It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing medications. Reduced manufacturing or Stockpiling.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Could it also be from our government handing them out to disaster zones? Like Fukishema, and the Iodine Pills. I would gather they would see a shortage, and our government might be supplying them as aid. Even with the Haiti incident, Katrina, and the other disasters, maybe this why we are in shortage of drugs. Government gives aid and the drugs go down.

Sorry, I am so exhausted, I can't get my grammar st8.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I think that this is an excellent idea. Anyone with a chronic condition that is dependent on medications, should compile a reserve. It would not hurt to start researching alternatives and substitutes for those medications that are life sustaining. It may be costly, but it is cheaper if you do frequent small purchases when managing your reserves. See if your doctor can provide you with samples, it is one way to get started.

I live in South Florida, thanks to our yearly hurricane season, most people have at least a small amount of reserves on hand year round and beef up supplies seasonally. Most of the stuff kept on hand are basic staples, batteries, lights and water. Even here most neglect their medication reserves. Have a plan and always take your oldest meds first; rotating the newest additions to your reserve to the back of your stash.

Since some people have been reporting shortages of common medicine cabinet medications, it is a good idea to stock up on these as well. That would include aspirin, Tylenol, Imodium, Pepto Bismol, Benedryl, laxatives, etc. Might as well throw in some Ipecac syrup and Epsom salts while you are at it.

Don't discuss your stash, especially if you have narcotics. You may want to place your pain meds under lock and key and in a hidey hole.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Oh they loose money all the time, when they get caught with drugs that will not enter the market (Phase I to III is bloody expensive) or worse has nasty side effects, Viox anyone???

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon

I told my pharmacist last fall (late September I believe) that I had heard there was a shortage of drugs, including ritilin which my wife takes for her MS. He told me that in fact at that time it was becoming difficult to get 3 other medications along with the ritilan. He further explained that the governement sets manufacturing limits for certain drugs and that those limits would soon be reached. Apparently, and according to the news then, these permits were let to expire. At the time, this made little if any sense, BUT WAIT... theres more...

Now that we know that as early as last summer China's pharmaceutical manfacturing industry had been for sometime failing inspections and more importantly ignoring several written warnings from the FDA regarding the quality of the drugs.

It appears clear now that the FDA chose to stop stockpiling the unsafe and potentially dangeroius drugs being produced in China, and according to my pharmacist recently, immediately transferred all manufacturing of pharmaceutical to India. BTW... he let me see a copy of the letter their pharmacy received from the FDA outlining this problem.

FYI, the sources for all this are in another of my posts here on ATS.

edit on 21-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Correct spelling

The problem here is, India does not have much in the way of large manufacturing plants, which is what is needed. India is VERY cagey after a certain well known "chemical Incident"

Sorry but your Pharmacist is NOT going to get letters from the FDA like you are describing, it breaks far to many corporate secrecy laws.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

This has, unfortunately, been going on for way too long to substantiate a glitch or manufacturer delay. Here's a thread I posted almost a year ago about shortages of certain drugs, most particularly the schedule IV stimulant drugs which many folks with ADD or ADHD need to function properly:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For those suffering from ADD, these drugs actually calm and focus your thinking patterns and make you more "neurotypical". For those without the need of an chemical adjustment to their thinking patterns, I would assume that the stimulant affect is different and perhaps makes one hyper vigilant and acutely alert.

If anything, the situation has only gotten worse and I've come to believe that this is a matter of stockpiling; the question remains "for what particular use?". Is it a matter of sending the millions of people in need of these drugs in order to function normally into a chaotic state, unable to focus and therefore less effective in their daily lives, or is there a certain segment of our society (i.e. military) in need of staying hyper vigilant for some unknown reason?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

This is part of making us fearful and anxious and more ready to "get in line" and stay "good children".

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I've had no problem getting those related to Rheumatoid Arthritis ( personal scripts ) but that's as much as I can help you with it .
John

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I didn't pay much attention to a report on the local news station a few days ago. Didn't think much about it, since I don't use any pharma products, but:

They were reporting a shortage of certain medicines, at doctor offices, hospitals and even at vet clinics.
They were suggesting to find alternatives or to stock up.

Thought it was a bit strange, but continued doing my thing. Wish I had the link now.

Alberta, Canada.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
B.t.w. .......................................................

It would help if you guys/gals would specify where on this globe or country you are residing.
It may be easier to pinpoint where those shortages are occuring, so maybe we can connect some dots then.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yah, you notice that too??? Practically all the drugs are taken off our shelves. You can't find nothing. No tylonel, no Excedrin, no Advil. Interesting and it's been like a month, I doubt we will see anything in the near future. I think the recalls was total BS.

