It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever had a lost item returned by a kind stranger?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Hi
Just got off the phone with my little sis and she told me a story that made me smile.
If anything like this has hapenned to you, lets hear it.

So, about September last year out of the blue, my sister hands me a present. She had bought me an ipod shuffle, knowing my mp3 had died a few months earlier and she said she could'nt bear the thought of me walking to and from work 'without tunes'. Bless her, I was skint at the time and I was made up!
Anyway a few weeks later she was leaving the gym and must have dropped her ipod somewhere between there and her flat. Obviously I wanted her to have the one she bought me but she said no and bought another one instead.
I felt bad for her. She is a nightmare with loosing stuff, coats, bags, sunglasses, purses... you name it she's lost it.

When she got home from work today there was a note saying a parcel that needed signing for was waiting at the depot to be picked up. She nearly did'nt bother in case it was just junk mail.

Inside the parcel was her missing ipod and a note. The note said........ ' I found this in town and tried to plug it in to charge but it was'nt working so I took it to the Apple store where they told me that you had registered it with your name and address so I am returning it to its rightful owner. Sorry it took so long, i've just moved house and forgot about it for a bit. Enjoy! '
Bear in mind that it was sent special delivery so it cost the anonymous sender a few quid.
I like to think that was good karma coming back to her for providing her big sis with tunes again.
How cool is that?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There are good people and bad people, whatever makes a human laugh is good.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by daydoesez

Very cool....few and far between nowadays

I was just reading a story in The Sun similar to this.

This person was drunk and had stole something from a van lol, They returned it with a note saying

""Very sorry 4 taking this was very drunk £10 is for your inconvenience." lol

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Earlier this week I was walking through our cafe at my place of business, which was empty at the time and just happen to look down at the floor at the right time. Lying on the floor under one of the dining tables was a wallet with several credit cards and $250 cash. I could only imagine the panic the owner must have been feeling as I have had my wallet stolen before with cards and cash in it. Feels like you've been punched in the gut. So, I immediately turned it in to the building receptionist. She called him and let him know that she had it. He wanted to know who found it. She almost told him my name but I stopped her and said "It's not important. Just tell him I'm glad no one took anything out of it".

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

LOL, thats classic.
How could you still be annoyed after a note like that?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lerxst

Well fair play to you.
There are'nt many people nowadays who can drop 250 notes without feeling a bit of pain.
I can't say it to my sisters kind stranger so i'll say it to you instead......'Thank you'.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I left my wallet in a taxi last year, the next morning a man knocked on my door with my drivers licence and bank cards etc , everything but the wallet and money, says he found it all on the grass in his front garden miles away from my house, obviously whoever found my wallet tossed the contents into his garden.
It made me smile that there are some decent folk out there.
The worst scum bag taxi driver I came across was when i left my phone in a taxi after a night out , next day the driver calls me at home using my mobile and says he will drop the phone back off but the cab will be on the clock when he is bringing it back , he wouldn't let me pick it up, so he was holding my phone to ransom, I agreed to his terms and when he turned I got my phone and he got told to **** off in no uncertain terms and he didnt get a penny.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My absent minded son loses his wallet and driver's licence a lot. They always come back.

One time his licence even came via royal mail. He left it somewhere in Edinburgh after a night out.

His wallet was hand delivered by a girl who found it at the takeaway where she works. She called my son about it but he was too busy to pick it up so she brought it instead.

Another time two really rough looking men turned up at my door and kindly handed me my son's licence that he'd dropped in the gutter half a mile away.
edit on 16-3-2012 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FawnyKate

I'm glad you got some of your stuff back at least.
Bloody taxi drivers. law unto themselves lol good for you.
I kid you not, i once saw a taxi driver pull up to a house opposite my local shop, go to the door and then turn around and run down the street being chased by the person who lived there with a chainsaw!
God knows what he did to deserve that. Cheers for the story

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have been the kind stranger that have found and returned things.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One night I had way too much fun and I literally woke up in a ditch on the side of the road.

Later that afternoon I was sitting on my friend's porch and a homeless man came up to me and asked if my name was . I was only 16 or 17 at the time so I only had about $100 in my wallet. I would have hooked him up for being helpful but it was empty of cash.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well thanks for the responses everyone,
Don't get me wrong I have returned items myself ( once got a big bottle of champagne for my trouble )
it just seems to be less and less likely these days. I'm happy to note that maybe its not that unusual after all

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have returned id that I found after a beach party. The recipient mailed me a Tims Horton card. I thought that was very thoughtful!
Mu husband lost his phone once I called the number and the guy came and met me in a parking lot with it, he didn't want anything, but i insisted and gave him 20 bucks.

