It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claiming the Ascended Masters for Your Own

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Hey there. Thanks for the links.
Did you get your book --

(The Evolution of God, by Robert Wright) [

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Personally, I don't consider ascended masters true 'masters'...true masters are DESCENDED masters..

I agree with you in the first part...."true masters are DESCENDED masters"...beautifully stated. The Son of Man Jesus was a DESCENDED master..(imo)

..humbly and invisibly serving their brother man not for the sake of being recognized or even aware of self as a 'master

.(although he wasn't exactly invisibly doing his thing...I'm sure not all the descended make a spectacle of themselves, overturning market tables and such.)

There is a difference between the ascended (e.g. Elijah/John the Baptist...) and the descended. The ascended masters (imo) have made the choice in favor of 'returning to help after I've mastered it! (perfected soul after lifetimes of work on Earth)'.

These, I think, are the supremely elevated souls who chose an option (if not a final 'lifetime')...
for example, Ghandi, Buddha, Confucius, Krishna,....?

Or, were they 'descended' masters, and actually the same one?

My tentative theory at present regarding Jesus Christ v the above mentioned 'masters':

....this visit to Israel ~2000 yrs ago (to straighten things out among Isreal's scattered tribes and to point out the problems with organized religion) was neither his first nor his last...this Perfect Spiritual Entity (in my thinking at the moment) is the perfected soul AGAIN descended.

Maybe? Or not.
I don't know.
Perhaps it's repeated visits by The One, or...he's the only 'prototype' and the others are 'finished products'?
Interesting stuff.

.' They serve out of love....these are Bodhi's..

Yet again....Agreed there.

Obviously I'm not of a made-up mind yet. I believe they are around us all the time....we simply need to be paying attention.
When the student is ready, the teacher will come.

Big job, but somebody's doin' it!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Listen to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 saying, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "

I understand you don't believe in Jesus or in the Divine reality

You misunderstand me entirely. I believe in both.

I've studied long and hard to come to those beliefs, through decades of searching. It might change later, but for now, it is absolute.

You know nothing, not one thing, about my life, and you have no business telling me what I do or don't believe, let alone judging it, or presuming to understand it.

The answer lies within you, same as it does me. No handbook required. Have a look.
edit on 3-4-2012 by wildtimes because: yeah, not 'trying' to understand ....'presuming' you understand. Hint: you don't

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hey there. Thanks for the links.
Did you get your book --

Yes, thank you again for recommending it. Here's a quote to show how far I've gotten:

The general principle here is that the link between the divine and the mundane works both ways. People who believe that the divine controls the earthly will sometimes be compelled, by changes at the earthly level, to revise their ideas about what’s going on at the divine level. It’s a kind of law of unintended symmetry, and, as we’ll see in the next chapter, this law has greatly influenced the evolution of gods since the age of chiefdoms.

Wright, Robert (2009-05-20). The Evolution of God (Kindle Locations 1110-1113). Hachette Book Group. Kindle Edition.

That's 11% or 1113 out of 10,861. Still in the Chiefdoms chapter.

I've got another Kindle Book,

In Israel during the Judges period, however, Baal was probably no more a threat than El. Later tradition did not view the figure of Baal in these terms; indeed, later sources treat Baal as a threat to Yahwism from the era of the Judges down to the period of the monarchy. While this historical witness to Baal in Israelite circles is probably correct, the polemical cast of the witness is not. Baal was probably not the threat in the Judges period or the tenth century that later tradents considered him. It was the traumatic events of the ninth century and afterwards that shaped the perspective of the tradents.

Smith, Mark S. (2010-04-12). The Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel (Biblical Resource Series) (Kindle Locations 1169-1173). Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. Kindle Edition.

That's a more scholarly treatment of the gods. It is one source mentioned by Gerald R. McDermott in his paper. I'll actually probably have to start re-reading Smith's book from the beginning. I've sort of lost the train of thought.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I will look into it, thanks!

I suggest also, The Varieties of Religious Experience: A Study in Human Nature by William James (free to read online), a series of lectures on the psychology and sociology of religion as a phenomenon of the mind. Let me know if you'd like a link (I've posted it prior but can do so again.)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

.(although he wasn't exactly invisibly doing his thing...I'm sure not all the descended make a spectacle of themselves, overturning market tables and such.)

No doubt!
I think maybe he tried to stay under the radar but it is kind of hard when you raise people from the dead and cast out unruly spirits, feed the hungry and heal the lame, etc.
You can't hide a shining light, for sure.

