It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Creationism! Refute This!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

lol I don't know about this guy, but here's one that'll blow your mind. Modern day bananas actually were just about intelligently designed. Except, it wasn't by God, it was by man.

If you take a look at a natural wild banana it almost looks nothing like what we eat from the stores. But we cross bred them until we basically got what we wanted.

Anyway, not that I'm a creationist, but setting up a crap arguments and knocking them down, that's a called a strawman and a logical fallacy. In doing so you basically lose the debate automatically since you're basically saying you can't win against the strong arguments. You have to set up weak fake arguments because that's the only way you can win. That's what this guy is doing, mocking creationists.

So somehow, and I don't know how you managed it, but technically you just lost an argument against creationism by using a logical fallacy. How is that even possible?

Two options. One, find better arguments from a creationist. Two, if you can't, then you already won the debate. No point in setting up a weak argument just to take it down. You're just wasting your time.
edit on 16-3-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

Hmmm, I'm not sure that I follow your logic, but I'm feeling kinda dense. I thought the kid's video was sincere, call me gullible, and I thought it was hilarious. Not sure how his lameness wins an argument for creationism.

It seems to me, the second video may suggest intelligent design or manipulation of our DNA, by posing the question of how the chromosomes were fused. Therein lies the irony. IMHO

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If you thought it was sincere then yeah, but I don't think it was sincere is the thing. I think that's what the guy in the video was doing, setting up a fake argument. He probably uses the F-word a little bit much to be super evangelical creationist. Now I know Christians aren't perfect and sometimes slip up, but if you were really Christian and a Creationist you would probably at least edit the cuss words out of your YouTube video. So I don't think this guy is being legit. He's just spewing like the worst Creationist arguments ever.

The only point I was trying to make is the argument he's making is so weak you don't even have to debate it. It's a losing argument coming out of the gate lol. If you TRY to debate it you might slip up and end up worse than if you had just let him sound stupid on his own.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Creationists against Monsanto!

Have at it. I'll take no credit.

Go ahead. Please. (Note: They are industrialist capitalists with heavy lobbying power. The Christian Conservatives might have a conflict of interests here...).

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This thread seems akin to a hand of poker to me. While creationism has already shown it's hand K K J. J 3

Evolution hoping to bluff is stonewalling with ridicule and insults about creationisms weak pathetic hand taking forever to show it's own. 10 J Q K 4

I call.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Bananas....are you freaking kidding me.....does this idiot ever consider that maybe our ancient ancestors evolved to be able to eat bananas, and not the other way around. I can't even comment on the horse stuff because this guy clearly hasn't done his homework. Domesticated horses have only been around for a couple of thousand years. I believe in god, and I think this guy is an idiot. Awful way to try and present your faith.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're right, creationism has shown its hand. Unfortunately for creationists, evolution gets to keep drawing from the rest of the deck because science doesn't assume it already has the best hand possible. Not that it matters, since the creationist holding two pair will try to change the rules of the game on the fly so they can claim they won even after evolution draws four of a kind.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Change title to:

"Proof of brainwashing."

I am curious, what does a backless horse look like?

And what the hell is the obsession with bananas from religious folk?
edit on 16-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

What does a Backless Horse look like?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

Can't be sure you even know how to play poker from what you wrote. I'm pretty sure you agree with me tho.
Evolution gets to keep drawing but creation is cheating.
Mean while mouthing off, ridiculing and insulting
the winning hand. Until it can finally put a better one together. Well....... still waiting......Hello.......I call........

By the way, we're playing 5 card stud.

But evolution will never shut the hell up because there is an agenda behind it from the get go. If only you peeps could see that. Your complete denial of unseen forces is a joke. Period.

This thread is a testimony to the back slapping bigotry you people embrace.
edit on 17-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In your analogy Randy,

God is the House.

And in the end, the House always wins.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh my god. I can't believe some of these replies. The first video from the OP was just an idiot making fun of creationists. I think he did a fairly good job and was funny at the same time. I can't believe any of you actually bought into that he was really trying to defend creationism. Someone has been smoking the pipe way too long.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by iterationzero

By the way, we're playing 5 card stud.

No, actually we´re playing chess.
But that explains why creationists haven´t moved a single pawn yet.
No wonder that this game has been so incredibly boring.
edit on 17-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
...so the guy in the video, let me just check that I'm hearing him right.

Other primates have 48 Chromosomes
Humans have 46 chromosomes

therefore, either evolution is false, or chromosomes fused.

Scientists working on the genome project identified one such fusion...
therefore evolution is correct and we evolved from primates.

