It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead Season 2 Final ... im speechless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

The comics rock...Get them all if you can.The show does not follow the comics word for word,so its worth reading them,for extra details and story lines.
There is also a novel about how the character known as "the Governor" gets his title.
He's a gruesome character in the comics-but we are yet to meet him in the show.

www.amazon.co.uk...=sib_dp_pt#reader-link

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

Kinda neat if you realise it's the same helicopter that started them moving as the same helicopter that rick saw when he entered the city for the first time.. =)

I was thinking that too, but not like they could have tracked the helicopter for long....so that's where I'm confused..after losing the helicopter...did they all then just gravitate to the next thing that got their attention, and so on? That's the assumption, but it's almost as if there's something else driving them.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

In the comics,they sort of explain how if the walkers hear a sound in the distance they will head after it-sometimes walking for weeks until they all link up in a hoard.
Could be that they all headed off in the direction of the helicopter,which just happened to have flown off in the direction of the farm.

I wonder if we will ever find out who is in the helicopter-I don't remember if that is covered in the comics.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I agree with what some folks are saying about Lori-A couple of episodes ago she virtually asked Rick to get rid of Shane,then when he does just that she has a conniption fit..
Also she should have been happy with Rick when he managed to keep Carl safe from a whole pack of walkers-Instead she is just all narky with him.

Oh well-maybe they want the viewers to dislike her-They could have something special planned for her later on.

Exactly .. time for her to be eaten slowly by a zombie or 2 or 3 or 4

the face she did when Rick told her he killed Shane
she looks so confuse.. do you remember the part where shane was building a floor near the top of a windmill
and guess who came at him .. he was completely confused .. and right after her saying how she cared for him
Shane was thinking about a way to get rid of Rick . because he saw something like a chance she was giving him

ITS ALL HER DAMN FAULT
letting her son go all the time when there is zombies everywhere
Shane thinking again about killing Rick
Rick having no choice to kill Shane

All Lori's fault .. always pissed off at everybody
i think they really want us to dislike her

because now i really hate her

I was hating Andrea before .. was really annoying
but now i actualy like her

edit on 3/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
reply to post by Ben81

I've become obsessed with Walking Dead since I started watching it. I downloaded the first season and most of the second, so I was able to watch everything back to back.

Have you read the comics? I haven't ordered it yet, but I heard that the show only loosely follows the comics.

Does anyone have any recommendations about which to read? I don't think I can wait until season three to find out about the prison and the new character.

I've found this compilation online..
Walking Dead - Compendium 1

the walking dead is my number one series
im also obsessed with that great show
the zombie and actors are very awesome (except Lori)

Never read the comics
just learned that after the final
I dont want to spoil any part of season 3
i will wait very patiently until it come out .. soooo long until fall

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The Finale was epic, made me wanna hibernate until October..
I wonder too who else was flying that Hellicopter, Goverment or Military maybe..
Also, I wanna see some straight up US Military power against the Zombies, surely there's a load of troops that survived....
Herez to next season and an M1 Abrham vs a Zombie hoard.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zakka

The idea that everyone is already infected is a pretty big one though...
I'm not sure how that reconciles with the effect of then getting bit or scratched (which seems to turn one in hours)...

I think that Max Brooks' book World War Z did a good job of describing a military incursion against the zombies though. Although fiction, Max really has a flair for seeing things in a different light, and shining some reality on what such a situation would really be like.

A tank can carry only so many shells, for example, and with enough bodies, could become trapped. Weapons that don't decapitate could just mean crawling, burning zombies, etc.

Can you imagine the pure psychological horror of fighting such an enemy? Soldiers are trained to hit center of mass (chest), not the head. And, headshots are way more difficult than the show makes them out to be. Leaning out of a moving truck and popping head shots with a pistol? Yeah, maybe like one out of 6 would actually hit that. (if he was good).

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Zakka

The idea that everyone is already infected is a pretty big one though...
I'm not sure how that reconciles with the effect of then getting bit or scratched (which seems to turn one in hours)...

