It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throwing away votes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I've heard this statement a lot over every election I have witnessed. "If you don't vote for one of the two major candidates you are giving away your vote"

My response to that is I don't care.

I don't care who wins as long as the election wasn't rigged. I don't compromise my beliefs to fit the norm, and neither should any other self-respecting American. 

The right to vote is sacred, and I will not waste it. I will never vote for anyone I don't fully believe in. Just remember, a vote can never be thrown away unless you vote for someone other than who you really feel is right.

Thanks for reading my rant. Disagree or not, I'll be voting for who I choose.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A vote can be wasted, and sometimes it's both in your best interest and the interest of fellow Americans to vote against a particular candidate rather than who you think is right. Take Santorum VS Obama, for example. You could vote third party, and by no means should you not if it is what your heart desires, but if Santorum wins the election due to many people voting third party and conservitards jumping on the "Get Obama Out of Office" bandwagon, you will probably suffer.

Sometimes voting for the lesser of two evils to ensure the worst doesn't win is in our best interest.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
if ron paul is not on the ballot, throwing your vote away is probably the best thing to do.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

I recently just had a lecture about "throwing away your vote" from my AP government teacher. He is a firm believer that if you vote third party, you're indeed just throwing your vote away. Many of the students in my class were shocked after he tells that we should correspond to our ideology and such and then he throws the only two voting options in our face. It's an extremely biased class....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I always throw my votes away..... either I vote for someone who has no chance, or I vote for one of the two major party candidates. Either way, my vote never decides a damn thing.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Agreed, as long as it is not rigged.
As long as I vote for something, anyone, my vote is not wasted.
Either I feel the candidate is worthy or i write in my conscience.
Either way, as long as I do something, it is not wasted.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Just a reminder to everyone that the popular vote has nothing to do with deciding the election....

top topics

join