There is a difference between the ascended (e.g. Elijah/John the Baptist...) and the descended. The ascended masters (imo) have made the choice in favor of 'returning to help after I've mastered it! (perfected soul after lifetimes of work on Earth)'.

These, I think, are the supremely elevated souls who chose an option (if not a final 'lifetime')...
for example, Ghandi, Buddha, Confucius, Krishna,....?

Or, were they 'descended' masters, and actually the same one?

My tentative theory at present regarding Jesus Christ v the above mentioned 'masters':

....this visit to Israel ~2000 yrs ago (to straighten things out among Isreal's scattered tribes and to point out the problems with organized religion) was neither his first nor his last...this Perfect Spiritual Entity (in my thinking at the moment) is the perfected soul AGAIN descended.

Maybe? Or not.
I don't know.
Perhaps it's repeated visits by The One, or...he's the only 'prototype' and the others are 'finished products'?
Interesting stuff.

I've thought on those same lines way more than once...I'm open to the possibilities as well as the truth...both that of other individuals and that of the ALL...the former of which the latter is comprised, imo.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

According to the op's initial rhetoric I would disagree that this a thread for interfaith dialogue but rather a misunderstood rant about Christ.

As far as the information you've presented goes, I don't disagree and to answer your final question I would say that the only god that is left to acknowledge the One true and living God and Christ is the god complex inside convincing each of us we are god in spite of the God.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Listen to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23 saying, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. "

I understand you don't believe in Jesus or in the Divine reality

You misunderstand me entirely. I believe in both.

I've studied long and hard to come to those beliefs, through decades of searching. It might change later, but for now, it is absolute.

You know nothing, not one thing, about my life, and you have no business telling me what I do or don't believe, let alone judging it, or presuming to understand it.

The answer lies within you, same as it does me. No handbook required. Have a look.
edit on 3-4-2012 by wildtimes because: yeah, not 'trying' to understand ....'presuming' you understand. Hint: you don't

I agree, for we as the body of Christ throughout the ages first relied not upon a handbook but upon faith, hope, and love in Jesus Christ but help me to understand if by your own words I have misjudged the vanity of your philosophies. Do you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Do you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead?

Heh.

Interesting attempt to corner me.
Not biting, thanks.

The Divinity knows what I believe, and that's all the permission I need. I am not humbled or shushed by another mortal who is struggling through the same wilderness as I.

I have no doubt about my beliefs....except that they are fluid, adapting as I go along, and very much that "Lord" Jesus was delivering a very, very important message. I prefer to listen to his message, and not all the after-thought dogma and rhetoric that has developed since.

Nice try.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

According to the op's initial rhetoric I would disagree that this a thread for interfaith dialogue but rather a misunderstood rant about Christ.

After re-reading the OP, I realize the error of my ways. My post was way off-topic.

Sorry everybody! I've corrupted myself by getting in a mind-set of religion as power politics and partisanship.

The OP is a set of rhetorical questions interspersed with statements of personal beliefs, practices, and opinions, chief of which is that no organization or book owns exclusive rights to anybody considered as a master.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I suggest also, The Varieties of Religious Experience: A Study in Human Nature by William James (free to read online), a series of lectures on the psychology and sociology of religion as a phenomenon of the mind.

Thanks! I just got the free kindle version. I can't believe I've never read it before. I can sort of remember thinking about the subjects back in the late 80s. Maybe I read a synopsis or something. Here's a quote from wikipedia that touches on this thread:

Religious genius (experience) should be the primary topic in the study of religion, rather than religious institutions—since institutions are merely the social descendant of genius.
William James, Philosophy of Religion

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Here's a quote from wikipedia that touches on this thread:

Religious genius (experience) should be the primary topic in the study of religion, rather than religious institutions—since institutions are merely the social descendant of genius.
William James, Philosophy of Religion

Beauty!! Yes, I think you'll enjoy it a great deal. Makes one think....
just like Robt Wright's Evolution...
Woo hoo! A reading club!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Jesus will never fail us... The Catholic church did not build us a Utopia they built us another caste system where the Lords of the Manor got to pillage thru the villages and take out women for their own, even on their wedding night.

one small atrocity when you listen to the pope and submit yourself unto a mortal man...

Jesus is my personal God, nothing will ever change that... I don't care what the rest of ya's think! and he is not talking to anyone on earth. When he comes he is going to destroy this corrupt place.

edit on 4-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

and he is not talking to anyone on earth.

