It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Paul Supporters will be voting for Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Also, I've heard these claims before and they do end up voting for Obama just like last time.

Oh prove that please, I'd love to see you try. And those who have responded already said they will vote Ron Paul, did you not read that part?

Without Paul, WHO in their RIGHT MIND would vote for ANY of those delusional, wacko, insane Republicans??

Obviously not everyone feels that way, which is why I made the thread I wanted to know who felt this way ^

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I will be voting for Ron Paul even if I have one brain cell left, which is more than those people voting for Romney (R-money), Santorum (google it), or Gingrich (Gimme Rich)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No way would I vote for Obama or any other Republican candidate that might be going against Obama. Obama and everyone except Ron Paul = the same disaster with an "R" at the end of their name. I still have faith in Ron Paul and believe he still has a good chance of being nominated. The bound and unbound delegates are REAL people, they can't be forged. They may be persuaded, threatened, obstacles put in their path, but they can't be forged..... unlike Caucus results. So,.... I still hold out hope for a brokered convention and Paul getting the majority of the unbound as well as some bound delegates.
edit on 16-3-2012 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bakatono

Why must Paul supporters continue to be subjected to nonsense like this?

Finally. You know damn well that none of us will be voting for Obama. Your question is really quite ignorant.

Be careful, you don't let your emotional attachment to your man, cloud your judgement. There are already people here proving that you are indeed wrong. Why do think this is a stupid question? You can ask Romney supporters if they will be voting for Obama, if you want. But Romney isn't going to be dropping out of the race anytime soon.
edit on 16-3-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Myself and everyone I know supporting Paul are not going to vote for anyone else. This year is different if you had heard of people just changing their votes. It seems people actually care this time. I'm going to predict the termination of the two party system in our near future. Because for the first time in a long time, Ron Paul has sparked interest in people(mostly younger) never before involved in politics, and guess what those people are choosing their CANDIDATE (the most honest and consistent person representing their political views) before their POLITICAL PARTY. It always starts somewhere I'm just happy it was my generation that doesn't give a **** about the party system.
edit on 16-3-2012 by literofcola because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola
Myself and everyone I know supporting Paul are not going to vote for anyone else. This year is different if you had heard of people just changing their votes. It seems people actually care this time. I'm going to predict the termination of the two party system in our near future. Because for the first time in a long time, Ron Paul has sparked interest in people never before involved in politics, and guess what those people are choosing their CANDIDATE (the most honest and consistent person representing their political views) before their POLITICAL PARTY. It always starts somewhere I'm just happy it was my generation that doesn't give a **** about the party system.

Yeah, but young people are sooo unpredictable as voters, I know many who didn't vote in the primaries but still support their main man. interest =/= vote. Your man, has not won a single state yet. Even with his loyal following of college kids who can't make it to the polls.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I will if Republicans run santorum.

Otherwise. I dunno. I want to vote for Ron Paul.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Myself and everyone I know supporting Paul are not going to vote for anyone else. This year is different if you had heard of people just changing their votes. It seems people actually care this time. I'm going to predict the termination of the two party system in our near future. Because for the first time in a long time, Ron Paul has sparked interest in people never before involved in politics, and guess what those people are choosing their CANDIDATE (the most honest and consistent person representing their political views) before their POLITICAL PARTY. It always starts somewhere I'm just happy it was my generation that doesn't give a **** about the party system.

Yeah, but young people are sooo unpredictable as voters, I know many who didn't vote in the primaries but still support their main man. interest =/= vote. Your man, has not won a single state yet. Even with his loyal following of college kids who can't make it to the polls.

Young voters are unpredictable? I think not. Ron Paul has the support of many young voters and the only other politician to get the young vote is Obama. Gingrich, Santorum, and definitely Romney will see little votes from the young crowd, and that's why they don't campaign towards them. So the young voters who are supporting Ron Paul will most likely be voting Ron Paul.

