic Saint Margaret Mary. She lived in the 1600's and her pagan like feast day is on October 16.

In one of her vision of when she communicated with Jesus Christ himself, he gave 12 promises of the Sacred Heart. It's very beautiful. The number 12 is symbolically important because it represents the calender, months, season's quarters. These are things to know and understand at it's most basic principals, so that should we have to start over again, anew from scratch - we have the correct mystic knowledge in place to once again lead us toward the science of mathematics, observation, medicine, and the will and desire to strive to create and understand these tools that have brought civilization up out of previous dark ages. All religions and mythologies are a guidebook towards rebuilding civilization. This is not a new concept, this is ancient, and does not only apply to the bible.

I don't know much about Judaism except from a mystic standpoint. I've read excerpts of the Kabbalah and different Grimoires - but I am more familiar with Catholic and Christian teachings and Gnosticism and mysticism regarding those faiths. The same is true of Islam, I don't know much of their cultural spiritual teachings as my heritage is anglo-saxon. I believe their mediator is the prophet Muhammad which leads them from the base of the Old Testament teachings to the Koran. Sort of like the OT to the NT. The OT to the Torah. The OT to the Koran. The separation is an illusion. You all are saying the same things, find yourself all rooted together - but insisting upon you own cultural version as the ONE truth for everyone. It's a childish tug of war fight that is unnecessary.

I believe that the scope of God's creation is infinite, as with the creativity of our mind. Limitless. As above, so below - microcosm/macrocosm - in God's image and all that jazz. However, not all that is created by us is Good. It's not always truth, sometimes, it really just is a story or fantasy- meant to impress upon us what is important, moral, and good - or what is evil, detested, immoral and bad. Knowing the difference between the two and acting good is what moves us up on the spiritual ladder, no matter our faith. Christ is a way to God, I believe this - but so is all the other ladders like the one Ezekiel spied in his dream vision.

It's up to you to act accordingly as set before you by the choice of whatever faith you follow. Just because they are not Christian does not mean they don't also have this choice. I believe all good and righteous people, who have learned though-out their life, and contributed to others in a loving matter - will be attended to in the afterlife fairly and with understanding and sympathy of whatever conditions influenced their life on earth. It just makes logical sense to me. (shrugs)

edit on 9-4-2012 by CirqueDeTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

truth is in love not numbers.

The truth is, that when a mother hired me to tutor her son in Algebra, she did that out of love. When her son, who had previously been written off by his teacher as destined to fail, actually passed with a C, which is still considered passing for High School, there was joy and celebration all around.

You seem to confuse Math with quest for godhood. I assure you that I did not achieve godhood or rulership over the World through Math. I merely helped people with it. It is a tool. You use tools. What if you sacrificed some of your tool box in order to achieve greater understanding? Would that help you or hinder you?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I just think Gematria is searching for God here on earth by using this said math to try to find God. In essence keeping God on earth and turning a blind eyes to others beliefs. Judaism's search for God would have one think for an instance that they do not believe in God, almost atheistic but with a twist. This can be evidenced out when you hear one of them say "we are God chosen people" which turns a blind eye to everyone else on the planet and is not cool. Israel was founded in 1947 but who has advanced their understand of God furthest since then?

apparently everyone at these churches around me is living the word and not still searching for it, for somehow not knowing nothing but living is closer to godliness... and then of course Kennedy making that speech. In my world (on the level I was raised) the only Gods on earth are of Gods of Thunder, and they probably have no need for or understanding of this math. The problem is when you introduce the riches to them... it always begins their down fall and the music changes and also there is a separation from their peers when this happens (as proven with the band Metallic surely) they are no longer down here with us in a sense and they start thinking they are better than their peers because they have more of this stuff the invention of math has given them.