I think that Max Brooks' book World War Z did a good job of describing a military incursion against the zombies though. Although fiction, Max really has a flair for seeing things in a different light, and shining some reality on what such a situation would really be like.

A tank can carry only so many shells, for example, and with enough bodies, could become trapped. Weapons that don't decapitate could just mean crawling, burning zombies, etc.

Can you imagine the pure psychological horror of fighting such an enemy? Soldiers are trained to hit center of mass (chest), not the head. And, headshots are way more difficult than the show makes them out to be. Leaning out of a moving truck and popping head shots with a pistol? Yeah, maybe like one out of 6 would actually hit that. (if he was good).

I know that scene was very stupid Indeed.
Your wrong about the Tank being trapped though, If It had enough fuel to move It will move through and over anything In Its way.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Exactly .. time for her to be eaten slowly by a zombie or 2 or 3 or 4

the face she did when Rick told her he killed Shane
she looks so confuse.. do you remember the part where shane was building a floor near the top of a windmill
and guess who came at him .. he was completely confused .. and right after her saying how she cared for him
Shane was thinking about a way to get rid of Rick . because he saw something like a chance she was giving him

ITS ALL HER DAMN FAULT
letting her son go all the time when there is zombies everywhere
Shane thinking again about killing Rick
Rick having no choice to kill Shane

All Lori's fault .. always pissed off at everybody
i think they really want us to dislike her

Dang right-looks like they are building up Lori to be hated.
They are certainly doing things different to the comics,but that is cool-I like the way even if you have read the comics you still don't know what will happen on the show.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zakka
The Finale was epic, made me wanna hibernate until October..
I wonder too who else was flying that Hellicopter, Goverment or Military maybe..
Also, I wanna see some straight up US Military power against the Zombies, surely there's a load of troops that survived....
Herez to next season and an M1 Abrham vs a Zombie hoard.

In the Final you see the helicopter from the beginning of Season 1
and then you see all the zombie following it up to the farm

I think the Helico was from that Prison in the Final
edit on 3/22/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
i always wondered why the army didnt play (car)tankmageddon in the streets of atlanta.. Besides, where are all the nukes and other heavy ordenance to "contain area's" from spreading? Kinda feels like loose ends if you compare it to reality (if we can even compare a zombie serie to reality offcourse
)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elexio
i always wondered why the army didnt play (car)tankmageddon in the streets of atlanta.. Besides, where are all the nukes and other heavy ordenance to "contain area's" from spreading? Kinda feels like loose ends if you compare it to reality (if we can even compare a zombie serie to reality offcourse
)

I know right, In reality everything would be thrown at the Virus.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

That's why most zombie movies typically start AFTER everything goes to hell, so they don't have to explain the failure of the military or quarantine measures.

Your wrong about the Tank being trapped though, If It had enough fuel to move It will move through and over anything In Its way.

Too much of ANYTHING will mire a tank, they aren't invincible. Heck, enough bodies churned up and stuck in the wheels and treads could stop it. There are limits to everything. The WWZ book had some interesting insights too, on the failure of certain types of ordinance vs. the undead (as well as effective ordinance).

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

exactly, just like in the zombie movie where their are all trapped in a big mall! (i think it was the latest dawn of the dead?)

They modified a schoolbus which eventually got stuck in the masses of undead, or was that resident evil? I cant remember but i get your point that even a tank can't keep moving forever. Yet it would take ALOT of walking/lying corpses to render a strong tank immobile.. (more then we've seen in the series so far).

Good point to make most zombie movies start after a point where it's already downhill.. I think they did try with glympses of attempts with the will smith movie "i am legend" by trying to contain the virus on the island by blowing up bridges and everything..

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do you guys relise how much power a Tank has?
Think you would be surprised, the Zombies arnt clever enough to just all surround It to make It stop, the Tank, with sufficent fuel Is pretty much unstoppable, remember they weigh 60+tons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join