It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obamas daughter on spring break, lack of media coverage.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well I joined 6 years ago and haven't posted a lot of topics. Not even enough to start my own thread. This place is great way to realax and gain some knowledge. I wanted to

I wanted to say hello. I also wanted to expose the news media today. This is a conspiracy right under our noses and I didnt see a story on this yet. The democrat controlled news media is hiding a story of obamas daughter on spring break as we speak . yes, they told yahoo and other major news sites to remove the news story. I don;t know if it is because she has 25 secret service with her or what, but Americans are pissed at the waste of our tax dollars. Why cant they go to florida instead of Mexico. All this after they tell us not to vacation in Mexico, then they can go with 25 secret service.

www.theblaze.com...

dailycaller.com...

Can someone please start a thread on this abuse of power>?
Anyways, I love this site.

edit on 3/19/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by volcom2308

You know, I'm not surprised really. With Michelle taking lavish vacations and abusing our tax dollars, what else can we expect?

This just exposes how quickly stories across an array of websites can be pulled when the government snaps their corrupt little fingers.

S&F

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you google Malia Obama in Mexico...
Links will appear but the pages are no longer there..
What garbage this office is..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Dear volcom2308,

I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican and I don't think Obama is any different than Bush and I didn't like him either. Having said all that, even the kids of Presidents should be able to enjoy spring break without a million reporters giving them grief. The kids didn't run for office and get enough abuse. Lets try and remember that wherever his kids go, they have unpaid public and private events to attend as representatives of our nation. We can afford to give them that because they will have to listen to people complain about their father for the rest of their lives and didn't do anything to earn that.

Recently Chelsea Clinton got some job on a television show, some said that she didn't do well enough, I wouldn't know as I don't watch television; but, I have never seen a young girl have to put up with more garbage than she did. She was called ugly, made fun of and had to live the public humiliation of her father and another woman. I don't mind her getting a show for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Didn't JFK had 25 secret service around him an his family on vacation to long island and other plus in theN.E?
Why all the fuss about Obama?

Someone hurts his daughter(s), and your president will act irrationally. Then who knows?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I hate to say this but with Obama signing bills like the NDAA, the Trespass Law, Enemy Expatriation Act, and his controversial power grab in the National Defense Preparedness Order.... I couldn't care less about where his daughter is going for vacation. The man has absolutely decimated our Constitution in the last few months!!

As for these sites removing their stories, I'm sure it's for security. "Hey everyone, let's tell the enemies of our President where his daughter is at so they can *insert crime*..." It's really not important. But it would bother me if the Obama's are all vacationing on our tax dollars.

Still though, this is a very distant 2nd to the other things Obama should be in the news for.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think there are attempts to delete this post. Normally a refresh just well..refreshes.
Now I get a brief white screen.

The above post is correct in the children are innocent and that Chelsea had a hard time. But...this is news and should be reported.

And the fact that the news has disappeared is even Bigger news. Wipe out a news story just because you can? And why can you?
So much for the illusion of news actually being fairly reported to us peons.

edit on 19-3-2012 by MissPoovey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Quite odd that its been pulled down from everywhere, its funny coz there is actually a story on yahoo about the stories being taken down from various websites and yahoo even shows a pic of its own website where the story was up and now has been taken down lol. Even if its been removed you can still see the stories and where they are staying etc so who knows why they took it down, unless its just to not advertise the fact that US tax dollars are paying for a spring break vacation that is probably costing more than most people make in a decade :/ no wonder people in the US are p!ssed off.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What is wrong with you posters!
Stupid stories about where Malia is spring breaking,
is exactly why she needs Secret Service.

Why do y'all care?
You really think there are extreme lavish
Obama vacations going on your dime?

Diversify your news gathering outlets.
The ones you listen to are obviously
filling your day with a thing called "Diversion".

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Pat Dollard posted it to his website. The original article on his site came from The Telegraph. If you click on the telegraph link it will take you to a 404 page saying it cannot find the article. Yeah, it may be the presidents daughter but what happened to free speech.

patdollard.com...

The Telegraph: Barack Obama's eldest daughter is spending her springbreak in the historic Mexican city of Oaxaca in the company of 12 friends - and 25 Secret Service agents. he US President's 13-year-old daughter Malia is staying at a downtown hotel in the city famous for its colonial architecture and well-preserved native American traditions.

edit on 19/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Are you upset that there are secret service watching over her? If that's the case it isn't a big deal IMO. Do you propose the kids never leave the white house grounds?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
Pat Dollard posted it to his website. The original article on his site came from The Telegraph. If you click on the telegraph link it will take you to a 404 page saying it cannot find the article. Yeah, it may be the presidents daughter but what happened to free speech.

patdollard.com...

The Telegraph: Barack Obama's eldest daughter is spending her springbreak in the historic Mexican city of Oaxaca in the company of 12 friends - and 25 Secret Service agents. he US President's 13-year-old daughter Malia is staying at a downtown hotel in the city famous for its colonial architecture and well-preserved native American traditions.

edit on 19/3/12 by usmc0311 because: added link

Interesting, when I google Oaxaca I see a lot of references to Salvia divinorum...

I wonder, what would happen to Obama, or his wife, or his daughters if they saved the tax payer money and went without the protection??? I suppose they should just stay locked up in the white house, forever...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

I don't really care what the presidents children or wife does. I just saw the thread and I saw the article a few minutes earlier so I thought I would bring it forward. It doesn't matter anyway because nothing we say and do will change their lifestyle. I think people just get burned when they see these lavish vacations and they themselves haven't had a vacation in years, that's all. If the economy wasn't in the state that it is, this would not be an issue for as many people.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

For what its worth when it comes to children and politics the media tries to leave them alone, which is to say they do a story on one of the first children and are then threatened by the President staff to leave them alone. The same thing occurred during Bush's time in the White House as well as with Chelsie Clinton.

Obama is the person we get to criticize as he is the public official. His wife and children should be left out of it as they are nothing more than victims of circumstance. As much as Obama annoys me, taking it out on his wife and children make no sense.

A former President described the Office of the President as the crown jewel of the American penal system. You literally become a hostage, not being able to do anything without armed guards or a motorcade. Now take that and apply it to the wife and children, whose lives are even worse being their friends have to undergo background checks just to play with their friends.

I have no issues holding Obama accountable as he is our elected leader. However his wife and children should be off limits. They lost their father and their lives the moment Obama was elected and in that process lost their freedom as well. You can either go on vacation or be held captive in the White House. I'm willing to cut the wife and kids slack knowing what they have to deal with, especially the kids. Being a kid is awkward enough as it is. Factor in the fact your the Presidents child and it becomes an entirely different experience.
edit on 20-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Why did I not see this kind of a fuss when George Bush & Cheney were taking hunting trips and month long vacations in 08 when the Economy was tanking?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I'm sure the press wasn't notified for security reasons. That makes sense. As long as they pay for their own vacation ... but I understand your being upset with the amount of tax money they have to spend in addition to their own every time they 'vacation'. It is obnoxious.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Every President and former president has secret service agents around them 24/7

This includes their family as well, it's just not limited to Obama.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
So the media should follow this bs instead of something serious? This is not news, and if you think it is than go watch 'entertainment tonight' or maybe some MTV news junk. Someones on vacation...ok so? Much more important things going on in the world...pretty much EVERYTHING else is more important.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The same ones that worry about this did not give a damn about what Jenna and Barbara Bush were doing on the public dime.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
wait, shouldn't her mother be with her?, last I read her Mom Michelle is having dinner with Beyonce in New York.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join