Math is a dividing line... for me it does not come natural of course and I was never trained in it well enough. I rejected the system to the hilt when I was in school to the point of being thrown on probation for truancy (skipping class) and alot of my friends were this way too... most all the great metal bands were and are this way, they are only interested in living in the garden and having fun... someone else makes them conform to an alternate system which is actually not supposed to be teaching knowledge but of a certain type.

Sadly they can't teach us how to live and love because there is a whole outside world out there beyond the United States but otherwise we wouldn't even know of it if someone didn't try to force us into it...

I did not conform but I find the word more appealing, creativity and language are supposed to come more naturally for lefties in which no one is buring at the stake anymore just because of their predisposition. I can't believe my teachers tried to convert me with a ruler crack to the knuckles when I was in grade school! (who has done this to me?) and made me try to conform to a system which we lefties do not understand... I would love to see how well Obama does on a math test! probably very poorly...

the fact is man I am still pissed at a system which was spawned by those guys over there and before Christianity which gave rise to the discrimination of left handed people all thru history until just recently (as I have shown and they do not try to convert you any longer it's illegal dicipline any of us in school now)

see lefties do not want to know anything of the other sides world... we just wanna frolic thru the garden not caring and never understanding the other system... we are forced into it. But just like America... we are no longer! Natural lefties are not the devils hand but I would argue the opposite from my point of view... I never wanted or needed to know anything of this world math has created for us... but I exist and lefties are on the rise.

Most of the lefties in history are like artists and stuff, luckily surviving to that point in a Catholic world of persecution if you dared to ask questions about the establishment. Since the advent of that torah and thru all that history we have just begun to stop trying to train them your system of math and now they are to be encouraged to find them true selves, there are whole websites now dealing with how to raise a lefty in a right handed world... In my lifetime I caught the tail end of this persecution! which is totally unbelievable... and something they do not do anymore here.

what are the roots of this persecution of the opposite hand? and I am sure it came before the Catholic church took the meaning literally... America is a whole new way to me for stopping this and they used science of a different type to do this, psychology and not math based like physics.

Good to do man... I am glad to hear you helped someone with this strange and great math dilemma we are having on planet earth... lefties only seem to want the good stuff though as a few of my reject friends are left handed

was your student devil handed?

edit on 9-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

1 Corinthians 12:3 "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost."

1 John 4:2 "Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:"
The first verse is not about people, but spirits, and is Paul explaining to the Corinthians that there are spirits out there that people are channeling, in different ways, as mediums or oracles, and that these should not be believed in because they are the wrong sort, and that would be made obvious if they are speaking against Jesus. This is not a manual on how to go around judging people. It is a warning about who to not go to to have your fortune told, which was a very normal sort of thing people did, like people now reading their horoscope in the paper every day. (of course now they probably do it on-line)

The second verse is another one that people take to judge people with, which is like the first, about spirits which come to you in some manner. Some people seem to use it in an opposite way, to use it as a way to claim some special status for themselves, since they do say the name, Jesus in an affirmative manner.
edit on 6-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

If we judge according to the mind, will, and Word of God then it is no longer we that judge but God Himself whereby we are judged of no man. I do agree that the above scripture is a warning about which spirit one allows to run one's life, the spirit whereby one lives and defines oneself but to we are encouraged to test the spirits to see which are and are not of God, those spirits being emotional spirits that often blind us to rationality or lead us in light like love, joy, self-control as opposed to jealousy, greed, and self-reliance all of which are spirits. *There's more to "spirit" than ghosts and witchcraft

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I'll have to break this down in separate paragraphs. I'm slow at some things.

I just think Gematria is searching for God here on earth by using this said math to try to find God. In essence keeping God on earth and turning a blind eyes to others beliefs. Judaism's search for God would have one think for an instance that they do not believe in God, almost atheistic but with a twist. This can be evidenced out when you hear one of them say "we are God chosen people" which turns a blind eye to everyone else on the planet and is not cool. Israel was founded in 1947 but who has advanced their understand of God furthest since then?