Even the store brand, you'd be lucky find something.

Only thing on the shelves that hasn't been taken yet is NyQuil and Laxatives.

Even Benedryl is almost empty.
edit on 21-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

What stores?

What pharmacies?

Be specific.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CB6699

Ok then, well I am currently in Dunedin New Zealand, and there are no shortages. Luckily we have a very well controlled system of funding for are pharmaceuticals

I was living in Milwaukee WI and commuting to Sheybogan and Madison WI (work based in Milwaukee, and maufacture in Shebogan and Madison)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

You would have more credibility if you named the medications.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Its interesting that the psychostimulant drugs are particularly effected, ritalin, adderal etc. These drugs are known to be cognitive enhancers - now drugs that improve our ability to think and understand...........might make the powers that be a little nervous. I believe they have become quite popular among some university students when cramming for exams. They do seem to be cropping up more, blackmarket wise, in the drug scene. To me, anything that improved our level of understanding and thinking should be better understood and researched but I guess the drug companies wouldn't be interested as the patent has run out!

So maybe our leaders are worried we might get smarter (and see through them....?) or part of the fanatical desire to stop us using illicit drugs per se?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I know the shortage of oxycodone is probably due to the manufacturer. They decided to reformulate it recently to be more difficult to abuse. I'm guessing it's taking longer for production of the new stuff to catch up than they'd expected. I've heard Neurontin is in short supply lately as well, or at least here. My aunt has been having trouble getting it over the past few months.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have heartburn often from fast foods, and last year Pepcid Complete disappeared with out a trace. Its rarely found online in stock these days, but the last 2 I have ordered this year were expired.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Just found out about a shortage for Voltaren gel manufactured by Novartis it is for topical use ie. Rx. for pain .
It also is on backorder.. Called the 800 # for info was told manufacturing issues, resupply maybe by June or July.

Also was told by my Dr. in Feb. because of restrictions no drug samples of any kind anymore from Dr. office.
Anyone else heard this ?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Only in the US. Its not happening in Canada, and yes its a conspiracy. They're trying to induce suffering and pain in the population and poverty. And its up the US citizens to wake up and throw them out of office and insist on real positive changes to their country. Forgive all debt, opt out of all debt loads, and work on grass roots businesses and a free good health care system. The people need to stand up for it.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, I have a script for TriLuma and brought it down to one of the local Walgreens (Waukesha County, Wisconsin).

They called me later in the afternoon to say they would have to back order it, but may be able to get some from one of their stores in Milwaukee County.

Well, no luck. I got a call two days later and was told they weren't able to find it in any of the Walgreens in driving distance, and more bad news: They won't be able to back order, as when they input it into their system they do not show an estimated date for the back order. So, they cannot give any expected date for back order and no signs of restocking.

They said they would contact my doctor to see if he can recommend an alternative. I never received a call back, so went online to see if it was filled, and it was. It was filled for some generic hydroquinone cream. So, this makes me wonder if it's brand name products that we are seeing shortages in.

BTW, the generic they filled it for was not a generic for TriLuma (what I was told), but something similar. So, I have to settle for a different prescription. I'm not a pharmacist and I know very little about chemistry, but I do know that certain formulations are different, even when they are the same chemicals and even when they are generic reproductions.

So, this isn't an insurance issue (like insurance only paying for certain drugs), this is a manufacturing issue.

I totally believe this is being controlled by the FDA and similar government agencies. The reason? They are limiting drugs to ween people and doctors off them, get everyone onto the cheaper alternatives. This is to get ready for the full government take over of medical insurance.

So, in the end, it won't matter if you have the money nor if your doctor believes you should have one over the other. You will be prescribed what the administration believes is best for you, which is always the cheapest available.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

They stopped giving out drug samples around here about 2 years at Dr offices they just told me it was there new regulations its to bad i got hundreds of dollars worth of free medications this way and it sure saved me allot of money..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
REVIVING OLD THREAD.

Plaquinel. The world supply is totally out. I'm combing places to find it. It's not there.
The folks at the drug store said the company told them it'll be a long while before they get any more.
Like a year. A freak'n year!

Plaquinel is used for people with Sjogrens, MS, Lupus, R.A.

I"m kinda freak'n out. When my drugs here at home are gone .. they are gone.
I've got autonomic neuropathy which the drug dials back enough that I can actually function.
And Sjogrens which is unholy heck ....

I suppose they'll have to experiment with other drugs ....
But I have such bad reactions to drugs ....

I'm freak'n ....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join