It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK intoduces new Royal Navy uniform

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The Royal Navy has introduced a new versatile unifrom suitable for high temperature locations. was tested on HMS Westminster HMS Daring Type 45 destroyer both in MIddle East and a trafalgar class (nuclear) submarine (will take a guess somewhere around Middle East). The uniform is now being launched across the fleet. Just in time for some action (?)....

www.royalnavy.mod.uk...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
And it shall be painted in blood whence they land in afghanistan. Those uniforms are the uniforms of oppressors. I have never understood why the guards of the queen were red...maybe its because of their satanic bloody worship.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I have never understood why the guards of the queen were red...maybe its because of their satanic bloody worship.

Tradition (red coats), they wore red back in the day because red was the cheapest dye

It seems our forces are now being equipped to work in warmer climates....its a shame they cant put the money to good use, like equipping the soldiers already out on the front line with the right gear!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
And it shall be painted in blood whence they land in afghanistan. Those uniforms are the uniforms of oppressors. I have never understood why the guards of the queen were red...maybe its because of their satanic bloody worship.

Well at least our soldiers don't go around abusing animals and shooting up innocent Afghan civilians, which is more than can be said for your joke of a nation and military.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

Didn't we rescue you in WW2 from the Germans?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Well at least our soldiers don't go around abusing animals and shooting up innocent Afghan civilians, which is more than can be said for your joke of a nation and military.

why don't we keep it civil. im sure the brits have had their hand in rape and pillage as well.

nobody is innocent

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

No, you didn't. We did that ourselves a whole year before you even came into the situation, research the Battle of Britain.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Boring, heard it all before. Yawn. So predictable.

To topic. The UK armed forces go through all sorts of evolutionary uniform changes. The army has new kit and contrary to the post above by “loves a conspiricy” the UK armed forces are well equipped at the moment with a few no-expense-spared changes in recent years. Prove me I am wrong.

I think the new naval kit looks good and the UK has used a UK supplier, so not all bad.

Regards

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Boring, heard it all before. Yawn. So predictable.

To topic. The UK armed forces go through all sorts of evolutionary uniform changes. The army has new kit and contrary to the post above by “loves a conspiricy” the UK armed forces are well equipped at the moment with a few no-expense-spared changes in recent years. Prove me I am wrong.

I think the new naval kit looks good and the UK has used a UK supplier, so not all bad.

Regards

Don't you think it is absolutely hilarious when the americans talk about saving people, they couldn't even save themselves in Pearl Harbour or 9/11

The media love to make a song and dance about how underequipped our forces our, hopefully this uniform will be the start of a big modernisation program.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My question is why a simple thread about new royal navy uniforms turned into personal attacks? I do forget I'm on ATS at times.

Btw I would have been excited when I was still enlisted to be presented with a new uniform.

edit on 19-3-2012 by Pegasus2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Wow newsflash, 'murderers get some new threads'! Why would anyone in their right mind care about this?

If the army was truly for protecting our borders they would have my full respect, however, that is not the case!

I wonder if the ministry of defense ever found the 6.9 billion worth of equipment they "lost"?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

The army has new kit and contrary to the post above by “loves a conspiricy” the UK armed forces are well equipped at the moment with a few no-expense-spared changes in recent years. Prove me I am wrong.

ooooooooooooooooook

'Coffins on wheels' - why did MoD get it wrong so often?

British troops are not being equipped with patrol vehicles designed with V-shaped hulls to deflect the blast of roadside bombs, or IEDs, such as that which last week destroyed the Warrior in Helmand.

That was just 2 weeks ago.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yeah man! Lets poor even more stolen money into the never ending pit! It's ok though because if we run out of stolen money we can just get a loan then steal it off future generations! Awesome idea!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

No, you're right, your military doesn't do that because the one's that want to are allowed to have all the fun they want in your country terrorizing every civilian they want as they walk down the street... police

Don't try to air someone else' dirty laundry when you have plenty of it yourself. In other words, every country in the world is a joke right now. Our global economy and social structures are failing by design and the only thing people can do is criticize each others countries instead of look at the problems they have in their own.