I've seen examples of people using Gematria, here on this forum. My assessment as to why they do it traces back to something I quoted from the Talmud earlier:

Epikoros (or Apikoros or Apikores or Epicurus; Hebrew: אפיקורוס, lit. "Heretic", pl. Epicorsim ) is a Jewish term cited in the Mishnah, referring to one who does not have a share in the world to come:

"All Israel have a share in the world to come as states: Your people are all righteous, they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, wherein I glory. And these are the ones who do not have a portion in the world to come: He who maintains that there is no resurrection of the dead derived from the Torah, and [He who maintains] that the Torah was not divinely revealed, and an Epikoros"
—Mishnah, Seder Nezikin, tractate Sanhedrin, 90a
Epikoros_(Judaism)

The basic premise of Talmud is that resurrection is granted by the Torah. The Torah is a book. People can read the book. Many people, including possibly Jesus, and definitely the apostle Paul, realized that "no, actually Torah brings death."

So in an attempt to keep people glued to the Torah a teaching was devised, Gematria, which promised some hidden secret meaning can be fabricated by which resurrection can still be achieved through mathematical calculation. They say, "The story is nothing, it's the order of the letters that the g.d inspired and can bring resurrection and life." I doubt that completely.

The idea for Israel formulated in the 1880s by primarily atheist European Jews who rejected assimilation into culture after Jewish Emancipation became the law in several countries. You may compare it to the current New Black Panthers

Therefore, our demand is an immediate, non-negotiable demand for Power, Human Rights, Freedom, Justice, Equality and Self Determination for Black Peoples. Our demand is for a Nation and world of our own, with Africa as our Free and Independent motherland. All of the above must be achieved by any means necessary.
MISSION STATEMENT for Day of Action APRIL 23, 2011

I was quite astounded when I read this. If you substitute Jewish People for Black People and Jewish State in Palestine for Africa as our Free and Independent motherland you have the exact same statements made by radical Zionists.

The question then arises, "How do you get intelligent skeptical Jews to back this?" Answer: show them the Talmud statement I quoted. How do you get intelligent religious Jews(the ones who have read the Torah and didn't find life in it) to back it? Answer: get them hooked on the mysticism and mystery of Gematria.

How do you get Fundy Christians to back it? Quote them a couple of verses. How do you get intelligent mainstream Christians to back it? Through Jewish-Christian Relations groups like this one:

What is the relationship between "the people" and "the land"? What is the relation between the chosen people and the territory comprising the present State of Israel? There is no Christian consensus on these questions. Genesis explicitly affirms a connection between the people and the land (Gen. 15:18), and even within the New Testament certain passages imply such a connection. Therefore, Christians who see Israel as something more than a political state are not wrongly theologizing politics by understanding the existence of the Jewish state in theological terms. They are merely recognizing that modern Israel is the homeland of a people whose political identity is sustained by the faith that God has blessed them with a covenant. There is reason for Christians to rejoice that the Jewish people are no longer require to live in enforced dispersion among the nations, separated from the land of the promise.
Statement to Our Fellow Christians: Issued by the Study Group on Christian-Jewish Relations

edit on 9-4-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I am not slow to judge... I live in a real-time bi-polar world that is tendered with the truth that I only get from one person (Jesus) the only one you can trust. being a lefty and being forced to use the other hemisphere has created something unique, and that is what the old establishment was possibly trying to deny or control?

one who does not conform but is tendered and humbled by Jesus...

the left hemisphere is very linear, seeing time as not relative but from point A to B, which in turn is very trainable and controllable... even to a lie of a system if someone tells them it is right.

No matter even if I was commanded by a military leader and I was in the armed services I would tender the justice and truth of Jesus before I would ever pull.

I don't believe in all that bi-polar drugs they give to dull other people and train them to a certain system, but I do believe bi-polar exists

I like that word 'realtime' it would take a right handed person to deem struggling to use both hemispheres a disorder.

