It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

I was surprised the Congressman never asked specifically about suspected terrorists or the Patriot Act, although he did mention the FBI million POI list. I do not understand the across the board denial either fz, not even monitoring of google and ISP? I think the FBI can monitor and store all communications and like the General said, the NSA can act on FBI requests, so maybe that is the 'loophole'? But, didn't the Congressman ask about FBI lists? So just what is them primary function of this site? I will dig some more on related links.

The site will not open until Sept 2013, so could the General just be responding to "Are you, can you" questions with no, because by definition, "no," right now they are not doing any of that as the site is currently inoperable?
edit on 7-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Anyone else find it odd that WIRED is telling us the location of the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY's most high-tech and newest database center? This is the same agency that can hide almost any information that they want from public view based solely on 'national security,' yet one of the most popular technology media companies is giving the world the exact location, layout, technologies, and game plan for the U.S.'s new spy&storage compound?

What gives? Are they really just being transparent?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

That's a good point, not so much the location but the layout and technology details. The facility is so big that it was inevitable it would draw inquiry from the locals.
If the Wired report(er) were incorrect or acting illegally somehow, the article would have been pulled I would imagine.
Of all the alphabet agencies, I would think nsa would be the last that would want to be transparent.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Anyone else find it odd that WIRED is telling us the location of the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY's most high-tech and newest database center? This is the same agency that can hide almost any information that they want from public view based solely on 'national security,' yet one of the most popular technology media companies is giving the world the exact location, layout, technologies, and game plan for the U.S.'s new spy&storage compound?

I can't figure that out either. Maybe this one built in Utah is a *decoy* while the real center is built somewhere else.
That would explain why there is a picture of it on the April 2012 cover of Wired Magazine! On the cover!~!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

Could be a classic case of : "Here's what we're making, think about the capabilites of this place once it's up and running, you've been warned."

Which wouldn't surprise me really. And hey, at least we got a warning if so.

But to be honest, I think they're basically concentrating many of their operations at this place if it's all real, they're probably doing most of the stuff mentioned already, just spread out among different buildings in different states, countries, etc.

The thing that always gets me is that the place has its own power plant it needs that much electricity! That is pretty awesome stuff if you look at it neutrally. I don't think it'll have any problems running Crysis anyway!
edit on 12-4-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Of all the alphabet agencies, I would think nsa would be the last that would want to be transparent.

So true.

reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Yeah, that's what I said when my friend gave me the magazine. I was like I already read about it, but dang... it's on the cover? Why?

reply to post by robhines

Very good points, it's still a bit fishy (to me at least) for the NSA to flaunt such a place so publicly though.
edit on 13-4-2012 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

lol is this a serious reply?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think this is their way of officially announcing the "Police State."

The NSA has been up to to a lot more than just surveillance for a long time.

Below is some information about the NSA, which takes you right down the rabbit hole concerning their activities.

It's a long read, Parts 1 -3, but very interesting.

www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yurichan

Below is some information about the NSA, which takes you right down the rabbit hole concerning their activities.

Instead of "down the rabbit hole", I'd probably call that document "What happens when someone goes off their meds".

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The elephant in the room is the NSA's Bigger Brother.

U. S. Cybercomm

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Update

Top Secret NSA 5 Zettabyte SPY building "Perfect Surveillence State" Near Completion
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by 33vibe
started on 4/13/2013 @ 10:21 AM

Originally posted by 33vibe

This new NSA spy station has been photographed from the air by helicopter and it is big. It seems to be our new national security epicenter which is meant to "protect the American people"... just how much will they be protecting us from ourselves is the question. With storage capacities approximated at about 5 zetabytes it would likely have the most advanced computing capabilities and the means to keep and monitor data on EVERY ONE. From the site:

Fellow NSA whistleblower Bill Binney, who worked at the NSA for nearly four decades, says it's about the possibility that the government's stunning new capacity to collect, store and analyze data could be abused.

"It's really a-- turnkey situation, where it could be turned quickly and become a totalitarian state pretty quickly," he said. "The capacities to do that is being set up. Now it's a question of if we get the wrong person in office, or if certain people set up their network internally in government, they could make that happen quickly."

According to NSA's chief compliance officer John Delong, whose job is to make sure the laws and policies designed to protect the privacy of U.S. persons is being enforced, part of the frustration is that the rules are specific and secret.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Follow the link to see the exclusive photos and read the full article.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by yurichan

Instead of "down the rabbit hole", I'd probably call that document "What happens when someone goes off their meds".

I agree

It was entertaining. If nothing else i did get a good laugh out of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join