And again, how do you know who voted where? Did mass amounts of ATS users create threads stating they support said candidate but didn't vote in said primary? And where's you proof, source, evidence that college kids aren't voting? Sounds like you're just making things up.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I dont know of ANY candidate Id vote for this time around. Im sick of choosing the lesser of 2 evils..For the first time in my voting life.. and Im old.. I didnt vote last year. Looks like a repeat this year.
I was horrified by Bachman... Im so glad that ..erm.. person is out of the mix.)

I flip flop on supporting Paul. I guess he would be a good start to get things back on track but not a solution. I thinkI need to hear more on his plans and how he plans to get the rest of the govt apparatus to go along with his plans and pass them.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And that may be true about not making it to the polls. I only speak for myself that I, and all my friends, will be there to vote. I was speaking for the other Ron Paul supporters strictly for their enthusiasm and online/rally support, not their means of voting or not. I won't claim election fraud either unless it is written in stone. Even the videos are not enough to convince the masses so it would have to be blatant.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I will be writing in Ron Paul if he does not get the Republican nomination. Look for him to run third-party, even though he denies it.

Either way, it should be an interesting convention.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

HAHA, good one.

Oh, you're serious. No.
edit on 16-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
He's doing far better this time around than he's ever done in a Presidential election, what is it that's making people think that he'll endorse any of the establishment candidates, or drop out? Any claims that he is going to to drop out or endorse an establishment candidate are unfounded, and are merely speculation.

That said, even if by some miracle, if Paul doesn't end up on the ballot, I will be writing the man's name in. I didn't even support Obama last time around, and his opponent was McCain. It's sad that people can't see pretty words for what they are.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Besides I'm gonna be an optimist and claim that I don't think people will truly have to make that choice. I honestly believe Paul will be on the ballot if not entirely due to his unparalleled passionate support.

I'm just gonna leave this here..

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” - Samuel Adams

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Write -in my choice if necessary. To do anything else is lying. Why give up ideals when it is not convenient?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think there was already a thread similar to this, and the answer I gave is Paul or Bust...So yeah I am sticking to that.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Young voters are unpredictable? I think not. Ron Paul has the support of many young voters and the only other politician to get the young vote is Obama. Gingrich, Santorum, and definitely Romney will see little votes from the young crowd, and that's why they don't campaign towards them. So the young voters who are supporting Ron Paul will most likely be voting Ron Paul.

edit on 16-3-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Yeah, not making things up. I remember them being the MSM talking about the unpredictable youth vote for Obama. Here's an article about that. patchworknation.org... From experience, and talking with people I know who don't really care about politics. They either will vote or won't a few of them know who Paul is and will vote for him. However, half of those college kids don't even know when the election day is!

I understand why Paul appeals to college kids who know about politics. But the vast majority of College kids only care about their social networks and their own little worlds about who's sleeping with who.

I'm not saying Paul supporters are stupid, I'm saying most college kids are ignorant when it comes to elections. In religion class we took a sample of people who were Christian and asked why they were. The vast majority of them said they were because it's a family tradition. The same can be said for political leanings.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't even understand what lead to this type of question. Obama and Ron Paul are like apples and oranges. If someone supports Ron Paul, and then votes Obama, they obviously were never.... ahhh what's the point. I feel bad for anyone that does this, they are only joking themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Oh the MSM told you...
. Also, stop assuming things about people you don't know, even the ones you do know, it never really works out for anyone.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Oh the MSM told you...
. Also, stop assuming things about people you don't know, even the ones you do know, it never really works out for anyone.

But you are saying that the youth will undoubtedly vote Paul, this is also assuming. And not taking in the things that I just pointed out about the vast majority of kids, not the political activists or conspiracy theorists not caring about politics, or knowing very little. Kids can choose not to vote or not. It's not written in stone that they will vote for Paul. I am not and many of my friends are not either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join