What? How would you know?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

When he comes he is going to destroy this corrupt place.

Rather depressing thought.
Why would you think being destroyed would be a good thing?
Wouldn't it be better if people decided to make the world better?
If you think you are good enough to avoid somehow this destruction, don't you think it is possible that there is a whole bunch of other people besides yourself who are equally good?
If you were to agree to that, don't you think that instead of killing all them, you should join with them in a campaign for good? As in doing good things to maybe prevent a destruction.
And what in the world would cause you to think that there is this inevitable destruction?
Would you feel disappointed if the world was not destroyed?
Sadly, I believe the world has been deceived into thinking the world will be destroyed, by criminals who support this teaching to make people not care about the world, and the people who do, who want to own the world, can just take it without so much as an outcry from the masses who are in a virtual dream-state waiting for God to appear over the horizon.
edit on 4-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I prefer to listen to his message, and not all the after-thought dogma and rhetoric that has developed since.
What he was doing was one of those abominable practices that the brainwashed cultist do which is to use a weaponized version of the Bible to basically put a curse on you.

Anyone who puts a curse on another is certainly not Christian, but more like a pagan–that’s the word Jesus uses for a person who does what you did (see Matt. 5:47). It is most certainly not reflective of the Spirit of Jesus, who commanded us in Luke 6:37:, “Do not judge and you will not be judged. Do not condemn and you will not be condemned. Many Old Testament passages say the same thing (Deuteronomy, Leviticus, etc.) Even St. Michael the Archangel refused to curse Satan, but simply said, “May the Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 1: 9).
www.catholicbooks.net...
The idea being that this is like a test, where if you say no, then automatically you are accursed.
The fallacy, or whatever, is that the text is only Paul saying that you are not saved by your foreskin, since that is not a part of your body involved in salvation. The point being, from this example, is that acting like a Jew by gentiles is not necessary, like being circumcised.
What people do is turn the verses up-side-down and make it a sort of test of orthodoxy, and so reversing what Paul was saying and making salvation a yes or no proposition, much like you are either circumcised, or you are not. Tests are anti-christian in nature and show a complete non-understanding of real Christianity on the part of the people conducting such tests.

edit on 5-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I just think it is snowballed out of control as we all very well know true... There is not much I love myself in this world besides love and we're just not praying for that I guess anymore. The revelations say it is true that when Jesus returns there is going to be a bunch of war and then there is going to be a new earth for those of us who believe in love (real-time) in an ongoing fashion that never ends for some individuals.

Again there is not much I love in this world except the love itself and none of us have to worry about it or who is right or who is wrong... someone is going to take care of it all for us. I don't think there is no more new world unless my government already started a colony off world, in which case I would rather participate there.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

well actually you're right... but I know it's not the pope in a revolving door fashion. The Catholics enslaved us because they alone can not wield the power of love or know an inkling with their riches.

I only trust Jesus, not some guys who claim to be he or his voice...

Jesus says we will know him when he comes, he will have a sword of truth coming out of his mouth...

Isaiah 43:10
"Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me"

Revelation 19:15
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

edit on 5-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The revelations say it is true that when Jesus returns there is going to be a bunch of war and then there is going to be a new earth for those of us who believe in love (real-time) in an ongoing fashion that never ends for some individuals.

I wonder if you realize that what it is saying in Revelation is not literal but are visions in the form of signs.
There is actually no second coming of Jesus described in Revelation, and no rapture.
The "New Earth" in Revelation is a mythological view, using the motif of the Leviathan and the behemoth to illustrate this concept of chaos, and the sea symbolizes that, as taken from Genesis chapter one, of the "deep".
In the new earth, there is no sea, meaning there comes about a non-chaotic world.
We need to do that because we are as a group symbolized as the Lamb, who has been given the scroll of knowledge in order to bring about that change in the world.
edit on 5-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Jesus says we will know him when he comes, he will have a sword of truth coming out of his mouth...

The way you will know it is Jesus is when you are dead and long buried, then . . all-of-a-sudden, you are alive. Probably the radiant person in white, sitting on a throne would be the one you are looking for.
But, otherwise there is no instruction manual for the simple reason that when you see Jesus, it will not be in this lifetime.
Paul saw Jesus but he had to be taken to heaven, first. My guess would be if you find yourself in Heaven for some reason, then someone there will point you in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join