It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Kevlar thread (invented 1965) have been used to fake the lunar landings?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
On another thread, someone said 'yeah but how did they hide the wires with 1970's technology'

Then I remembered in a gadget shop seeing the Kevlar thread flying saucer trick..

www.youtube.com...

The manufacturer of Kevlar, DuPont had a close relationship with NASA which extends to present day.

"Space Age developments, 1950 to 1970
After the war, DuPont continued its emphasis on new materials, developing Mylar, Dacron, Orlon and Lycra in the 1950s, and Tyvek, Nomex, Qiana, Corfam and Corian in the 1960s. DuPont materials were critical to the success of the Apollo Project of the United States space program."

en.wikipedia.org...

So is the mystery of the invisible wires finally solved?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great theory and all except..

Well, we landed on the moon. No kevlar strings needed.

Next!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Or, maybe, just maybe, they actually went to the moon.
Or, maybe the moon isn't even real, and Earth sits on the back of a giant tortoise, held on by Kevlar string. It could happen, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by magmaiura

On another thread, someone said 'yeah but how did they hide the wires with 1970's technology'

Then I remembered in a gadget shop seeing the Kevlar thread flying saucer trick..

www.youtube.com...

The manufacturer of Kevlar, DuPont had a close relationship with NASA which extends to present day.

"Space Age developments, 1950 to 1970
After the war, DuPont continued its emphasis on new materials, developing Mylar, Dacron, Orlon and Lycra in the 1950s, and Tyvek, Nomex, Qiana, Corfam and Corian in the 1960s. DuPont materials were critical to the success of the Apollo Project of the United States space program."

en.wikipedia.org...

So is the mystery of the invisible wires finally solved?

No.

Simply because you are assuming something in the first place: that the moon landing was faked.

Your logic follows this line here:

"Elephants are grey. Therefore everything grey is an elephant."

Kevlar thread existed at that time. NASA had relations with the company that could manufacture this thread. Therefore, QED, the moon landings were faked.

That's like saying: You have a spark plug. That one works in a car. Therefore you must own a Corvette.

Which I don't. I own a Ford Explorer.
edit on 19-3-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are you guys serious? I thought everyone was over the fact we didn't land on the moon.

Lets get into the interesting stuff of when we will go and if it is possible.

The second space race we be used in the same way as the last one, China racing ahead.. The US trailing behind.

History repeats itself.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It has been a common argument used time and time again, where are the wires ? I seek only to deal with this question, they are invisible because they are using Kevlar thread.

So I think the Kevlar thread possibility is very interesting. It is non-reflective and ideal for the purpose of dangling astronauts.

edit on 19-3-2012 by magmaiura because: more info

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It is a possibility for sure, it would make sense for those of us whom don't buy into the moon thing.
I believe that our technologies are announce way after the fact they exist and I also believe that we are being lied to in a constant manner.

Here I offer myself to the Moon believers ..........I don't think we ever set foot on the moon and I do think China will prove so.
Pure and simple speculation on my part here but I do believe what I type here.

S&F To the OP.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Are you guys serious? I thought everyone was over the fact we didn't land on the moon.

Lets get into the interesting stuff of when we will go and if it is possible.

The second space race we be used in the same way as the last one, China racing ahead.. The US trailing behind.

History repeats itself.

You see? You and the other Moon Hoaxers do the same thing over and over again.

You come up with something to prove that the moon landings were a hoax.
People show you that your idea is wrong / flawed / inaccurate / or just down right wrong.
So you ignore it by: jumping to something else, or repeating the same thing over and over like a broken record.

YOU brought up the kevlar thread (never mind that there are literally THOUSANDS of uses for it). YOU put forth a theory that the thread was "wire" used to fake things.
YOUR only evidence is the fact that a company with relations with NASA manufactured it (the thread).

You have NOT produced any evidence that shows this thread was being used in the way you think it was used. You instead are trying to prove something through association only.

Again your argument will NOT work: A man owns a gun: therefore he has murdered someone.

Epic Fail.

Try again.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

If a guy gets shot in an alley away from all witnesses, and the victim is found with bullet casings on the floor, investigators will use every piece of evidence they can find. They will take the bullet casings, find the nearest gun shops, find what kind of gun uses those bullets, and that can lead to so many different possibilities - the gun shop owners do tend to remember who they sell guns to, as they spend a great deal of time talking with them.

In most cases, they will be able to narrow it down or even pinpoint the suspect.

All that is being done here, is narrowing down the possibilities, in order to find the truth. If nothing amounts to sufficient evidence, the suspect is innocent - until proven guilty. NASA is found to have ties with this company, and so it seems that they may have POSSIBLY used Kevlar thread in SOME way, other wise why team up with them? Why didn't NASA team up with a China Tea Pot company, instead?

This logic is perfectly fine, and if you have a problem with it, I hope you can propose a better idea.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It is more specific than you are giving it credit for, we now have a credible material for the invisable wires and a proven relationship with the company that developed them. In this context invisible wires are solved and fact.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by magmaiura

How did Kevlar thread put the reflector on the moon (that I have personally verified by shining a laser at & observing the reflection through a telescope. Normally this would be for measuring the round trip time, to get the distance from the Earth's surface to the Moon's surface, but we were just happy to see the reflection).

Or is the premise that the moon shots were faked, just BS?

