It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The World Is "Hollow", And I Have Touched The Sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

For The World Is "Hollow", And I Have Touched The Sky*

ETA:This thread is not intended to explore the hypothesis that the Earth is hollow. Maybe it is, maybe not. I'm concerned with what is or isn't over over heads, rather than what is beneath our feet.[/color=yellow]

Not really hollow per se. But maybe suspended/enlosed/encased/contained within a sphere. Everthing we see as being "astronomical", up there, far away... is an illusion or the like.
Don't ask me about how this is accomplished. It's a secret. Or so I have read.
Anyway...
Just a little mid-morning speculation.

Orphans of the Sky

Orphans of the Sky is a science fiction novel by Robert A. Heinlein, consisting of two parts: "Universe" (Astounding Science Fiction, May 1941) and its sequel, "Common Sense" (Astounding Science Fiction, October 1941). The two novellas were first published together in book form in 1963. "Universe" was also published separately in 1951 as a 10¢ Dell paperback. These works contain one of the earliest fictional depictions of a generation ship.

Characters and story

At the beginning of the story, the gigantic, cylindrical generation ship Vanguard, originally destined for Proxima Centauri, is cruising pilotless through the interstellar medium as a result of a mutiny that killed all the piloting officers. Over time, the descendants of the surviving loyal crew have forgotten the purpose and nature of their ship and lapsed into a pre-technological culture marked by superstition, wherein the word "Ship" is become a synonym of "cosmos", so that "To move the ship" is considered an oxymoron, and references to the Ship's "voyage" are interpreted as metaphor. They are ruled by an oligarchy of "Officers" and "Scientists", whose head is the putative heir of or successor to the original captain. Most crew members lead a simple illiterate life of agriculture, seldom or never venturing to the "upper decks" where the "muties" (an abbreviation of "mutants" or "mutineers") dwell.

The story centers upon an intelligent and curious young man, Hugh Hoyland, who is early in adulthood selected as an apprentice of the Scientists, who ritualistically perform the technical tasks operating the Ship (such as entering trash into its energy-converter for lighting and environmental control) while ignorant of their true functions. On a mission to hunt muties, Hugh is captured and becomes the slave of Joe-Jim Gregory, the two-headed leader of a powerful mutie gang, who later reveal the Ship's true nature and purpose to Hugh.
Having become convinced of the Ship's true purpose, Hugh convinces Joe-Jim to complete the Vanguard's mission of reaching its intended destination (preserved in fable as "Far Centaurus"), and returns to the lower levels of the Ship to convince others to help him; but is arrested by his former boss Bill Ertz and sentenced to death. While in his cell, Hugh persuades his old friend Alan Mahoney to enlist Joe-Jim's gang in rescuing him; and sometime after having been rescued, reveals the proof of his assertions to Bill and Alan. Bill then goes to convince the captain's aide, Phineas Narby, to join Hugh's effort.
Inspired by one of Joe-Jim's books, The Three Musketeers, the protagonists create swords superior to any weapons present in the lower Ship and and overthrow the Captain, later to install Phineas as Captain, Joe-Jim as Vice-Captain, Bill as Chief Engineer, and Hugh himself as astrogator. When Phineas is secure in his position, he launches an attack to rid the Ship of muties once and for all. Joe is killed in the fighting; whereupon Jim sacrifices himself to hold off their pursuers long enough for Hugh, Bill, Alan, and their wives to retreat to a lifeboat left by the Ship's builders, wherein they leave the Ship and land on the inhabitable moon of a gas giant, which they explore and colonize.
en.wikipedia.org...

Interesting Reading:
Dyson Sphere
en.wikipedia.org...

Voynich Manuscript
en.wikipedia.org...

Exit This Way

And don't forget to pick up your free miniature Holy Grail on the way out...

*Title refers to an episode of Star Trek TOS
edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos, ETA and asterisked item

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have given this a little more thought. Hollow Earth maybe not, solar system in a Bubble as a metaphor for a hollow earth maybe...

As I am wondering if Stars are as far away as we think and that it is an illusion because we are in a bubble. Why we are in a bubble is a whole other discussion, but it explain a lot.

I think we will know the answer soon when Voyager 1, 2 or Pioneer 10 suddenly disappears after passing through the heliosphere...

Far enough out that we would really have to work at it to get out there but not impossible.
edit on 20-3-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Nothing cracks me up more than Hollow Earth theories. Not because they're bit ridiculous, and not because they contradicts everything we gathered about geology, laws of gravitation, cosmology and so on.

I lvoe it, because it sort of mix ancient stories about beings living underneath our world with modern era ET stuff. Elves and all that # going hand to hand with aryan aliens
Medieval version of hell (which is still in use) also placed it deep underground.
So funny, we can barely scratch the surface of our planet.

First picture: classic, so.... scientific

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
S+F for your profound headline...

I love that painting by Hieronymus Bosch finished in 1500 and when those panels are opened,the greatest painting ever made is revealed,a triptych called,the garden of earthly delights > en.wikipedia.org...

And your headline is the title for one of the best original star trek episodes,written by Rik Vollaerts > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 20-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

We live upon 57,000,000 square miles of land surface area on earth...

Theres 139,000,000 square miles of water surface area on earth...

