It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coup in Beijing, Says Chinese Internet Rumor Mill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
______beforeitsnews/story/1914/547/Coup_in_Beijing,_Says_Chinese_Internet_Rumor_Mill.html
I know its before its news. But, this would be big if it is true. What do my fellow ATSers think.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
its BS
what i think
they would shoot
them so fast it would
make your head spin.
they better be some highly
armed special ops
edit on 20-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Li Delin, who is on the editorial board of Securities Market Weekly and lives in Dongcheng District of Beijing, wrote on his microblog a report that confirmed unusual troop movements: “There are numerous army vehicles, Changan Street is continuously being controlled. There are many plainclothes police in every intersection, and some intersections even had iron fences set up.”

This Li Delin sounds pretty legite. Just saying if this part is true. Something must be going down in China town.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I think it's complete and utter hog-wash. I just don't understand what the idiots at beforeitsnews get from putting out such asinine, ridiculous stories day after day. You would think at some point common sense and humility would kick in and they would just stop. Unfortunately the internet is a sounding board for the delusional, paraniod and other people with mental illnessess or just the plain ignorant.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
reply to post by aarys

I think it's complete and utter hog-wash. I just don't understand what the idiots at beforeitsnews get from putting out such asinine, ridiculous stories day after day. You would think at some point common sense and humility would kick in and they would just stop. Unfortunately the internet is a sounding board for the delusional, paraniod and other people with mental illnessess or just the plain ignorant.

they get to be posted on ATS, and then we go check it out (due diligence ya know) and the ad revenue can come rolling in...

I think that's why. So far this is looking like parts may be true, but I doubt a coup...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
www.smh.com.au...

This might be a more reliable source for all you calling hoax.
Being China, it will obviously take a while for the true story to emerge.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
If this story is true is this proof that not even China will become the new superpower? I mean in order for a country to be a superpower cannot obviously have political turmoil inside it's borders

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yes i heard it might be something to do with tibet. I know they get the revenue but damn, profit is no excuse for ignorance

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
why is BIN even allowed as an OP source on ATS, its so laughable...

LOL.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I agree Popsmayhem, and this action would be 24hours old now,
it would have gotten out

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

I agree Popsmayhem, and this action would be 24hours old now,
it would have gotten out

I'm going to keep an eye on this.
Right now I am sticking with HOAX...

Lets see what happens

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

My belief is that they publish EVERYTHING on the off-chance that if/when the big break comes along they will by default have literally been there first. Bit like buying haystacks in case one contains a needle...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The Wall Street Journal has one story about some shuffling going on in the Beijing ranks online.wsj.com...

BEIJING—The central Chinese government hardened its grip in Chongqing, the domain of recently ousted Communist Party secretary Bo Xilai, targeting the "red singing" he had encouraged in the southwestern city, part of an approach that has widened an ideological rift among the party elite. However, political analysts say the Maoist revival Mr. Bo led in Chongqing is unlikely to disappear following his ouster. That is partly because leaders have to be careful not to be seen as going against historical Communist Party values and also because Mr. Bo's promotion of a strong state role in the economy found widespread support among those who feared rapid privatization of state wealth. His firing last week has shaken China's political establishment, and exposed such high-level divisions just ahead of its once-a-decade leadership transition beginning this fall. The highly unusual purge has raised questions about whether the party can restore the internal political unity needed to preserve its grip on power.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Initially it was reported as a hoax by the epochtimes but since have updated and said there may be something to this as Chinese censors have blocked words related to the alleged incident:

UPDATE: Weibo messages on the subject “北京出事了” in the original Chinese are now unable to be searched. This was a major meme around the coup rumor, translating roughly as, “something important yet problematic happened in Beijing.”
Weibo appeared down briefly between approximately 12:00 and 12:20 p.m. Beijing local time. Check to see if Weibo is up now.

Weibo is up and running but according to this source they were briefly down.

Link

Here is where it was first called as a hoax but since updated:

A republished photo on Weibo China’s largest microblog site yesterday, reportedly showed a tank on Changan Street in Beijing–Wangdaxia posted this photo with a short article about what he claimed occurred Monday night.

Alert Editors of The Epoch Times quickly learned that the photo was a hoax–so sad!

Full post here from The Epoch Times

**Update** We’re now learning there may be something to this story–more to follow as information becomes available.

Link

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kolya

Makes sense. i get that. damn what a way to cover all your bases

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

There's a credible source! Wow. Might be some kind of psy op by China though. If not, that is HUGE news.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hoax or not this is verrrrrrrrrry interesting. I'm not taking any sides just yet but I will definitely follow this story as hopefully more info becomes available!

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well I am not sure a full on coup is going on, drudge has now linked this story

www.washingtontimes.com...

I am sure the old secretary isnt going to go quietly. Who would though. To go from a position of such immense power, which allowed you to put people's lives subject to your whims, to being severally limited in power or removed completely. Hopefully, it is isnt a military coup. I think that would be much worse for the rest of the world because the military is much more interested in national pride than business.

Either way strange things going on in China, there are some other articles out there mentioning the tweets of big real estate developers and this so called Ferrari incident that has been the source of many rumors
www.bloomberg.com...

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I decided to put this on the internet.

If I sound like an idiot its due to how tired I am.

For some reason my mind goes back to the tank man and tianamin square

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My reading comp skills aren't stellar...

I interpret this news as maybe a pretext to cleaning out the communist rule? Shooting for a democracy?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join