It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Coming of Christ and the Third Temple in Jerusalem

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When Christ returns to Earth, what will become of the Roman Catholic Latin Mass?

I am coming to believe more and more that the Third Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt soon, and that the offerings and animal sacrifices as outlined in the Old Testament will resume. Already, we see the Orthodox Jews in Israel taking steps to prepare for the rebuilding of the Third Temple:

www.templeinstitute.org...
www.templeinstitute.org...

What an exciting time to be alive!

Upon His return, will Christ assume the role as Chief High Priest as well as temporal King in Jerusalem? If so, will the Latin Mass be set aside, and all Christians, Muslims, and Jews return to the prayers and liturgical rites of the Old Testament?

Will Christian churches, mosques, and synagogues be then abandoned? Will places of worship instead then become replicas of the Third Temple, with sacrificial altars in the outdoors, replica Arks of the Covenant in the Holy of Holies?

Could the Third Temple in Jerusalem be made the universal temple "template" utilized around the world for worship?

I am envisioning that when Christ returns the liturgical rites will be in Hebrew, and not Latin nor Arabic. I also envision that Christ will implement a return to the Old Testament liturgical rites in the Third Temple.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Christ will not come back..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I also envision that Christ will implement a return to the Old Testament liturgical rites in the Third Temple.

i thought jesus was about love and mercy, not quite the things of the old testament.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I am envisioning that when Christ returns the liturgical rites will be in Hebrew, and not Latin nor Arabic.

Why would these be in Hebrew? Jesus spoke Aramaic not Hebrew.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I believe the 3rd Temple is the Abomination that causes Desolation. Why? Because Jesus already built the 3rd Temple in our hearts.

The reason the 3rd temple will be the Abomination that causes Desolation is because the Son of Perdition will go into the temple and claim to be God and then sit on the mercy seat and any who do not worship him will die. The rebuilding of the Temple of Solomon and the unveiling of the Ark of the Covenant will be like poking a finger in the eye of God by rejecting his second covenant in favor of the old covenant and is a rejection of Jesus the Messiah. It will be a revival of the old religion of Judaism which is just another tradition of men and a backwards step towards going back into "babylon" the "other way to God" other than what he has sanctioned by the second covenant. Remember Jesus argued against the pharisees over the law because they turned it into nothing but tradition of men and that is all that remains.

It is true that Jesus didn't abolish the old laws, he just manifested them into himself merely by being the Living Word, the bible made flesh and who else could tell the pharisees how they should have been living by the law other than the God who created them himself? Who else would have the power to abolish or fulfill those laws but he who made them?

John 14:6

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”

New International Version (©1984)
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The only reason he is going to allow the temple to be rebuilt is to seperate the wheat from the tares. Old Yiru-Shalem (Jerusalem) gets replaced by the New Yiru-Shalem that comes down from Heaven for the millenial reign and the temple in heaven comes to earth for 1000 years. That old temple will be a work of men and Yah cares not for the works of men that can so easily be destroyed.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
And when alien disclosure comes about , what will happen to the big 3 religions when they're standing around with egg on their faces ??

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rick004

Nothing. The catholic church has already stated they cannot deny alien life once it to be found. They also support our continued scientific ventures into space, astronomy, physics and chemistry. If anything, they would then try and claim their religions to be interstellar wich is a silly idea.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012

Sez you.

The Third Temple is indeed being readied. All of the priestly garments and instruments of worship have been prepared, and flawless red heifers are being raised for sacrifice; only they won't be needed, because Christ was the final blood sacrifice.

Here's what I think will happen. The Gog/Magog War is going to devastate the Arab countries that attacked Israel, which has up to 600 nuclear weapons. In return for getting the Israelis to stop glassing Arab capitals, they will be offered a seven year peace treaty, which will include allowing them to rebuild the Temple. The Dome of the Rock may be destroyed in the war; but even if it's not, it may be in the Court of the Gentiles, which would allow the Temple to be built alongside.

How will we worship Christ when He returns? I have no idea, but I can tell you one thing; it will be with all of my heart.

edit on 3/18/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Jews followed after the Pharisees via the Talmud. The Jews of the Covenant who paid attention to the OT are now called Christians. Gentiles can join too. Talmudic Judaism may very well be the synagogues of Satan.

Here's a riddle. What is the connection between the Babylonian Talmud and Mystery Babylon. Who did Christ condemn for stoning prophets? Who is the unfaithful whore? sk0rpion has a good thread about this.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Guys, I think there is a misinterpretation that might be representing some confusion here. If what I present doesn't jive with you, that's okay - let it pass through you and take nothing from it. I'm only here to share what resonates.

