It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 100% cold harsh facts of life.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Let's face it, real life is so boring we need to find and make up crazy stuff just to get out of bed each morning. We should all give up trying guys. Aliens if they even exist WILL NEVER VISIT us. All those mythical creatures aren't real. OBE is all in our heads, love is just our hormones and other chemical reactions. People will always be sheep, it's in human nature. Lastly, the world will never end. We will simply continue to drive ourselves deeper into our distorted reality.

On to relationships and why our current dating system is pointless.
First off we all are 100% shallow creatures. Every action no matter if it's for our child is still a shallow action. You saved a life because YOU believed it was the right thing to do, YOU feel really GOOD for doing it, When the person you saved feels good then YOU feel good. In the end ALL ACTIONS ARE SHALLOW and it's the same for relationships. (First off, I'd like to say when I use the word love I'm speaking of chemical reactions, not societies silly magical love).

When you get into a relationship it's all for selfish ego gain and nothing more. You do things for the loved one because it makes YOU feel good. You buy them things because it makes YOU feel better. You chate with them because their happiness makes YOU feel nice. Relationships are 100% about you getting what you want. Nobody truly cares for one another. That is the cold harsh truth of life. Soon as our chemical reaction connection ends for one person we move onto finding another human to leech off of. What makes it worse is how we FOOL ourselves into believing it's all for silly magical love and friendship sugar farts.

The ladder theory proved men and women CAN NOT BE FRIENDS. If you have a guy friend he wants to have sex with you or would if given the chance. Women have two ladders for men. One is for men they would have sex with the other is for friend zones. MEN ONLY HAVE ONE LADDER FOR WOMEN and that is the sex ladder. Deny this cold truth all you want people but it's cold harsh science.

Do you love your child? Yes. Ummm no. YOU like how they make YOU FEEL. Women are programmed to have a true connection for their children. Sorry MEN, but your love is a limited connection based of societal programming when it comes to children.But here is the thing, men are said to have unconditional love for females in general to the point men will die for you. Women simply can NOT have unconditional love for men because of hypergamy. A womans love can only go as far as her connection with her offspring.

All men are capable of rape and murder to a degree. Men won't say it to your face, but it's true. If there were no consequences, no punishment, more then likely you will be assaulted in a society that didn't imprison men into believing in illusionary ideas such as pride and trust. Society mentally imprisons men into being utilitarian slaves for if they ever truly become free women would suffer beyond anything you can imagine. This is why women keep you men under the illusion like a good puppies. Women you see unlike men, understand that pride and trust is a system of control. Women are born to be free where as men are born to be slaves. Need a house built? get a slave (men). Need Technology created? Ask a slave (men). You need structure for society? Ask the slaves (men) to make one. You see women a long time ago could have easily did everything a guy does and maybe even more, but why do it when you have happy prideful slaves called men.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
We all die.

The rest is inconsiderable, under that.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Are you trying to say i would get pleasure from rape, thats just wrong. I cant even get it up when a girl just lies there still and thats consentual, the thought of raping someone alone is horrific.

Kill without consequences? maybe but they would have to be a real nasty piece of work.

Also not sure how you can say i do not love my son, that is utter bs. Some of these thoughts in this thread seem to describe sociopaths and psychopaths not the average person.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I feel very sorry for you. I'm no psychiatrist, but this post seems to come from the words of a women who has been in one to many bad relationships. You are ill advised to believe in fairy tale love, yes, but you are ill advised to think there is only that harsh truth. Many of the traits you describe are simply the result of thousands of years of evolution of culture (depending upon what you believe)- yes we are selfish creatures, but that is the result of needing to look out for number 1 when the going got tough. When you start putting life down to biology, you are doing it no respect for how amazing it is. I appreciate every day I walk on this earth, and sorry, but your "cold harsh reality" does not apply to me at all. YOU do things to make YOU feel good.... DUH?!? of course we do, but its that innate ability to feel good that gives us purpose. And as for your man-bashing at the end, men are not slaves - humans are an animal species that has created a culture of many thousands of years to be the way we are... and if you want a house built, believe it or not you very misguided person, women are allowed to become builders to... infact there was one who helped renovate the house I live in. And I would never, ever physically harm a woman or could ever be possible of rape or murder. Over-generalising the world is not a very smart thing to do.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Sexist post much? According to you all men kill, rape, hate their children and basically have no benefit to society.
Then you go on to say how love is just a chemical reaction and that were all sheep. I think you are taking this one a little too far in my opinion...

The mind is something that does things that are unknown and you cant rely on science to provide an answer for every single question. All of your statements are blatant lies and I think this thread is just here to stir people up without any chance of debate.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

edit on 20-3-2012 by CriticalCK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Are you trying to say i would get pleasure from rape, thats just wrong. I cant even get it up when a girl just lies there still and thats consentual, the thought of raping someone alone is horrific.

Kill without consequences? maybe but they would have to be a real nasty piece of work.

Also not sure how you can say i do not love my son, that is utter bs. Some of these thoughts in this thread seem to describe sociopaths and psychopaths not the average person.