...the left and right go way back in time

we don't do that anymore here in America either, they encourage it now... that left and right thing comes from the Torah and before Christianity. (Judaism)

I have both of my hands pointing up to the Heavens

edit on 9-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Sinister comes from the Latin word for Left. Although I am right-handed, I have had a person with many degrees on his wall write down on a piece of paper that I was bi-polar. Another person with degrees suggested that I get a prescription, which I declined.

I had to quit driving about 5 years ago. It used to be that if I was driving and talking to a passenger, I would suddenly become aware that I had no idea where we were or how we'd gotten there. Once it started happening just because I was thinking I hung up the car keys.

As you have observed, a large percentage of artists, poets, and musicians are lefties.

The fear of left can be traced back to Hebrew and even older Semitic languages. It is a fear of judgment and disaster.

The left hand symbolized the power to shame society, and was used as a metaphor for misfortune, natural evil, or punishment from the gods. This metaphor survived ancient culture and was integrated into mainstream Christianity by early Catholic theologians, such as Ambrose of Milan,[11] to modern Protestant theologians, such as Karl Barth,[12] to attribute natural evil to God in explaining God's omnipotence over the universe.
wikipedia

You can actually see it used in the piece of writing known as the Book of Luke, in the story of Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, in the temple. "An angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense." Luke 1:11. That was considered a good omen.

The left-handed path (not accepting the status quo, but rather bucking the system) I mentioned in a previous post is symbolized to me in that every time a visitor appeared to me, he or she was always to the left, which meant they also would have to look left to see me.

one who does not conform but is tendered and humbled by Jesus...

It is my opinion that if Jesus is your personal god who you follow, then good. You and Akragon may have much in common, if your Jesus and his Jesus know one another. (the reason I say that, is that much of what is taken as biography of Jesus, was filled in later.)

was your student devil handed?

I think he was. So, with my help, he didn't have to take a math class again in order to pass High School.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

If we judge according to the mind, will, and Word of God then it is no longer we that judge but God Himself whereby we are judged of no man.
So are you saying you speak for God, and can place curses on people? You would fit right in with the which trials as a juror condemning people to the stake.

I do agree that the above scripture is a warning about which spirit one allows to run one's life, the spirit whereby one lives and defines oneself but to we are encouraged to test the spirits to see which are and are not of God, those spirits being emotional spirits that often blind us to rationality or lead us in light like love, joy, self-control as opposed to jealousy, greed, and self-reliance all of which are spirits. *There's more to "spirit" than ghosts and witchcraft
Some people have this idea that scripture exists in order to mine it and to put pieces of them together in a reformulated way, to "prove" preconceived ideas, believing the original intent of the writer is irrelevant. I tend to be adverse to that methodology and find it rather offensive and it causes me to wonder what sort of spirit is really in operation in the practitioners of such arts.
I prefer to stick with what concepts the Apostle had in mind, trusting that he had a purpose in their meanings that grew out of a profound relationship with Jesus which was quite extraordinary.
edit on 10-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

say that's excellent, there is something to this left/right thing I always find interesting... I am pretty ambidextrous as we all are a bit now and I am not sure what the practice is in other religions and in Christianity the world over, research is in order.

You know I guess I am just still kinda angry... that ruler hurt! and the practice had to come from somewhere, it probably only ended here around the 90's and I live in the metropolitan area of the district. I just get a bit sensitive when I see someone pick up that ruler and I can see the metaphorical ruler in a persons tone. My left dominates but we all use both hands seemingly with no balance because probably only a true ambi person could write with both hands... and we should have a lot more popping up in this dexterous nation as time goes on. Everything is the public school system and basically the outside world is tailored to the right (masculine) and in the physical environment too, I always notice that door which are in few houses that open the opposite way to avoid a structure or a wall, but you rarely see them... that is one of the main things that got me thinking about it and James Burke i'm sure mentions this (about our environment) in either 'connections 1' or 'the Day the Universe Changed' and I been on about it since. I would have to look that back up but I have the series stored away at the moment.

