It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Saints bountygate fallout, Sean Payton suspended for a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I detest the bounty bullcrap completely and its a disgrace in my opinion...but I also have blood and gold running in my veins and for Saints fans this is extremely painful to endure, we just came out of a 40 year coma only a few years ago! I can only hope that Drew Brees is resigned and quickly and hope he doesn't give up on the team and the people of New Orleans, and I hope that Pete Carmichael is promoted to head coach for the next year.

www.nola.com...

So...I know everyone has thoughts and opinions on this situation, but please lets keep it civil!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
I detest the bounty bullcrap completely and its a disgrace in my opinion...but I also have blood and gold running in my veins and for Saints fans this is extremely painful to endure, we just came out of a 40 year coma only a few years ago! I can only hope that Drew Brees is resigned and quickly and hope he doesn't give up on the team and the people of New Orleans, and I hope that Pete Carmichael is promoted to head coach for the next year.

www.nola.com...

So...I know everyone has thoughts and opinions on this situation, but please lets keep it civil!

I can understand your frustration with the head leaders of the team. I'm a JAGhead myself. What I've been reading lately about this cash bounty program just sickens me. And now I see NFL Commissioner Goodell wants all the teams to sign in writing that they don't have a bounty program???!!!???
Like THAT will keep them honest. It obviously worked so well for New Orleans (and didn't I read somewhere Buffalo had a similar program?) I'm sorry to say maybe this strict punishment of Sean Payton, et al, will serve as a "better think twice" to other teams to either stop the BS and play fair, or not think of it in the first place. I hope they find everyone involved. Whether it extends to other teams or not. You shouldn't have to worry about being paralyzed or killed because of a bounty program of all things. When people are being rough intentionally, it leaves a huge black eye on the sport in general. JMHO

join