It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we are all eternal, and responsible for our actions then how can we be victims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If we actually control our lives, then how are we victims of abuse or violence. If our goal is to move on, then death is an advancement.
edit on 17-3-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Going to give this a think upon. If God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and "forgiven" is the new word of the new testament, then what exactly do we have to fear?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The short answer is: We are not eternal.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I agree with your idea on death, however to say that its ok to suffer in this physical world I disagree. Yes, people are victims to the circumstance, not victims of life. Life is fantastic for the most part, but there are things that happen that are un speakable. Child sexual abuse, rape and murder are pretty heinous and in my mind, acts that are in human.

But yes, death is just the sweet ending to the long haul called life. We all get to experience it, some in negative terms, others in positive terms. I am one of open mindedness, I dont believe in heaven or hell, nothingness or otherwise. Thats a journey that only an open mind may enjoy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Forgot to add, why are there so MANY freakin SICK people? Where do they come from? Why are the here? I'm talking serious sickkkkk people.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson

I agree with your idea on death, however to say that its ok to suffer in this physical world I disagree. Yes, people are victims to the circumstance, not victims of life. Life is fantastic for the most part, but there are things that happen that are un speakable. Child sexual abuse, rape and murder are pretty heinous and in my mind, acts that are in human.

But yes, death is just the sweet ending to the long haul called life. We all get to experience it, some in negative terms, others in positive terms. I am one of open mindedness, I dont believe in heaven or hell, nothingness or otherwise. Thats a journey that only an open mind may enjoy.

Could not agree with you more, just wonder what's out there for the rest.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

What do you consider to be "sickkkk"? Like flue sick, like abuse sick, like differing ideologies sick?

Sickness is becoming more common as use of anti bacterial and viral drugs are increasing. They mutate and change to become immune. As well, human "clumping" is making all of us sicker. (Cities, towns, villages.) Air quility as well plays a factor.

edit on 17-3-2012 by AaronWilson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Sometimes easy, sometimes not!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The victim allows himself to be a victim, otherwise he/she is not a victim. It's a mentality and sometimes evolves into an identity, is what I'm getting at. As for death, all we can attest to knowing is that we don't know. We have no clue what occurs beyond death, if anything. We can describe the death process, which is basically our pineal gland hitting us with a large dose of '___' for the few moments that the brain remains active after the heart stops, but beyond this we know nothing. We can look to the astral realms, which is where we supposedly venture beyond death, but again, we cannot be certain if such is the case. We can look to god figures and the writings which men credit them with for guidance, but again, we cannot be sure.

Basically, we are not meant to know, and this is a good thing. If death were spoiled, life would lose much value. For example, say that we discovered that there is only eternal suffering after life; life would suddenly be pointless, like a calm before a never ending storm. Similarly, what if we were to discover that peace only exists within death, and that life is a long, pointless struggle? The suicide rate would suddenly skyrocket; who wants to put up with the struggle when peace is just a razor's edge away?

Know that, while you're alive, you will never know.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
If we actually control our lives, then how are we victims of abuse or violence. If our goal is to move on, then death is an advancement.

Nope because death is the loss of an opportunity to learn or learn more.

We suffer because we do not learn except through pain and reconciling the logic of our actions, with what is right or just.

We have to come to this life, we have to suffer because that builds character. We all play a role in helping others to grow too.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have been dead to this earth for twelve years.
ESCHATOLOGICAL JUDGE
FIRE JUDGE

why did you do this to me?
money.
nothing more.

do I still rank first.
yes.

Admit it.
I am GOD.

sadness in bulk.
I am all that is neccessary to fly.
why are you doing this to me.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Going to give this a think upon. If God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and "forgiven" is the new word of the new testament, then what exactly do we have to fear?

You have to believe to be forgiven.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

IMO, Death is going backwards. There are two exists from this realm: Down to the dark or up into the light. For some, perhaps reincarnation exists. But I think I recently read some member of the elite saying anyone who does not break free from this realm before the beginning of the new age will be imprisoned here forever. I hope it's not true but it's surely something to consider.

top topics

join