we gotta lotta rulers out there man... I see it everywhere in peoples tone, (the dominating factor) the left hemisphere just wants have fun and explore nature (creativity) while the right hemisphere wants to try to make sense of it (logic) but seemingly still no fusion of the two as of yet reflected in alot of things like which hand we write with or hold the fork with. Undoubtedly we live in a right-angle world... but what's the matter with calling it a left-angle world? same thing ya know

I would hope Jesus of the holy bible has the same in common as the other people see in his words. There is not too much confusion here about that. I'm sorry you had to put up the key bro there is nothing wrong with that.

back in the day it was evident too that lefties were artistic, this can be seen all over, Australia, France, America, ect... Lefties seemed to display proudly which hand they used to do the art on the walls... other places there is art drawings and cave paintings, but when they display the hand and from what I have seen 8 out of 10 times it is the Left Hand.

thanks for your info, I am still very interested in where this division comes from because we obviously had it before the advents of language and writing.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

The left hand symbolized the power to shame society, and was used as a metaphor for misfortune, natural evil, or punishment from the gods. This metaphor survived ancient culture and was integrated into mainstream Christianity by early Catholic theologians, such as Ambrose of Milan,[11] to modern Protestant theologians, such as Karl Barth,[12] to attribute natural evil to God in explaining God's omnipotence over the universe.
wikipedia

You can actually see it used in the piece of writing known as the Book of Luke, in the story of Zechariah, father of John the Baptist, in the temple. "An angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing on the right side of the altar of incense." Luke 1:11. That was considered a good omen.

just like hands cave which goes way back... I guess it could all depend on where one was standing or how one was looking at it.

In hands cave it could either be looked at like they are waving to the world or touching the rock, which I believe to be the latter.

there should no left or right by the time we get to the early texts but it is there evidently... the corpus callosum is a mysterious thing, there is also a jelly type of membrane separating the two hemispheres upstairs for us.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

If we judge according to the mind, will, and Word of God then it is no longer we that judge but God Himself whereby we are judged of no man.
So are you saying you speak for God, and can place curses on people? You would fit right in with the which trials as a juror condemning people to the stake.

no Dewey, God speaks for Himself through His word. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. You tell me what others think and what your opinions are and I give you scripture then you get emotional. By the way, Puritans weren't the only "Christians" around back then but I guess since some slave owners beat their slaves then all slave owners beat their slaves and since they were all white then all white people are guilty of owning slaves and beating them, right? wrong. Come on, Dewey.

I do agree that the above scripture is a warning about which spirit one allows to run one's life, the spirit whereby one lives and defines oneself but to we are encouraged to test the spirits to see which are and are not of God, those spirits being emotional spirits that often blind us to rationality or lead us in light like love, joy, self-control as opposed to jealousy, greed, and self-reliance all of which are spirits. *There's more to "spirit" than ghosts and witchcraft
Some people have this idea that scripture exists in order to mine it and to put pieces of them together in a reformulated way, to "prove" preconceived ideas, believing the original intent of the writer is irrelevant. I tend to be adverse to that methodology and find it rather offensive and it causes me to wonder what sort of spirit is really in operation in the practitioners of such arts.
I prefer to stick with what concepts the Apostle had in mind, trusting that he had a purpose in their meanings that grew out of a profound relationship with Jesus which was quite extraordinary.
edit on 10-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Judge yourself
but listen, I don't disagree. I think it is a shame when people take preconceived notions and generalities by those outside scripture to be truth over that of scripture in all its fullness. Regardless of any other beliefs or doctrines though, what really matters is our relationship with Christ in faith, hope, and love unto the Father.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

what really matters is our relationship with Christ in faith, hope, and love unto the Father.

