It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Know What Stars/Planets These Are?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hey guys i just moved into a new apartment in Danvers MA, and for the past 2 weeks Ive seen these two 'stars' next to each other and i seem like the only person to care lol. could be nothing but i took some pics with my droid x tonight. i appreciate any info.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Venus and Jupiter... yeah a week ago they were next to each other, now they are spread apart... I dont know which is which though haha...

From spaceweather.com from 3/14

edit on 18-3-2012 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Antz2xplicit

I saw them earlier whilst taking my bins out from work!hit a friend square in the face ¬¬/

Not saying there out of the ordinary,but rather,different,asin i dont think ive seem then before O_o

Not saying they are though!..just possibilty..ok im draggin now..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Venus and Jupiter, they have been very close together the last few weeks and follow the sun. They are the first visible stars in the east

link   
i just went out on my balcony to take more pictures but they shifted to the other side of my building ill take more tomorrow.

link   
Upper one is Venus, lower one is Jupiter.

Nice pix!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Saint Exupery

ehh not too bad for a droid x and the caffeine shakes

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone... very cool to know

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Just download stellarium

2nd

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

i use Google sky map, the only thing i think those apps are good for is spinning around in circles and trying to find Uranus lol

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's the Aliens coming to rescue us.

Isn't freaky when they keep looking at you.

There's your eyes in the sky. TPTB

edit on 18-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by drneville

just tried Stellarium and it seems it may be Saturn and Spica,

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Sure, just crush are dreams with Stellurium.

Sure it's saying Saturn and Spica, but in reality,

It's the 2nd moons or the mothership in cloaking.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

haha, i wouldn't doubt it. i took this video this past summer. you could hear some girl freaking out (surprised it wasn't because of the music..) because this thing was humungous and bright and then just shot off over the ocean.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Your screen shot shows that your location is set to Paris.

You should post the exact time of your pictures and what direction you were facing. (I'm curious how everyone has said it is Jupiter and Venus without knowing the time and direction)

edit on 3/19/2012 by yadda333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

Well its obviously the west as shown by the illumination of the setting sun.

The only two points of light related to each other as such in the west sky as of late that would be visible is Venus (the upper and brighter) and Jupiter ( the lower and dimmer). They have been visible this way for a few weeks now.

Also is visible the past few weeks is Mars when you look t the easterm sky. You can see it has a reddish tint.

Actually my 4 year old this evening said 'Dad look Venus is so bright tonight, and Jupiter'...teaching him right early!

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Your screen shot shows that your location is set to Paris. (I'm curious how everyone has said it is Jupiter and Venus without knowing the time and direction)

Mostly, the same scene is shown for anyone on earth, both hemispheres.
In a general sense, the two planets will be seen together in the westerly direction shortly after sunset, just as it gets dark.
Location isnt critical.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Castor and Pollux?

Maybe.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

That may well be, but the OP has also posted a screen shot from Stellarium that has added some confusion to this. It shows a southwest direction from Paris at roughly midnight our time. (maybe eastern time)

I would just like to know the facts.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I do the same thing with my two year old daughter. I was showing her tonight. She knows the names of all the planets. I gaver her a chart and taught her to say them all and she can remember which ones are which by their pictures. Kids soak up stuff so easily it is amazing. Hearing a two year old trying to pronounce Uranus is pretty funny as well.

Also OP the position of the two does look like Venus and Jupiter but I am also curious of the exact direction and time in order to be sure.
edit on 19/3/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join