It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 20th-22nd quake watch thread for 188 day quake theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know there is a quake watch thread for 2012, and I know there are a few threads about the 188 day cycle going on right now. However if the MODS approve, I'd like a place just for the next 2 days, to report quakes in the following specific areas.

---------------------------------------------
It seems that Mexico is having fluctuating aftershocks, and of course there is some speculation that this is a foreshock.

We also have quite a few small quakes happening on the north pacific rim, near Alaska.

Last month, we had reports from True American that there was some activity near the Cascadia.

New Madrid is really the big kahuna that people are holding their breathe waiting for - and they are currently experiencing some small quakes.

And there is (not quite out of the norm) some activity in Indonesia.
----------------------------------------------

The different theories, place the "major quake" either in the US or somewhere on the Pacific, or on the rim. If we REALLY want to try to give credit to this 188 day theory, we can't just go gaga over the first big quake CLOSE to the 188th day. That's why I think, instead of losing the quakes among already moving threads, we should use this thread centrally so that if a quake happens, we can all look at it and say "yup, that's the one".

Again, if MODS approve, if not, kindly remove.
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just pop over to the 'Quake Watch' thread. People report all of the things you mentioned, especially when a larger quake occurs.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

This is like.... an experiment.. And I don't want the quakes from these specific locations, both small and large, to get lost among a sea of posts.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
can i call bs on this one. we just had a quake around the same size as mexicos quake.
here is the thread to the predictions of that quake

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here is the quake info.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

im not to up in arms about finding a quake pattern.
just looking for a sound theory.
edit on 20-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There are also a couple of small quakes in the New Madrid area since the Mexico quake........Missouri and Tennessee just a little while ago.....and a swarm on the coast of Cali...I think a couple were mag 4s.
www.intellicast.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Looking at the USGS site this week has been crazy on the West Coast and up off of Alaska.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Just checked the intellicast earthquake map and there were 4 small quakes in Tennessee in the past few hours and one in Missouri. I'm watching the west coast though. I saw a youtube video where a guy said this would happen (a big quake) on the 20th thru the 22nd......don't know if I really believe in predictions, but the video he made was from last month I think and he said that...I'll try to find it.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Are the small quakes in the New Madrid area normal?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
According to this map there have been 861 quakes since last week just in the US. Mostly California, the northwest, and Alaska.
edit on 20-3-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
At 11:02 AM there was a 7.4 in Oaxaca Mexico. Anyone have any news on that one? Not sure if its significant, im new to the earth quake stuff.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yes there have been a few minor quakes popping up around the Madrid area ever since the Mexico quake today.
I have been watching that close as I live in the Madrid area.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sampleba87

It was significant in the scheme of things, and considering at least 800 homes have collapsed. It spawned the creation of this thread. There have been at least 6 significant aftershocks since the quake as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SahaniWaya

I'm just now seeing them. Anybody got a link where I can see real time other than the USGS site?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I see them from time to time (the small New Madrid quakes), but it's just odd that they popped up right after that and they are on the main fault. I don't know if it means anything, it just got my attention though. Here's that video. Like I said I don't really buy into predictions, but this guy made this video in February, and he predicted a big quake in the U.S. or MEXICO.....hmmmmmmm
I hope the rest of it is wrong!

edit on 3/20/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SahaniWaya

I know, it makes me a little nervous....I think if something happens it will be California....all kinds of little quakes along the coast since the Mexico one and a couple of mag 4s.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I go to intellicast.....when one happens it shows up on there pretty fast. At the top of the map, just click the earthquake button (the one with the little seismograph pic on it.), then you can zoom in and out.
www.intellicast.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

I go to intellicast.....when one happens it shows up on there pretty fast. At the top of the map, just click the earthquake button (the one with the little seismograph pic on it.), then you can zoom in and out.
www.intellicast.com...

That's perfect. See, California and the Anchorage area are rocking. I know that's normal but I did say ALL quakes.. lol

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.iris.edu...reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

This site works for me,fun to play with

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Just to give a little visual...this is a map generated from 1/01/2011 to today(3/20/2012). Small quakes are frequent. This map was generated showing 1.0 to 8.0 magnitudes only. I am sure there are more tiny quakes that occur daily.

Oh and....Post number 150! Yay!lol
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: add

For some reason its not showing...but this is in response to your question on new madrid quakes around TN.
edit on 06/08/2011 by Cyberboiraves because: add

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You can download a freebie called equake3d. www.wolton.net...

top topics

join