I don't see that as being supported by the Bible.
We have a responsibility to other people. If you are not accepting that responsibility, then you are only deluding yourself into thinking you have a relationship with God.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what really matters is our relationship with Christ in faith, hope, and love unto the Father.

I don't see that as being supported by the Bible. We have a responsibility to other people. If you are not accepting that responsibility, then you are only deluding yourself into thinking you have a relationship with God.

Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, by which we must be saved."

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me."

Matthew 7:23 "...depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

As we can see, a relationship with Christ is very important. And what does a relationship with him mean?

Matthew 22:37-40 "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. In these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

John 14:15-17 "If you love me keep my commandments."

1 John 2:4 "He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

Our responsibility to God in Christ is to love not only in word but in deed and in truth.
So yes, we do have a responsibility to our neighbor and to deny that love would be to deny God's will for us. To deny Christ is also to deny God's will for us.

1 John 2:23 "Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also."

Luke 10:16 "...he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me."

Good works are a product of our faith and by that faith we are saved through God's grace.

edit on 10-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So yes, we do have a responsibility to our neighbor and to deny that love would be to deny God's will for us.
Even the Pharisees who were opposed to Jesus acknowledged that.
The problem is in how you define neighbor.
If you say the Jew only is your neighbor, and not the Palestinian, then you have taken the position opposing Jesus.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So yes, we do have a responsibility to our neighbor and to deny that love would be to deny God's will for us.
Even the Pharisees who were opposed to Jesus acknowledged that.
The problem is in how you define neighbor.
If you say the Jew only is your neighbor, and not the Palestinian, then you have taken the position opposing Jesus.

I don't consider the Jew only as my neighbor because as I stated before, there is no more such a thing spiritually speaking.

Do you consider Jews as your enemy, Dewey?

edit on 11-4-2012 by HeFrippedMeOff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

My "enemy" is the evil spirit inside people that makes it ok in their minds that Israelis kill Palestinians because, 'after all, isn't Israel God's chosen people?'

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

My "enemy" is the evil spirit inside people that makes it ok in their minds that Israelis kill Palestinians because, 'after all, isn't Israel God's chosen people?'

God reserved a people for himself in times past to carry on his name in this Godless world. Through those people He birthed a savior, the light of the world, who had His Spirit and kept it without sin for the salvation and redemption of ALL. Read John 3:16.

Don't lose yourself in OT Dewey. Do you never wonder why Jesus called the pharisees and sadducees the "synagogue of satan?" Or why God professed after a certain time He would no more pass over Israel? Or why in the end times Israel is laid to waste, God reserving only 12,000 out of each tribe for himself?

Through Jesus Christ we ALL are made into the son's of God by His Holy Spirit.

My enemies too are those same people; but people of every tribe and nation suffer at the hands of evil men.
I wish their hearts changed that we may all live; they wish me dead because I profess Christ. Dewey, I don't condone killing. I condone life, like my cult leader Jesus the Christ of God.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeFrippedMeOff

My enemies too are those same people; but people of every tribe and nation suffer at the hands of evil men.
I wish their hearts changed that we may all live; they wish me dead because I profess Christ. Dewey, I don't condone killing. I condone life, like my cult leader Jesus the Christ of God.

I don't know of anyone who wishes anyone dead for their beliefs. I certainly don't and wouldn't want the negativity of such emotions. In fact, I've seen much more evidence to the contrary. Tolerance and freedom tend to be encouraged through-out the faiths. This is not to say that oppression of freedom and choice does not exist in parts of the world - but not all. I don't know where you are from, but if it is the US or UK, then no one wants you dead for what you believe. Freedom of religion was written into the US constitution. This concept that Christianity is regarded a cult is false. The sheer number of Christians worldwide constitutes it a recognized world religion. There is no persecution, nor is their overt threats of violence being thrown Christian's way.

The only thing I notice is the propensity of some to have heretical claims that they know the intention and will of Deity better than others. As we all become guilty of in discussions such as these.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join