It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS to buy 450 million rounds of ammo...why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
450 million over what time period? indefinife. Itjust says they supply the ammo and afrer 40kk rounds they can go out

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why?

Well I'll tell you why.

It is because they are going to have to defend this.

NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER

Read it carefully. Due Diligence.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
That sure is a lot of ammo, but it isn't even close to the amount that private gun owners have. I'm still not intimidated, and I never will be.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
i'm pretty sure that that i read the FBI fire a million rounds a month just on the test range so hardly mega numbers once you think that anyone given a gun will have to spend some time on the range every month to pass their competency rules

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This may be way off base but…

January 20, 1981-Ronald Reagan was inaugurated.

September 15, 1991- STS-48 captured a video of an apparent burst of light against a UFO that cause the UFO to suddenly change course. The burst of light was determined to come from Australia.

October 29, 2006, Reagan made his first reference to Aliens at the United Nations.

Mar 12, 2008- Regan first publicly announced the Strategic Defense Initiative.

January 22, 2009 Congress authorized FEMA camps

January 27, 2011-FEMA requests information on 140 million MRE’s with a shelf life of 3 years.

November 2011-Obama announced a stationing of up to 2500 troops to Australia.

March 12 2012- DHS announces the purchase of 450 million rounds of 40 caliber ammunition.. A 40 caliber gun is a big gun. It packs a tremendous punch.

The obvious earlier posts are concerned with FEMA camps to detain US citizens as prisoners.
I wonder if it is possible these FEMA camps are to be used as shelters as we have been told?

edit on 17-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
January 27, 2011-FEMA requests information on 140 million MRE’s with a shelf life of 3 years.

Every MRE I've ever seen has a shelf life of 30+ years. If stored right, studies have shown them to be edible for up to something like 80 years---Absolutely disgusting, but edible.

I'm only saying this because it sounds like your putting significance in the shelf life as if it implies something will happen within that time.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm not implying anything. I am just noticing.,

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

March 12 2012- DHS announces the purchase of 450 million rounds of 40 caliber ammunition.. A 40 caliber gun is a big gun. It packs a tremendous punch.

40 caliber is a standard police issue round. It came to be out the need for speed plus stopping power. It is not an over powered round by any means. It has less stopping power than a 45 ACP, and just a little more than a 9mm.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
450 million bullets? How many people in the USA?
I suppose they will miss a few times here and there.

Roughly 313,198,950 people...

give or take a birth every 8 seconds and death every 12 seconds.

That was actually my first thought upon reading the title of the OP, before even clicking to enter this thread.
I don't know what's sadder, the fact that that was my first thought (which says alot about the direction this country has taken over the past decade), or the fact that there are alot of people in powerful places that are determined to lower the population, and not just in the United States.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Tax dollars hard @ work... killin ya

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Update:

Civil War? Updated DHS purchase list.. 856 MILLION rounds of ammo..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by pravdaseeker
started on 7/16/2012 @ 10:48 PM

Originally posted by pravdaseeker
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

I know this topic has been reported on, but a recent new article on the updated list, or the most comprehensive list of ammo purchases has been posted at intelhub.

STORY HERE

As you go down the list at the link, you will notice certain rounds that are for nothing but killing people and inflicting maximum damage, and against the Geneva Convention.. they dont want to wound anybody.. if you are shot, they want you to die, simple as that.

We heard 450 million rounds for Glock pistols..

This new list totals over 856 million rounds... along with other purchases..

This astonishing amount of purchased ammunition has lead many to speculate and believe that homeland security is actively preparing for what they believe will be a bloody and extremely violent American uprising and or civil war.

When you couple this large scale buildup of ammo with bulletproof checkpoints, law enforcement bulletins labeling everyday Americans as possible terrorists, and a series of videos that painted middle class Americans as the new Al Qaeda you can clearly see that at least portions of DHS are planning for some sort of violent confrontation with the American people.

This information is very disheartening... It does make one wonder WHAT just sort of hell on earth do these DHS folks have planned, or are planning for, "just in case"???

Whatever their reasoning, the "tea leaves" are telling me that a whole lot of hurt is coming for the peasants.

The air globally is becoming "pregnant", at times, (due to media hype), we feel a bit fearful the idiots might actually start a HUGE war... ready to birth a superpower conflict even! If they keep the insanity going a bit longer!

Then we see a Secretary of State, threatening countries and saying they "will pay the price of supporting Syria".

I thought the dang position of Sec of State, was one of constantly seeking peace and diplomacy, NOT WAR THREATS, or some such heated rhetoric, eh??

The whole mess seems to be coming quite unglued recently, and the warhawks seem to be leading the charge, and winning the "permission struggle", for more war.

Despite Russia saying no way Jose"... aint gonna happen.. shipping S-300 units as we speak to Syria.

Not sure what they expect here inside the country except maybe some very disgruntled citizens for this much larger list of ammo purchases????

Sigh.... it just looks a bit darker with this expansive shopping list

Pravdaseeker

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ammunition shortage in the US. 2013.

www.wsbtv.com...

This thread makes a lot more sense now, doesn't it? Zombie thread comes to life again.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join