Average people lie to themselves quite a bit. There is a reason people in war get screwed up in the head, and there is a reason why people can sit back and say "I'm not like that at all.", because you haven't been in the places that provoke some of the nasty human behaviors. Or should you have been in those places, you blinded yourself from seeing what was going on, sheltered or shielded yourself from your emotions.

I understand where the OP is coming from, and I don't see why acknowledging human instinct is a bad thing. Everyone has these things inside them, it's how you let it manifest.

There is not a person in this world that is void of some inherent nastiness, or vile attitude. A positive perception among public and personal opinion often makes some people seem as though they lack these qualities.

but...Inside everybody.....

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
1.Yes,love is all in the mind and is nature's illusion to get a male and a female together to reproduce.It does not mean though that people can't be truly together and be in love.Most people tend to force themsleves to pretend to love others these days though.

2.When you are in a relationship,at first at least,it tends to be more about the other person and not yourself.

3.Yes a woman is more intune with her offpsring then her partner due to the fact that the whole point of being with someone is to reproduce.Natures selfish way i guess.

4.All men are capable of murder in the right situation(if there is one).Rape? no.Men are not capable of that,or at least not all.Men only kill to protect and know its not right and rape is the same.Men know its wrong and would never do it because they are not some mindless creatures without hearts as you are trying to make us look.I could never bring myself to rape anyone.Lets not forget how women behave these days eh?! the behavior i've seen from some women is enough to make me think that they are capable of rape.

Most of what you posted is right but some is down right bitter coldness from no doubt someone who has had a few bad experiences.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Thats not really reality...but its does seem like you made it your own.
Not quite sure where your hatred towards men comes from......you seem young
Sorry if it sounds harsh but you can't go around saying this like you have it all figured out, thats presumptuous
I know how easy it can be sometimes to give into despair when you're experiencing difficulties in your life...

But life is what you make of it...if you keep feeling sorry for yourself or just projecting it into this view of the world you are going to create a hell for yourself.

Don't take life so seriously...just be yourself

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

All of your statements are blatant lies and I think this thread is just here to stir people up without any chance of debate.

Consult history, or even current happenings in the world.

I have to take the OPs side in this case.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Rape? no.Men are not capable of that,or at least not all.Men only kill to protect and know its not right and rape is the same.Men know its wrong and would never do it because they are not some mindless creatures without hearts as you are trying to make us look.

Why probably the most controversial area of the OP, (Which was a little much for even for me) you have to look at it from all angles. I posted the unfortunate circumstance from the Congo as an example.

Do you think the men there if raised in another country would have committed those atrocities?

Perhaps some, but certainly not the numbers that have been documented during the crisis. I would posit then it is in all men unfortunately. As conditioning can achieve just about anything.

It is social values and social opinion that prevent us from being animals, take that away and I do think men are capable of quite a lot they would not want to admit to. Being capable and actively doing something are two completely different playing fields.

edit on 20-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
And btw...2 differents women asked me to rape them when it came to engaging intercourse with them during my life...I couldn't do it, I'm all for fiesty sex and all
but not into that kind of crap....unless its to satisfy the fantasy of a serious partner and long relationship...

So I think we can clear that issue, a lot of woman are into kinky brutal sex...its no a guy thing specifically.
In general maybe our desires are less complex than those of women but a lot of woman can be very manipulative knowing this. So they can as much create havok to men as well.

Its the big trap of asymetric thought system
edit on 20-3-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
Let's face it, real life is so boring we need to find and make up crazy stuff just to get out of bed each morning. We should all give up trying guys. Aliens if they even exist WILL NEVER VISIT us. All those mythical creatures aren't real. OBE is all in our heads, love is just our hormones and other chemical reactions. People will always be sheep, it's in human nature. Lastly, the world will never end. We will simply continue to drive ourselves deeper into our distorted reality.

Our curiosity, imagination and thinking outside of the box is the powerful driving force of our creativity.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To clarify on the OP: (I do think it is a good premise but some things I disagree with)

There is plenty of crazy things that go on without making stuff up. However, our wish to create flights of fancy to entertain ourselves does not lend or take away the possibilities of other life in the universe. However, if you are just referring to the stories of aliens abducting people and secret UFO bases on the moon and whatnot, you may have a point.

On to relationships and why our current dating system is pointless.
First off we all are 100% shallow creatures. Every action no matter if it's for our child is still a shallow action. You saved a life because YOU believed it was the right thing to do, YOU feel really GOOD for doing it, When the person you saved feels good then YOU feel good. In the end ALL ACTIONS ARE SHALLOW and it's the same for relationships. (First off, I'd like to say when I use the word love I'm speaking of chemical reactions, not societies silly magical love).

I do believe the majority of people act in a self gratifying way. Either to boost their ego, or deflate their ego and wait for the reactions of others to satisfy themselves. It's a cold look at life, but quite sensible.

When you get into a relationship it's all for selfish ego gain and nothing more. You do things for the loved one because it makes YOU feel good. You buy them things because it makes YOU feel better. You chate with them because their happiness makes YOU feel nice. Relationships are 100% about you getting what you want. Nobody truly cares for one another. That is the cold harsh truth of life. Soon as our chemical reaction connection ends for one person we move onto finding another human to leech off of. What makes it worse is how we FOOL ourselves into believing it's all for silly magical love and friendship sugar farts.