If we go back to the beginning, we have Adam, Eve, and the Garden of Eden. Whether or not this is an allegory is inconsequential; the ideas are all that matter at this point. Adam and Eve are at this point under the control and influence of Yahweh who is an extremely loving, caring positive God.

Now, here's where we inject some gnosticism. If you have a problem with the idea that there may be lost truths in the non-canonical scriptures, then I think we'll probably disagree from here on out, but I believe the non-canonical scriptures were the historical equivalent of 'top secret files' our own power structures hold today. They contained knowledge that wasn't 'safe' for public consumption at the time; we think of this technologically now but back then spirituality might be considered similarly. In more than a few gnostic texts (On the Origin of the World, etc.), they speak of the hierarchy of beings above Yahweh him/itself. These texts claim the birth of our solar system as an act of creation between Yahweh and a feminine entity/being commonly called 'Pistis Sophia'. In this way, Yahweh is imprinted within all of creation on our planet; we are derivative of his template.

Now - back to the story - we have Adam and Eve just chillin in the garden. Here's where we hit the logic gap if we don't consider a hierarchy over Yahweh himself; how was Satan able to deceive and earn his place unless it was either allowed by Yahweh himself OR mandated upon him from above? Now, according to many of the non-canonical scriptures, the latter is the reason Satan came and was given dominion over us; Yahweh's planet of super love and rainbows wasn't helping the souls grow in any way. They didn't have to make any moral decisions because everything was set up for us to do nothing but succeed. Therefore, Pistis Sophia or possibly someone over her in the hierarchy sends Lucifer/Satan (The Lightbringer) to mix up the game and break Yahweh's design (which wasn't working).

Now think about this without getting too fired up. I come from a conservative Christian background; went to private school - the whole works. Listen to the logic of this without giving in to the programming that this is crazy. Satan comes into the garden of eden, and what does it offer Eve? The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The bible's texts fit this idea perfectly. Satan came to introduce evil to this world because Yahweh was unsuited to provide it himself. Yahweh was good to a fault; he wouldn't allow his children to suffer. Think of the helicopter parents who create naive, immature children who are reliant rather than independent and I think we can see the same type of relationship that was evolving (albeit on a different scale, perhaps haha)

So next, some of the gnostic scriptures claim that when Satan interfered, Yahweh pulled his influence away from this planet. Basically, the idea is that his experiment was ruined as Satan was now on the scene, so he took off elsewhere. What we have in his place, however, is Satan who has now assumed the place of Yahweh. So if we think of this in terms of the covenants, we have three in total; the covenant of creation with Yahweh, the covenant between Satan (as Yahweh pt2) and Abraham, and the the third covenant given by Jesus (a derivative of Yahweh pt1 that was sent back).

There are hints to this truth left by Jesus in the scriptures as well:

John 8:42-49 (He is speaking to the Pharisees here)

42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

Think about the ten commandments. They are largely structured "Thou shall not..."; they are very negative in nature. They do not instruct what to do, but instead enforce what not to. This is the confusing nature of the Old Testament God; he is supposed to be so good, yet that goodness is always latent, while his control, vengeance, and enforcement seem to always be at the forefront of the OT. For myself, it makes sense that the old testament God was an impostor. (con't)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tagasbob

Jesus had to come back to rewrite the covenant for a reason; Judaism had become contaminated. The 'struggle' that has been happening over the last however many thousands of years is really between Satan and the spark of Yahweh that is within each of us. Satan holds dominion over this world and our natures; it is why we believe in the concept of original sin. We are born sinners because Satan is that who watches over us. However! We are derivative of Yahweh, not Satan. In this way, we create two ends of a spectrum (good and evil). We have the ability to be both at the same time. The questions becomes which do we lean towards; that inherent goodness we call God? Or the primal nature of evil the world seems to push us towards?

When we sit here and imagine the new earth to be some sort of Old Testament recreation with sacrificial alters and crap like that, you are possibly speaking of Satan's heaven; not that of Yahweh. There were no sacrifices in the Garden of Eden. We need to realize that the second coming of Jesus is going to restore us back to the Garden of Eden covenant. The earth in perfect natural beauty, beasts and man living in harmony, and a charmed life for all of us. The only difference this time around is that we'll have already learnt our lessons of morality over our spiritual histories, and we will have those who choose peace and love as peers.
edit on 18-3-2012 by tagasbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

It should be soon. If you believe that the rebirth of Israel in 1948 is a fig leaf of the Matthew 24 prophecy then there is a problem. The generation of the Apocalypse is at least 64 years old in May. It's running out of time.

