It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Know What Stars/Planets These Are?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

If your using a Droid get Google sky.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
lol.. I was about to open a thread about this. I always look up in the sky at night when I'm letting my dog out and I never see stars at the west side but indeed like 2 weeks ago I saw those two bright lights, one much brighter than the other.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by yadda333

Your screen shot shows that your location is set to Paris.

You should post the exact time of your pictures and what direction you were facing. (I'm curious how everyone has said it is Jupiter and Venus without knowing the time and direction)

edit on 3/19/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

He did say he took the pictures tonight!
edit on 19-3-2012 by wmd_2008 because: line added

What time "tonight"?

And again, he posted a stellarium screen shot with a time input of midnight. Was this simply a mistake? Probably was, but I'd rather not make assumptions

Well they look quite high up in the sky in the pictures and they look like what I have been watching as well so it was a safe bet!

Now as venus is so bright and there are other post etc on net re these 2 objects and as saturn or spica are no were near a bright as venus again its a safe bet! not an assumption.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

The top one is Aires (star) and the bottom one is Jupiter (planet) that is according to the Star Walk app on my iphone.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

The top one is Aires (star) and the bottom one is Jupiter (planet) that is according to the Star Walk app on my iphone.

Wrong the top object looks a lot brighter than Sirius (the brightest star in the sky) its venus and jupiter.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by type0civ

If your using a Droid get Google sky.

Came here to post that, google sky is so awesome, you'll never be bored again, and you'll learn a lot about celestial objects.

here's al ink to the android market: play.google.com... (it's free)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join