ON TOPIC: The uniforms look nice and light. They definitely have a similarity to the current ones the USNAVY use. I don't like the big red patch however as I don't think it fits well with the rest of the uniform.

There is no conspiracy of the uniforms being in use. It has been some time since they have updated their uniforms in the Royal Navy much like the U.S. went a long time without updating theirs.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Oh yes, you guys are perfect little angels!

Revenge attack on Iraqi civilian by British troops

British troops murder numerous Iraqi civilians

British troops torture and kill Iraqi civilians

British Army war crimes

Civilians killed by UK armed forces, including 8 year old little girl

British troops exposed killing Iraqi civilians

Mounting evidence of British war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan

British soldiers allegedly shot or bombed Afghan civilians, including women and children, on 21 different occasions

Stop pretending your # don't stink, and keep your retarded comments to yourself or you'll just keep getting owned.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This thread gets my vote for march's "quickest deterioration into chaos and bad blood" award.

It's been a pleasure to read. / sarcasm off.

Just wow.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So the best trained Navy in the world gets new uniform and people think "Wow, must be the start of WW3" (he says tongue in cheek).

Maybe Jeff your neighbour but one bought a new side arm so he's going to shoot someone

Seriously, having clothes that are layered and footwear that can be quickly put on is hardly a combat indicator for pending doom.

And as for the negatives about the British Armed Forces go get a life. Least OUR empire lasted a lot longer than yours, eww mud slinging

edit on 19/3/12 by Dark Vengeance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Oh yes, you guys are perfect little angels!

Revenge attack on Iraqi civilian by British troops

British troops murder numerous Iraqi civilians

British troops torture and kill Iraqi civilians

British Army war crimes

Civilians killed by UK armed forces, including 8 year old little girl

British troops exposed killing Iraqi civilians

Mounting evidence of British war crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan

British soldiers allegedly shot or bombed Afghan civilians, including women and children, on 21 different occasions

Stop pretending your # don't stink, and keep your retarded comments to yourself or you'll just keep getting owned.

Do we really need to bring Hiroshima and Nagasaki into this? You killed at least 200,000 innocent people in those attacks, but since Americans don't have a problem killing innocent people for no reason, the 4,000+ people you also killed through years of funding and arming the IRA slots nicely into the huge ammount of bodies you are responsible for.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Those uniforms are an interesting shade of blue, guess its camoflauged with water when they swim after their ships get sunk

OK oK, enough joking around.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Those uniforms are an interesting shade of blue, guess its camoflauged with water when they swim after their ships get sunk

OK oK, enough joking around.

Probably sunk because your useless armed forces mistook it for an Iranian fighter jet and decided to not use their brains.

During Desert Storm in 1991, Jarrett was involved in a friendly fire incident with the Iowa-class battleship Missouri. Allegedly, Jarrett’s Phalanx engaged the chaff fired by Missouri as a countermeasure against two incoming Iraqi Silkworm missiles (also known as a Seersucker). Some stray Phalanx rounds struck Missouri, one of which penetrated a bulkhead and embedded in an interior passageway of the ship. Another round struck the ship on the forward funnel passing completely through it. One sailor aboard Missouri was struck in the neck by some flying shrapnel and suffered minor injuries. Some are skeptical of this account, however, as Jarrett was reportedly over two miles away at the time and the characteristics of chaff are such that a Phalanx normally would not regard it as a threat and engage it. There is no dispute that the rounds that struck Missouri were fired by the Jarrett and that it was an accident. It is possible that a Phalanx operator on Jarrett may have accidentally fired some rounds manually. However, no evidence to support this theory has ever been discovered.[1] One of the Iraqi Silkworm missiles crashed into the sea without being intercepted. The other - heading towards USS Missouri - was successfully intercepted by a British Sea Dart missile fired by HMS Gloucester.

en.wikipedia.org...

Good job we were there. As we always seem to be.
edit on 19-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join