Which means theres 196,000,000 square miles of total surface area on earth...

Theres 332,000,000 cubic miles of ocean water...

Theres 259,668,000,000 cubic miles of ground area beneath our feet...

Which means theres 260,000,000,000 cubic miles in total volume of earth...

Theres 4,000 miles from the earths surface straight down to its core...

Yet the furthest any human has ever gone down into a cave is only about 2 miles...

And the deepest hole ever drilled is only around 7.5 miles...

Are we fully comprehending what those above numbers are telling us and what they actually mean?

Over 95% of our earth is "Totally Unexplored" and "Completely Unknown" to us!

Seriously,think about that! Its simply fantastic,unbelievable and yet very true!

When i first realized the implications that those numbers represent for us,a very real shudder traveled up and down my spine,we appear to be so concerned about the moon and outerspace,when all the while we dont even know hardly anything about most of our own planet...

We are purposefully misled by perpetually being told to look in the wrong direction for the aliens,up instead of down and we are persistently lied to and taught to think that the aliens are arriving here from up there in outer space,when they actually originate from right here on earth...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Nothing cracks me up more than Hollow Earth theories.

This thread is not intended to explore the hypothesis that the Earth is Hollow. Maybe it is, maybe not. I'm concerned with what is or isn't over over heads, rather than what is beneath our feet.
edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

I am wondering if Stars are as far away as we think and that it is an illusion because we are in a bubble. Why we are in a bubble is a whole other discussion, but it explain a lot.

You win a miniature Holy Grail replica!

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Maybe what is within us is also outside of us and what we see whenever we look out into the void of ancient light,the star filled night time sky above us and all around us,also exists far below us,deep beneath our feet,with another shining sun shimmering upon an interior world and maybe our reality is an endless fractal, fractaling endlessly...

edit on 20-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I might as well throw this in:

Revelation 6:14 - Geneva Study Bible
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;

Revelation 6:14 - NIV
14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up,

gsb.biblecommenter.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

Farthest we've drilled into the earth: little over 12km

Distance to the inner core: roughly 6000km

Your "trust" in geologists sounds more like faith

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

WAHOO! I would first like to thank my creator and my parents and my family and my significant other...

Oh and P.S. this could also be metaphysical meaning we are a hollow shell (The Earth is us) and our Soul resides inside...

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
could be a good time to get back on the meds

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

[color= yellow]There must have been a door there in the wall, when I came in.

ETA:

Maybe those sounds in the "sky" being heard all around the world are actually coming from just beyond the stars. Literally.

Revelation 6:14 - Geneva Study Bible
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;

Revelation 6:14 - NIV
14 The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up,

gsb.biblecommenter.com...

I wonder what's out there...

edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
By starting this thread it seems we have put a new spin on the question: "What the deuce is that on Wikisky?"

Wikisky.org DSS2 Anomaly Coordinates 02 22 40.68, -07 16 19.2
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 12/21/2010 @ 09:48 PM

edit on 3/20/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: resized photos

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
And it puts a new spin on this question as well:

What Gives In Cetus? Google Sky Coordinates 2 26 33 -04 41 37
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 12/13/2010 @ 10:22 PM

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
So I decided to do a little background reading on Sumerian mythology this evening. I started looking in the usual place: Wikipedia. reading through the main article I clicked on the link for Nammu, the Sumerian creation goddess. Reading through this article I found that Nammu was "probably the first personification of the constellation called Tiamat..." what the Greeks called..."Cetus."

Linking on Cetus I started reading through the article and discovered that "Cetus lies far from the galactic plane, so that many distant galaxies are visible, unobscured by dust from the Milky Way. Of these, the brightest is Messier 77 (NGC 1068), a 9th magnitude spiral galaxy near δ Ceti. Recently, the galactic cluster JKCS 041 was confirmed to be the most distant cluster of galaxies yet discovered.[1]"

So, being curious, I opened Google Earth and went to Google Sky to take a look at the most distant galawy clusters we've discovered. While navigating around the area I came upon a "line of stars" extending horizontally through Cetus, and intersectected by a similar vertical "line of stars"

I've drawn red lines in Google earth/sky and posted the picture below.

You may find the point of origin for my cursory Google Earth tour at these coordintes:
2 26 33 -04 41 37

Pan back slightly and you'll see the lines I'm referring to.
Question: What are these.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/390d509d4d09.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80180929186e.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12/13/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: photo

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"A crack in the cosmic egg"? Seams in the shell? What have I "hatched" with this?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Speaking of hollow worlds, I remembered a science fiction book I read almost 30 years ago, called "The World Is Round" by Tony Rothman.

Here's a link to the Wiki on it. Pretty good book, about an artificial world, 50 times the size of Earth:

The World Is Round

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I'll just have to check it out.
Thanks.

I'll get back to this thread after the earthquake commotion dies down.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Orphans of the Sky... wow, if only people could understand what that book is about.

It is a metaphor for self-mastery and becoming one within your own mind.

It is about immortality and ascension to Heavenly realms.....

ITS ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE "GREAT WORK"

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-3-2012 by sotaz because: clarity

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sotaz

Are you referring to the book "The World Is Round" from the previous post?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join