We have evidence (moon rocks) that they brought back. Evidence of stuff that they left there. Pictures and movies taken on the moon. A history of space flight and space probes, not just from one country, but from several, some who were enemies and would love to discredit each other. Not to mention the recorded histories and impressions of the tens of thousands of technicians, scientists and workers involved in the Apollo (and similar) missions.

You figure it out.

edit on 19/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

All that is being done here, is narrowing down the possibilities, in order to find the truth

The truth is we went to the moon, we landed on the moon, NASA was the organization that did that, more than once.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Simple. Unmanned probe, the Russians landed one on the moon 1959. Anything that could have been placed by an unmanned probe can be ruled out as evidence

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

If a guy gets shot in an alley away from all witnesses, and the victim is found with bullet casings on the floor, investigators will use every piece of evidence they can find. They will take the bullet casings, find the nearest gun shops, find what kind of gun uses those bullets, and that can lead to so many different possibilities - the gun shop owners do tend to remember who they sell guns to, as they spend a great deal of time talking with them.

In most cases, they will be able to narrow it down or even pinpoint the suspect.

All that is being done here, is narrowing down the possibilities, in order to find the truth. If nothing amounts to sufficient evidence, the suspect is innocent - until proven guilty. NASA is found to have ties with this company, and so it seems that they may have POSSIBLY used Kevlar thread in SOME way, other wise why team up with them? Why didn't NASA team up with a China Tea Pot company, instead?

This logic is perfectly fine, and if you have a problem with it, I hope you can propose a better idea.

You sir, have said it yourself:

" If nothing amounts to sufficient evidence, the suspect is innocent - until proven guilty. "

The charge being that NASA faked the moon landings. The burden of proof lies with you all.

Your example, there is literally tangible evidence that can be analyzed. A relationship with a company that makes a product (a product that is used in fabrics and equipment used by NASA btw) is not tangible evidence.
It does show a trail.
But you actually NEED something to show that it was used: IE a piece of this thread.
And you need to show that it was used that way.

Anything else is just theory, and high speculation. It simply does not prove anything at all.

A bullet casing on the other hand, yes, does, because you actually have something in your hands that can be used and analyzed.

Go get a piece of this thread and then proceed from there.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by magmaiura

Raw Kevlar is a fluorescent yellow color. Wikipedia link

How is this invisible?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Incorrect, the burden of proof lies on the one who makes the claim. I don't really know how you could say it lies on those who oppose this idea - it's as ridiculous as a Christian telling an Atheist that the burden of proof lies on the Atheist to prove that God doesn't exist. Anyone who makes that statement would be ridiculed and laughed at.

I'm also in no way in favor of this idea of threads, in case you were assuming I was, but I simply believe that it's a step towards the right mode of thinking. To question our beliefs no matter the cost, especially since the source of the "proof" has been known to lie again and again, and again, and again.. and again.

Besides, reasonable doubt still exists; even if it's different for everyone, I personally have reasonable doubt that we didn't land on the moon, just as you have reasonable doubt that they would lie about it.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by chr0naut

Simple. Unmanned probe, the Russians landed one on the moon 1959. Anything that could have been placed by an unmanned probe can be ruled out as evidence

Have you seen the latest pictures of the landing site, showing all the equipment spread out at significant distances from the module base.

How did they do that?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

Incorrect, the burden of proof lies on the one who makes the claim. I don't really know how you could say it lies on those who oppose this idea - it's as ridiculous as a Christian telling an Atheist that the burden of proof lies on the Atheist to prove that God doesn't exist. Anyone who makes that statement would be ridiculed and laughed at.

I'm also in no way in favor of this idea of threads, in case you were assuming I was, but I simply believe that it's a step towards the right mode of thinking. To question our beliefs no matter the cost, especially since the source of the "proof" has been known to lie again and again, and again, and again.. and again.

Besides, reasonable doubt still exists; even if it's different for everyone, I personally have reasonable doubt that we didn't land on the moon, just as you have reasonable doubt that they would lie about it.

Because as a Christian, God requires you to have faith with no proof. That is religion.

The United States of America put a man on the moon, aired it on live TV, and the majority of the world believes it. It was an event.

Saying that they faked it, is an accusation. Those that believe that the event was true will want proof of that accusation.

And yes, kevlar does look like that. I've worked with enough of it to know. Fiber Optic cables use kevlar threads. This is so we can pull the lines inside conduits. If the kevlar wasn't there, we'd break the fiber optic cable quite easily. It has an almost oily feel to it. You can cut it quite easily with a knife, and it melts with a lighter.

Can you hang a grown man wearing a space suit weighing almost 300 pounds with it? Sure. But it's going to need to have a diameter of about 0.08 inches or more (I'd say more, as you don't want it parting).
Will lights reflect off of it? Oh yes, it most certainly will.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This is as ridiculous as the guy that said duct tape doesn't work in space.

Though he couldn't prove why.

How did they hide all of the crane shadows? How did they use wires on those long shots, with the astronauts in the distance. How did they fake the rover, in the distance, how did they have the rover dust fly in prefect ballistic trajectories. Can't tie all the dust to wires. LOL!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Unshielded Kevlar thread degrades fast in the the amount of UV the sun produces-and that is on Earth.

With the lack of atmospheric layers on the moon,Kevlar would degrade and lose its strength much faster than on Earth due to much higher levels of solar UV light,and thus would be a poor choice of material IMHO.

Of course,if you were to protect the Kevlar with a UV reflective polymer coating,then it may be possible to retain its properties even on the Moon.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join