Sure seems like this doesn't it? But then take two people who recognize these things and form relationships out of mutual benefit. If you are cognizant of your human traits, they don't manifest the same way they do when you're ignorant to them.

The ladder theory proved men and women CAN NOT BE FRIENDS. If you have a guy friend he wants to have sex with you or would if given the chance. Women have two ladders for men. One is for men they would have sex with the other is for friend zones. MEN ONLY HAVE ONE LADDER FOR WOMEN and that is the sex ladder. Deny this cold truth all you want people but it's cold harsh science.

In current Western society today, and in some societies long past, women are/were also climbing the male ladder. Although not as popular, there is a story of an old royal Queen who used to eat men alive (Not literally, but close) and of course a number of women today are independent, professional, and enjoy detached love making as much as men.

But I do agree, men + women = friends, not happening. In some cases couples can achieve this in a healthy manner.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Cont-

Do you love your child? Yes. Ummm no. YOU like how they make YOU FEEL. Women are programmed to have a true connection for their children.

Not so. Men are also programmed to shape their offspring into providers, warriors, etc. A warring tribe wouldn't get far if all the men simply tossed out the young would they?

Sorry MEN, but your love is a limited connection based of societal programming when it comes to children.But here is the thing, men are said to have unconditional love for females in general to the point men will die for you. Women simply can NOT have unconditional love for men because of hypergamy. A womans love can only go as far as her connection with her offspring.

Some people go against this, but it is an underlying theme yes.

All men are capable of rape and murder to a degree. Men won't say it to your face, but it's true. If there were no consequences, no punishment, more then likely you will be assaulted in a society that didn't imprison men into believing in illusionary ideas such as pride and trust.

It is not consequences or punishment that stops men from committing these acts. It is far more complex and in this sentence it really does make us out to look like a bunch of barbarians. Men enjoy a challenge when it comes to women, but that's a far cry from wanting to take a woman forcefully.

Pride is built into every society. As soon as you take more than one person and put them together, emotions run rampant. You can't really have humans existing without some form of pride.

Society mentally imprisons men into being utilitarian slaves for if they ever truly become free women would suffer beyond anything you can imagine. This is why women keep you men under the illusion like a good puppies. Women you see unlike men, understand that pride and trust is a system of control. Women are born to be free where as men are born to be slaves. Need a house built? get a slave (men). Need Technology created? Ask a slave (men). You need structure for society? Ask the slaves (men) to make one. You see women a long time ago could have easily did everything a guy does and maybe even more, but why do it when you have happy prideful slaves called men.

I actually know a few women that think like this and I see the characteristics come out quite a bit... Not sure if I even want to comment on this one.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hmm.

I tend to agree with you about people's motiviations....that is, that people do things that make them feel good. "Selfless" acts are almost always done because they make the person who does them feel good, so they are not really "selfless." Altruism probably does not actually exist.

I also agree with you about the "fairy tale" of love that is so prevalent in society(at least it is in mine, I can't speak for others.) It is damaging in the extreme to many people, and many people never recover from their discovery that it is, in fact, a fairy tale.

However, I do think that love actually exists. Subjectively, I know it and experience it...and that leads me to believe that it should be an objective truth as well, though I have no way of proving that.

Here is what "love" seems to be, to me: A condition in which one's own happiness and contentment is linked to--and greatly enhanced by--the happiness and contentment of another.
That may be overly simplistic, but it seems to me to be the essential point. We are all inherently selfish, and we invariably look out for number one(if we didn't, the human race would probably not be here at all)...but we have an emotional state that, when it occurs, tricks our selfishness into selflessness.

I think this is why so many wise men, or teachers, or "sages," if you will, throughout history, have emphasized "Love" as being the path to Godliness, or the light in the darkness, etc. It is our salvation from our own base natures, if we can only find it.

My two bits.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

but we have an emotional state that, when it occurs, tricks our selfishness into selflessness.

Profound.

This has meaning well beyond the few words it took to form the sentence.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Well said, and I think your definition of love is not too simplistic, rather we make it seem to complicated and you have hit the nail on the head.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acronychal

DUH?!? of course we do, but its that innate ability to feel good that gives us purpose. And as for your man-bashing at the end, men are not slaves -

I just wanted to post one last thing in this thread, replying to the above sentence. If you thought that was "man-bashing" you ought to pull out your dictionary and reread the last paragraph and the following quote:

Women simply can NOT have unconditional love for men because of hypergamy.

Break that down into simpler words and post it online and just about every feminist group would be up in arms (Some might applaud it because they want it that way). But a lot women would accuse you of misogyny.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Wow, new word for the day.

I guess I am very hypergamous to the women. I've always wondered why they come on to me. I've always been somewhat baffled by all the guys complaining that women snub them, ignore them, etc.

I now realize that they do that because they are busy trying to figure how they can get ME in their pants.

Great for me. Sucks for you guys.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join