It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For The World Is "Hollow", And I Have Touched The Sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotaz
THIS BOOK IS NOT ABOUT A HOLLOW EARTH...

It is a metaphor for self-mastery and becoming one within your own mind.

ITS ALSO REFERRED TO AS THE "GREAT WORK"

en.wikipedia.org...

It is about immortality and ascension to Heavenly realms.....

Is this in any way related to Illumination, as it were, "The Illuminati"?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Referring to the book Orphans of the Sky

Sorry I should have been more clear.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I haven't actually read the book but I understand it just from the description.

But evidently it is a story about a war in ones own mind, creating a ONENESS within himself, for the purpose of acension. Humans are are the Ship. Muties are emotions which dominate us. It's about someone who awakens to the true nature of his reality and fights himself for control of his own body.

The greatest secret of all time is that the exit to this realm is inside you...

LOOK INWARDS for answers, not out in space...
edit on 20-3-2012 by sotaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sotaz

Upon reading the wiki entry for "The Great Work" I am reminded of Objectivism, the "philosophy" of Ayn Rand.

"Man—every man—is an end in himself, not the means to the ends of others.", she said.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That awesome drawing of the man and woman running out of and away from some kind of mechanized reality trap,when and where is that from and who drew it?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

That awesome drawing of the man and woman running out of and away from some kind of mechanized reality trap,when and where is that from and who drew it?

That's from a poster for the 1976 movie "Futureworld", a sequel to the movie "Westworld"

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Some people may be saying to themselves at this point:

"Is this guy serious?"

edit on 3/21/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just to be the devil's advocate, here's a 'related'? thread:

200-kilo Metal Debris From The Sky In Siberia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the article from the thread:
This really is space junk: Russian space experts examine 200-kilo metal 'UFO dustbin lid' which fell from the sky in Siberia
Six foot metal fragment fell near remote village in Siberia
Does not appear to be from earthly missiles or rockets
Russian space experts say, 'The object is not related to space technology'
Under police guard as experts examine it
By WILL STEWART

PUBLISHED: 11:00 EST, 21 March 2012 | UPDATED: 18:40 EST, 21 March 2012
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Related Thread:

How do we know space isn't just one big conspiracy?
by excitedwaterkickingritu
started on 4/27/2012 @ 12:22 AM

Originally posted by excitedwaterkickingritual
If you really think about it, the majority of people have never even been to space, and the truth it, there's a possibility it might not even exist. All of us might just be here, thinking we're floating through a universe that it's actually just some creators experiment, or so many other things unknown. Has anyone else ever thought about this? The government could just be lying to us, and no one really ever went and landed on that floating orb we see each night in the sky. It could be the greatest conspiray of all, and we don't even know it. I mean, what do we all ever really know, you know? Sorry if this was in the wrong area, I just thought I'd share my thoughts on this and see if anyone else felt the same way,

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I have brought up more or less the same thing,the illusion of our fabricated reality,in a recent thread of mine...A Cosmic Terrarium We Call Earth > www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Over 95% of our earth is "Totally Unexplored" and "Completely Unknown" to us!

Seriously,think about that! Its simply fantastic,unbelievable and yet very true!

Something like 99% of the universe is totally unexplored yet we still know what it's made up of. If the Earth was hollow how would it have been formed? If particles collect toward the center during planet formation due to gravity, the only explanation is the earth is solid.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

I dont think the earth is hollow,but its vast and immense interior is most likely filled with multitudes of subterranean rivers,lakes and seas,as well as huge caverns and many hundreds or even thousands of miles of tunnels and even unknown civilizations of beings who evolved and adapted to live within those virtually impenetrable regions beneath us a long time ago...

There actually exists a "crypto" underground river that flows beneath the mississippi river thats more massive and contains more water than that surface river above it...

edit on 27-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

In 1958 radioisotopes tracked a crypto river flowing under the nile with a mean annual flow of 20 million million,or 20 trillion,cu.ft. which is six times greater than the Nile itself > www.trivia-library.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

In 1958 radioisotopes tracked a crypto river flowing under the nile with a mean annual flow of 20 million million,or 20 trillion,cu.ft. which is six times greater than the Nile itself > www.trivia-library.com...

That's directly under the surface so how does that mean the entire earth is hollow? It was never a secret that water is found underground.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

We never hear about "crypto rivers" and "crypto seas" do we? I wonder why? and they certainly do exist beneath us,but theres not even a wiki link about them,but they are there down below us and so other such things must also exist further below us and even deeper still...

Considering the eye and mind opening fact that theres around 4,000 miles,from the earths surface, straight down to its core and yet the deepest hole ever drilled is only 7.5 miles deep and the furthest anyones ever gone down into a cave,is only about 2 miles...

So theres no doubt about it at all,around 99% of the total volume of area existing beneath us,is completely unknown to us and around 95% of the total volume and area of earths oceans are totally unexplored by us...

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Actually when you think about it, Living on the Surface of this planet is Extremely hazardous.
Just the Sun's UV light, gives us skin cancer and cataracts and wrinkles.
Dusty air we breath. Wasting materials to build shelters, to pretend we are still in a cave????
Then consider the weather, It rains/floods we drown, the wind blows Hurricanes and Tornado's we die and things are destroyed. Its too hot, we have no water, things die.
Underground the temperature is constant, abundant water, plenty of caverns (or make our own---we do), no weather problem, abundant energy (geothermic), etc etc ................Mmmmmm.

No wonder the Sauroids love it down there so much, and dont want us Humans to know about it. Who can blame them??

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

We never hear about "crypto rivers" and "crypto seas" do we? I wonder why? and they certainly do exist beneath us,but theres not even a wiki link about them,but they are there down below us and so other such things must also exist further below us and even deeper still...

Considering the eye and mind opening fact that theres around 4,000 miles,from the earths surface, straight down to its core and yet the deepest hole ever drilled is only 7.5 miles deep and the furthest anyones ever gone down into a cave,is only about 2 miles...

So theres no doubt about it at all,around 99% of the total volume of area existing beneath us,is completely unknown to us and around 95% of the total volume and area of earths oceans are totally unexplored by us...

The Earth is more dense the further down you go, and there is far more pressure down there as well. Earth couldn't be hollow because the spaces would be caved in because of this high amount of pressure.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I understand what you mean,but i also realize that we just dont know if its true or not,because no ones ever gone down deep into the earths virtually impenetrable interior and no ones ever seen down there either and some group of scientists bouncing sound waves into the earth,is in no way any kind of real proof or real evidence for me...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Related thread:

Is the sky an image?
by FenderWolf
started on 5/8/2012 @ 01:27 PM

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Related thread:

The Sun Is Much Smaller And A Lot Closer Than We Are Misled To Believe It Is