It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather the world end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its clear that the earth is undergoing some very...different events.
The distribution of resources is so lop sided that the recovery would be a long one
(2% of the world's population controls 50% of the natural resources)
The government is clearly trying to take control from all of the recent laws and bills being passed.
(No freedom of speech, laws that say people missing fingers are terrorists, martial law becoming eminent)
My question is what if the world doesn't end this year?
What if we actually do have to change our ways?
What if 2012 isn't the easy fix we clearly need?
The average american uses 68 gallons of water a day. (Washing machine, Showers, Dishwasher, drinking water.)
At that rate we will be out of water by 2030.
So my question to you is
Would you rather change the way the world functions, the ways we live, or, have a catastrophic event take care of the work for you?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We as a people need to STOP relying on the "end of the world" scenarios...

or waiting on a "Saviour" to come...

...or some "Messiah",

...or imaginary characters...

because it is WE who will have to SAVE OURSELVES and make CHANGE for the better!!!

The rest is hopeless nonsense.

Reality scares many people. But thats REALITY!!
edit on 18-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
IMO I think that's why so many people jumped on board with the 2012 doomsday stuff. It's because they want the World to end and they are so focused on this date that it is making everybody just go insane. The anxiety of some of the people looking forward to the World "ending" is just staggering...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by supergod

I dont believe the World will end per say, but I do believe that this old world will be replaced with a New Earth someday. i also think that 2012 is over-hyped because of the Movie, and the fact that the Earth is like a ticking time-bomb as far as the disasters, doesn't mean it will happen this year, or just because the Mayan Calendar ends, doesn't mean it ends because they thought the Earth would end.

But since things like the New Madrid , (which I live in the kill zone), the Cascadia Subduction Zone, Yellowstone and various other things are always threatening, like the trampling of the Constitution and the trampling of citizens right's around the World, it's anyone's guess to when the New World will be ushered in, or like a lot of people say,"the end of the World."

I really think that Israel and Iran will be the start of everything that will happen soon...The kick off will be in the middle East, and that is if one of the seismic zones does not rupture beforehand...

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The only way americans are going to get off their fat lazy butt's and go take back their country is when the majority of them have been PERSONALLY affected by more than higher gas prices...and you know this.

Someone has to land the first MAJOR blow...be it a false flag, or a "crazed" gunman going from politicians house to politicians house emptying round after round into every one of the bastards until he is finally gunned down in the middle of DC.

Personally, Id prefer the latter.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by supergod

And to answer you question OP...

Would you rather change the way the world functions, the ways we live, or, have a catastrophic event take care of the work for you?

I would rather change the World for the better, although it may be a very rough road to go down, in the end the People of the World will live in Peace with one another..

I would rather the "Catastrophic Event" didn't ever happen, but like I said previously, it's just a matter of time for that. We just don't know if it's this year or a hundred years from now....

Originally posted by koder
The only way americans are going to get off their fat lazy butt's and go take back their country is when the majority of them have been PERSONALLY affected by more than higher gas prices...and you know this.

Someone has to land the first MAJOR blow...be it a false flag, or a "crazed" gunman going from politicians house to politicians house emptying round after round into every one of the bastards until he is finally gunned down in the middle of DC.

Personally, Id prefer the latter.

My first thought to your post was that you were either really young, or that you were a government troll. Most people including myself, don't want to see ANYONE getting killed. We just want our Country back. The reason you dont think Americans will ever get off their "fat lazy butts" is because "we Americans" have went above and beyond to try and get our Country back through peaceful means. Even though we keep trying peaceful means and the thread is getting thin and on the verge of snapping, it isn't broken yet.

When the thread breaks, the American People will finally stand up......

edit on 3/18/12 by kennylee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

My question is what if the world doesn't end this year?
What if we actually do have to change our ways?
What if 2012 isn't the easy fix we clearly need?

The average american uses 68 gallons of water a day [...]

This is the same thing with the "average" obese American weighing 250 lbs believing that there is is a pill to lose weight, instead of even REMOTELY thinking that the fact that he/she is fat has to do with lack of exercise or bad nutrition.

Since approx 75% of the people are dumb PLUS lazy up the wazoo, this is the reason millions of people are still believing the "infomercials" and STILL believing there must be a pill to lose weight or something they can buy for $9.00 "as seen on TV" to make a change in their life - without moving their fat ****es.

You see the principle is EXACTLY the same - it's just the scale of the problem. In one case its their body/health...in the other it's on a global level.

And to answer your actual questions:

* My question is what if the world doesn't end this year?
* What if we actually do have to change our ways?
* What if 2012 isn't the easy fix we clearly need?

What if people discover there is NO magical pill which makes them lose weight and makes them beautiful within a week? He...the answer is simple, because it only leaves two outcomes:

A) People all of a sudden realize they are dumb, lazy and ignorant...and they start to change their lives
B) Everything stays as it is, respective gets even worse.

As of this time, i have no reason to even remotely believe that A would ever occur. Instead, people getting even dumber.

Now apply this to your 2012 topic....

edit on 18-3-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join