It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK intoduces new Royal Navy uniform

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I think the new uniforms look spiffy! The world cannot end if the Brits have just got new clothes now can it? Bit reassuring that.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
And it shall be painted in blood whence they land in afghanistan. Those uniforms are the uniforms of oppressors. I have never understood why the guards of the queen were red...maybe its because of their satanic bloody worship.

The red uniform tunic was originally worn in the hope that fresh blood would not show on the red tunic, and 'unnerve'the troops wearing it.
Cannot understand what satan has to do with red uniforms,.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

reply to post by Justwork

Didn't we rescue you in WW2 from the Germans?

The Americans only joined in once they new the Brits had a fighting chance, and of course, once the Japs made the yanks kick start their economy, and the Brits had to pay for every tank, plane, and bullit, even those that did not get delivered.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Do we really need to bring Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this? You killed at least 200,000 innocent people in those attacks, but since Americans don't have a problem killing innocent people for no reason, the 4,000+ people you also killed through years of funding and arming the IRA slots nicely into the huge ammount of bodies you are responsible for.

No, we don't need to bring Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this, but apparently you feel the need to backtrack since it was proven your previous statement was idiotic.

Now instead of "at least we don't kill civilians!!!" it's "well at least we haven't killed more than you!!"

I'm sorry, that certainly makes you so much better!!

PS. remember Pearl Harbor?? They shouldn't have messed with us, and should have surrendered when given the ultimatum to either do that or face prompt and utter destruction.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The English Navy would have been better keeping the old uniform and buying Arleigh Burkes instead.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Sorry, might be me being stupid but I don't quite get this - but no doubt it is yet another attempt at having a sly, gallic dig at The Royal Navy which as you are more than aware of is The British Navy.

Whilst failing to understand your gallic humour your bigotted anti-English agenda and posting is becoming very tedious and predictable.
edit on 19/3/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Oh do go away, you dreadful little troll. You haunt me like a ghost.

All this crapola about uniforms ? Uniforms worn on the Type 45 ? The most useless ship in OTAN ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Who is "we"?
Where you deployed in WWII?
I also thought that you were from Russia. Back on topic.
I think they look as sharp as any other uniform. The Royal Navy is a group of strong, talented, perseverant and dedicated Men and Women.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Just trying to understand your gallic humour.....what has a deceased American admiral have to do with anything?

Uniforms change all the time....otherwise our Seamen would be sailing around the world looking like something out of Hornblower......not the most practical of uniforms.

Perhaps if you ceased with your tedious blatantly anti-English agenda and bigotry there would be no reason for me to highlight it and we would be able to enter into reasoned and respectful debate.....quite a novel and pleasant idea don't you think?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Arleigh Burke is a class of destroyer, you ignoramus.

Most people think the English ... and French ... navies should've looked favorably on the Arleigh Burke design, mainly because it's a very flexible platform and more affordable than the Type 45 on which this new uniform is being tested.

I'm suggesting the English Navy ought to get it's priorities right ... by choosing a better ship rather than fussing about uniforms.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Arleigh Burke is a class of destroyer, you ignoramus.

I don't know.....personal insults, tut tut....good job I'm thick skinned and have broad shoulders and really find crap and unoriginal insults like that quite humorous.

Anyway.....I know that.....but it's named after a real life American Admiral who is actually quite famous and was highly repsected.

And it's obvious you have relatively little experience of such matters; I assure you, uniform and their fit for purpose are vitally important to all military personnel.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I was deployed as a sperm cell, and I am an american. I was not born at the time.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I know when you're waffling crap, your grammar and spelling "go to pot".

Go to bed.

Wiederseh'n.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You crack me up....your response is an observation about a typo.
Have you nothing more substantial to offer or perhaps just more crap, predictable, boring and ineffectual insults?

All I initially intended was to understand your first post in this thread.

Unfortunately you couldn't just simply explain your reasoning and you had to provoke and antagonise as usual.

The simple truth of the matter is that uniforms continually change and develop and are vitally important to service personnel.

Why people would want to turn a thread such as this into an opportunity to rant about WWII or to further their personal anti-UK agenda is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

Oh do go away, you dreadful little troll. You haunt me like a ghost.

All this crapola about uniforms ? Uniforms worn on the Type 45 ? The most useless ship in OTAN ?

The Type 45 is the most advanced and modern anti air defence ship in operation anywhere on earth. This is a simple fact that has been proven. Your opinions are not valid.

Could be worse though. We could have gone to another nation to design the two new supercarriers we have under construction. Oh, wait! France did just that!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Boring, heard it all before. Yawn. So predictable.

To topic. The UK armed forces go through all sorts of evolutionary uniform changes. The army has new kit and contrary to the post above by “loves a conspiricy” the UK armed forces are well equipped at the moment with a few no-expense-spared changes in recent years. Prove me I am wrong.

I think the new naval kit looks good and the UK has used a UK supplier, so not all bad.

Regards

Don't you think it is absolutely hilarious when the americans talk about saving people, they couldn't even save themselves in Pearl Harbour or 9/11

The media love to make a song and dance about how underequipped our forces our, hopefully this uniform will be the start of a big modernisation program.

Are Pearl Harbor and 9/11 funny to you

Im a United States Marine and we share the utmost respect for the Royal Marines even train with them.