And after the thousand year reign of the saints starts I do think that there will be new directions as to how the religion is conducted. If nothing else than to just fill in the gaps on stuff that has been lost in the last 2000 years. And to affirm the old ones are still valid.

And one other thing. If you look at the book of Zechariah you will see that 2 horsemen were chosen. The white and the black. If one horseman of Zechariah has come and gone building the 2nd temple then we still have one to go.

Zechariah
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Revelation.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

The guy who builds the temple has to come back to testify against the Antichrist.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I worship nobody! I care about my Family,Friends and God..
what will happen? Only god knows..
peace
edit on 18-3-2012 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

I am envisioning that when Christ returns the liturgical rites will be in Hebrew, and not Latin nor Arabic.

No he did not , the language of the time was Greek and he would have spoke Hebrew when teaching at the temple . I do not know where people get the idea he spoke Aramaic full time .

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No temple will be built , the instead of Christ will stand in the Dome of the Rock on the rock proclaiming to be God .

The rock in the dome of the rock is the same stone that Abaraham offered up Isaac , the same spot where the ark of the covenant sat when the temple was there. It is the land that is holy not any building built by the hands of man , after Jesus returns he will purify the whole mount Zion and not leave one stone atop another. People believe that happened in 70 ad when the roman general destroyed the temple mount . Tis is not what Jesus spoke of when he said not one stone atop of another.

The abomination set up there now is what will be destroyed along with every other building in the area for the new temple Christ will bring from heaven.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The three (3) Abrahamic religions - Judaism, Christianity, and Islam - all believe in a coming Messiah.

i thought jesus was about love and mercy, not quite the things of the old testament.

The Temple is His "Father's House". At the time Christ lived, he was very much involved in the Temple and its religious high holy days, even as a young boy.

As someone else pointed out, there apparently is some dispute over the language Jesus spoke at the time. I would assume Jesus also knew Latin since He spoke with Pontius Pilate. As Christ, he could have spoken any language he chose.

Regardless, Hebrew is the Holy Tongue spoken in Israel right now. I am assuming that if Christ returns, the liturgical rites will be in Hebrew. The Jews in Israel today would be less familiar with Latin. My belief is that the old Latin Mass will be eliminated with the second coming of Christ.

Or, will Christ conduct a Latin Mass in the Third Temple in Jerusalem? Thus eliminating the need for animal sacrifices? I tend to believe we will revert back to the older liturgical rites of the Temple, with Christ as the Chief Priest and King, and the Latin Mass will be no more.

The only reason he is going to allow the temple to be rebuilt is to seperate the wheat from the tares. Old Yiru-Shalem (Jerusalem) gets replaced by the New Yiru-Shalem that comes down from Heaven for the millenial reign and the temple in heaven comes to earth for 1000 years. That old temple will be a work of men and Yah cares not for the works of men that can so easily be destroyed.

Not sure I quite follow.. Do you believe the Third Temple will be rebuilt, or no? By all indications, it appears that the Temple is being prepared to be rebuilt. I don't believe it is a matter of if it will be built, but rather when it will be built -- and who will be the Chief Priest and King of Israel - Christ, or someone else of the Davidic line?

How will we worship Christ when He returns? I have no idea, but I can tell you one thing; it will be with all of my heart.

My speculation is that this return of Christ will usher in a one-world religion, with Christ, the Messiah, serving as both King of Israel as well as High Priest in the newly rebuilt Third Temple, complete with the Ark of the Covenant.

There were no sacrifices in the Garden of Eden.

We have the earliest instances of sacrifice in the form of Cain and Abel's sacrifices to God. Abraham offering to sacrifice his son, etc. Sacrifice was very much a part of the Old - and New - Testament. I don't see Christ returning with a rebuilt Third Temple without the daily sacrifices continuing as well, unless Christ implements new liturgical rites, or continues the Latin Mass tradition. I am leaning more towards the old liturgical rites.

The abomination set up there now is what will be destroyed along with every other building in the area for the new temple Christ will bring from heaven.

Will this be the Third Temple?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

No temple will be built , the instead of Christ will stand in the Dome of the Rock on the rock proclaiming to be God .

"proclaiming to be god" ? what about the real god ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Azadok

"proclaiming to be god" ? what about the real god ?

After this event the real Christ will return in five months .

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

After this event the real Christ will return in five months .

weird. have you got any source for this claim or are you kidding me ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tagasbob

This verse seems to imply that Satan is just another son of God. Or what people would consider a deity or god.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6 KJV

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join