Now, if I'm correct, and that's what he's saying...
correct ME if I'm wrong, but... if you take 48 chromosomes, and fuse 2 together... you have *47* chromosomes, not 46.

In fact you are wrong. He said we have 46 chromesomes, in pairs. 23 from the father, 23 from the mother. Primates have 24 from each parent. If you take 2 of these 24 and fuse them you get 23. If you have parents you get 46 instead of 48 because the chromesomes are in pairs.

It was only a slight oversight on your part, nothing major. I frequently make little errors too, the only reason I caught this one is because you mentioned it

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The more people like that I see are changing my beliefs. I am beginning to learn towards there IS a god and religion is true.

What other explanation is there other than there is a god, the end has already came and I am in HELL!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

What ? Boring ? That's what your comment is about ? Am I here for your entertainment ? If your here for entertainment then cluck over to Pogo.com. They have a great chess game you can play by yourself.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This guy makes me think that evolution might be wrong...if evolution works, how could someone stupid like that still exist?

Impossible

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Not a reference to YOU, but to the whole debate in general.
Science has already made it´s move, yet creationists keep hitting those damn cards on the board.
Meaning, science has already presented actual evidence to support those claims,
but the opposite side just keep waving that f*****g book in front of everybody´s faces,
like it´s actually supposed to prove anything.
By no means, do not consider my posts as a personal attack.

edit on 17-3-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I really don't care for the first video you posted, and I refuse to respond to it as it sounds like he's trolling at several points (okay, actually through the whole video), even though I believe in Creationism.

I will, however, comment on the second video.

I do not believe in Evolution. I have studied it to great extent, and have found it to be extremely faulty and inconsistent. There are literally dozens of reasons why I have come to that personal conclusion, but I will only talk about one.

Mitochondrial DNA.

Since the second video is discussing our genetic make-up, I'll do the same. Mitochondrial DNA is different from nucleus DNA, in that is only has 37 genes, as opposed to the estimated 100,000 in the cell's nucleus, and that it is only passed on from the mother - at least, that's what was once thought.

Anyways, back in 1987, scientists compared the Mitochondrial DNA of various different races of people, and discovered that they all came from a single woman (whom they named Eve), who lived around 100,000-200,000 years ago. Very fitting with the evolutionary timeline, and Evolutionists proclaimed this as yet-another-proof and mocked Creationists.

However.. a few years later scientists actually measured the rate of Mitochondrial mutations and discovered that they changed about 20 times faster than was earlier reported; in other words, Eve did not live 100,000-200,000 years ago, but rather only 5,000 to 10,000 years ago. This favors the Biblical account of Creation.

Here's a solid, well-written article regarding this.

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
reply to post by randyvs

Not a reference to YOU, but to the whole debate in general.
Science has already made it´s move, yet creationists keep hitting those damn cards on the board.
Meaning, science has already presented actual evidence to support those claims,
but the opposite side just keep waving that f*****g book in front of everybody´s faces,
like it´s actually supposed to prove anything.
By no means, do not consider my posts as a personal attack.

This post was so full of # it was almost unbearable to read, but please don't consider my response as a personal attack, friend.

edit on 17-3-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Wow, FINALLY, sciency stuff. A star for you for just that. I will read through it later,
for now i´m too busy committing sin...
And enjoying every minute of it!
DAMN GOOD SATURDAY FOR EVERYONE!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
Anyways, back in 1987, scientists compared the Mitochondrial DNA of various different races of people, and discovered that they all came from a single woman (whom they named Eve), who lived around 100,000-200,000 years ago. Very fitting with the evolutionary timeline, and Evolutionists proclaimed this as yet-another-proof and mocked Creationists.

However.. a few years later scientists actually measured the rate of Mitochondrial mutations and discovered that they changed about 20 times faster than was earlier reported; in other words, Eve did not live 100,000-200,000 years ago, but rather only 5,000 to 10,000 years ago. This favors the Biblical account of Creation.

Yes and they used that part of the plot in Parasite Eve a really good video game.

Last human DNA modification could have been 5000 to 10000 years ago, that could be possible. But unless I'm wrong, creationists usually believe that the whole planet, poof, arrived magically and everything on it in 7 days and this was God's doing. If this existence is some type of matrix, sure this theory is plausible.

If we have been modified by aliens, that means that they are not gods and they come either from evolution of a god. Of course, we could also be part of God...or part of an atom...

Natural selection doesn't 100% prove that evolution is the truth, but it proves that evolution is a fact that would affect even creationists. Adapt or die will always be true in this universe.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join