If the US didn't enter WW2 England would have been invaded and most likely overrun.

The fact that you laugh at the deaths of people is one of the most disrespectful things ever.

Hey guys dont you think that Hillsborough was funny or how about Piper Alpha, if you dont know what they are look them up

[url=http://listverse.com/2009/05/17/10-british-disasters-from-recent-times/]http://listverse.com/2009/05/17/10-british-disasters-from-recent-times/[/ url]

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

Originally posted by paraphi

Boring, heard it all before. Yawn. So predictable.

To topic. The UK armed forces go through all sorts of evolutionary uniform changes. The army has new kit and contrary to the post above by “loves a conspiricy” the UK armed forces are well equipped at the moment with a few no-expense-spared changes in recent years. Prove me I am wrong.

I think the new naval kit looks good and the UK has used a UK supplier, so not all bad.

Regards

Don't you think it is absolutely hilarious when the americans talk about saving people, they couldn't even save themselves in Pearl Harbour or 9/11

The media love to make a song and dance about how underequipped our forces our, hopefully this uniform will be the start of a big modernisation program.

Are Pearl Harbor and 9/11 funny to you

Im a United States Marine and we share the utmost respect for the Royal Marines even train with them.

If the US didn't enter WW2 England would have been invaded and most likely overrun.

The fact that you laugh at the deaths of people is one of the most disrespectful things ever.

Hey guys dont you think that Hillsborough was funny or how about Piper Alpha, if you dont know what they are look them up

[url=http://listverse.com/2009/05/17/10-british-disasters-from-recent-times/]http://listverse.com/2009/05/17/10-british-disasters-from-recent-times/[/ url]

Once again, an American not having a basic understanding of history. The UK would never have been invaded because we destroyed the luftwaffe's attempts to gain air superiority, this was a year before you entered the war. Following on from this, the Germans then attempted to invade the USSR and as we know, that was their final mistake.

Where in history, have you ever "saved" us?

And we need to stop this training with the Americans rubbish, you people funded terror against my country for years. You are at best, an adversary nation.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

And it shall be painted in blood whence they land in afghanistan. Those uniforms are the uniforms of oppressors. I have never understood why the guards of the queen were red...maybe its because of their satanic bloody worship.

Well at least our soldiers don't go around abusing animals and shooting up innocent Afghan civilians, which is more than can be said for your joke of a nation and military.

Oh yes, you guys are perfect little angels!

Revenge attack on Iraqi civilian by British troops

British troops murder numerous Iraqi civilians

British troops torture and kill Iraqi civilians

British Army war crimes

Civilians killed by UK armed forces, including 8 year old little girl

British troops exposed killing Iraqi civilians

Mounting evidence of British war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan

British soldiers allegedly shot or bombed Afghan civilians, including women and children, on 21 different occasions

Stop pretending your # don't stink, and keep your retarded comments to yourself or you'll just keep getting owned.

Do we really need to bring Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this? You killed at least 200,000 innocent people in those attacks, but since Americans don't have a problem killing innocent people for no reason, the 4,000+ people you also killed through years of funding and arming the IRA slots nicely into the huge ammount of bodies you are responsible for.

You realize that if the US did not bomb Hiroshima or Nagasaki that the American and British forces were going to invade mainland Japan, and that the invasion would have suffered casualties in the millions. In bombing Japan millions of lives were saved. It happens in war. get over yourself. Im assuming you don't even know what the Japanese did to the countries they took over right.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I know what the Battle of Britain was and understand that yes you beat the Luftwaffe back, you in now way destoryed them.

The only reason Hitler invaded Russia was because he didn't control the skies over England. That was in 1940, the war last for another 5 years.

Whose to say that if the US didn't get involved that Hitler wouldn't have again tried to Invade England?

Operation SeaLion was Hitlers first plan to invade.

You need to stop training with American Rubbish Huh, well my dickhead friend Royal Marines and USMC fight alongside one another in Afganistan and when we were in Iraq, I would take a bullet for one of my brothers in arms any time and I would also take one for a Royal Marine because we have so much respect for one another.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by caf1550

I know what the Battle of Britain was and understand that yes you beat the Luftwaffe back, you in now way destoryed them.

The only reason Hitler invaded Russia was because he didn't control the skies over England. That was in 1940, the war last for another 5 years.

Whose to say that if the US didn't get involved that Hitler wouldn't have again tried to Invade England?

Operation SeaLion was Hitlers first plan to invade.

You need to stop training with American Rubbish Huh, well my dickhead friend Royal Marines and USMC fight alongside one another in Afganistan and when we were in Iraq, I would take a bullet for one of my brothers in arms any time and I would also take one for a Royal Marine because we have so much respect for one another.

"Who's to say?" is the weakest argument possible. It doesn't matter what could have happened, because it didn't. It also couldn't have happened, because the USSR defeated the Germans, and pushed them back into Germany. At this point, I fail to see how any invasion of anywhere would have been possible, since they had to use everything they still had, alongside children and old people to attempt to fight off the Soviets.

In other words, you didn't "save" anyone.

Yes, we need to suspend all diplomatic relations, we need to scrap all military treaties, and we need to withdraw from any conflict where we are in support of the US. Once that's done, you can have your Tridents back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join