Also been on the other end where as I left my phone at home depot, and went to go and back to get it but they said it was not there. So i looked at the phone bill and the first number on it was to home depot. So I am pretty sure it was a staff member. They also called sex hot lines with it.

Now if I saw a brinks bag, that might be a different story! LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lightmere

Hmmn, maybe you've got a point there, all of us kind returners will probably have the odd one or two items which scream 'keep me' over and over. lol
Not sure what that item would be though........ I assume thats what you meant? May be letting the female side down here but got no idea what a brinks bag is.
edit on 17-3-2012 by daydoesez because: Oops brinks not brinky.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
When I was younger, I want to say about ten, my mother would take me out with her family/friends, who lived in Brooklyn New York and we would go bowling or whatever else. This was two years after my father death, remember that.
So anyway, we went bowling one of these times and stayed there later than we should have. It was about eleven o'clock when we finally left. I was exhausted when we finally did leave, and fell asleep in the car on the ride home. I thought that I had my fathers wallet in my pocket, which he had given me before he died. It was a nice black leather thing. When I woke up the next morning I found it gone. After turning the house over looking for it, I accepted it as lost. I had no clue where it could have gone, and swore that I had left it in my pocket.
Three days later I get a package in the mail, and the wallet was inside. Enclosed was a letter, and it said that the person who sent it back hoped that everything was where it was meant to be and that they wished me well, and their phone number. The only thing different about it was that it looked like someone had put a cigarette out in the top right corner. My money was in there (the riches of a ten year old) and a picture of my father I kept inside of it. I called to thank the person and she said that she found the address on my library card, and was surprised she returned it to a ten year old.
Thanks for the thread, you just reminded me of this little incident.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by insanedr4gon

Aww,My pleasure, that was a nice story.
Having a lost item returned is one thing but I can imagine at the age you were and at that time in your life that the wallet meant a great deal to you.
Can't put a price on those sentimental items eh?
Actually, I have a story a bit like that....... When all of my Nans grandaughters were born she gave us all a silver charm bracelet each which I wore to my sisters birthday a few years ago. She had hired out the back area in a bar so between her guests and the normal friday night crowd the place was rammed.
Sometime during the night I lost the bracelet, didnt even notice till the next day, phoned on the off chance that it was handed in. Nothing.
Almost a year later I was out one night with my sister again and we bumped into one of her friends. Because I don't live in the same city as sis, the last time i'd seen her friend was at the birthday night. As we were chatting I noticed she had a bracelet on exactly like the one i'd lost and I mentioned I'd lost mine at the birthday do.
The look on her face was priceless! Apparentley she found it by the bar when she was buying a drink, so wierd because there were hundreds of people there.
I like to think my Nan made sure it was noticed by someone who kept it safe for me

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

A Brinks bag, is a bag full of money! You know from a Brinks truck.
Sorry about not explaining it better

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FawnyKate

Dear FawnyKate.

Your username gave me a giggle (I am the new boy to the site).

I lost one of the first MS Windows smart phones in a taxi and was not so fortunate. They denied that I even used the service that day. I think you had luck on your side that day. It is a right pain in the arse when one loses all their data e.g. photos, tunes, videos and especially phone numbers. Glad you got it back

Good on you for not letting him get away with "trying it on".

My kindest regards,
spacemon.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Dear daydoesez

On a positive note, I once left my laptop in the park due to being completely wasted. Phoned the police the next day and a dog walker had handed it in! I asked for the identity of the person so I could offer a reward; they were not interested.

I think that we assume that there are so many bad people in the world because the media never mention the good ones. They just talk about war, politics and famine with inevitable negativity. I think the majority of us are good, moral people and it is a tiny minority (relative to the world's total population) that taints the majority and it is the latter that the media broadcast to the billions to mislead us. We therefore assume the majority is bad; however we, as people are not.

People should use alternative media a lot more (e.g. ATS) rather than the bull they try and brainwash us with in newspapers and tv.

It interests me where your thread is going to lead.

Love to you and everything that inhabits our mother earth and mother earth herself.
Kindest regards,
spacemon.

edit on 18-3-2012 by spacemon because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-3-2012 by spacemon because: misphrase

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacemon

Taxi drivers again
lol
Glad you got your laptop back though.
You're right of course about the media, keeping us thinking that service to self is the only way to be.
Shame some people fall for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join