It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After bin Laden's death, a different kind of hunt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Gee Whiz

I am reminded of the Warren Commission and events of 11-22-1963

We'll never know, but I doubt very much the events as reported were events of actual events that evening.
Either bin Laden has been dead for some time, never existed or is on an island with Tupac.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This is a little extreme isn't it? I'm the biggest cheerleader for freedom of the press, but c'mon.. Who do the A.P. think they are, anyway?? This was a covert mission. Covert is a word with meaning..not a buzz word for a headline. The guys who did the raid are still, in all likelihood, serving U.S. Navy SEALs. It wasn't that long ago at all. The methods, weapons, equipment and tactics they used are absolutely still in use. They must be...it wasn't that long ago at all. Indeed.

So....exactly when did the press get the wild idea that they could just beat on the Pentagon door under the guise of FOIA and DEMAND all the deepest, darkest secrets of how the United States conducts it's most critical high stakes missions?! I wouldn't fault the AP for trying.. Heck, it's their job. Just take no for an answer with some pinch of common sense to understand a perfectly logical reason WHY such a request would be denied amid the laughter at seeing it made in the first place.

I wonder...If the A.P. Offices in any other militarily powerful country pestered and harassed that Government endlessly about their most top secret of top secret material...would they be treated with even this much tolerance and patience? The entitlement attitude isn't limited to social welfare programs, IMHO.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

I don't agree with this at all mainly because no-one was asking for tactical information vital to national security. They can't produce ONE picture of the guy? (dead?) They threw him in the ocean the last I heard, (which is suspicous in itself) so why not have some evidence that this thing took place?

If the average person is supposed to believe the official 9/11 story produced by the government (of which the 9/11 commision report ended up being laughable at best) don't you think the American people have the right to have some confirmation of this guys death? Afterall, the OBL boogeyman was the MAIN thing we have heard about from the Govt/media for the last decade. This just adds more suspicion IMO.
edit on 15-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wait one second they won't release anything? Photos withstanding, which I believe should never be released. There is one big issue I have, where did the company selling the "Collector Set" plans for the raid on TV get them? Is the Pentagon saying these "Collector Sets" are fake? Why can't the Pentagon release some evidence for this event even happened. The most miniscule bit of data would be DNA evidence which doesn't even tell you Osama is alive or dead

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think we absolutely do have the right to know what happened in Pakistan and we have the right to know the full picture of the Bin Laden situation, I just don't agree we have the right to know any of that right now, as the war it's a part of it still being fought with real men doing the fighting and dying.

When this war is over..and I mean really over..there will HAVE to be a time of national soul searching and hard questioning on so many things about events before and since 9/11. That sure includes how Bin Laden lived and ultimately died...IF he's actually dead at all. I'm still very suspicious about that and wonder if he wasn't enjoying some of the very worst out "aggressive" interrogation techniques could offer with medical doctors to prevent it from being terminal..long after. Whatever the truth though, it's a matter to be settled for history.

This whole idea of real-time news and real-time release of secrets is how wars are lost and people die who didn't have to. I'm patient and can wait, just as it took 15-20 years ..and longer... for the worst aspects and true motives of Vietnam to really come out and be known.

It was though..and so will this, IMO.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

The evidence is on lockdown as they knew what the scum of the world would do with those photos, they would use them to inflame hatred towards the USA, pretty good idea to not release them.

Like the video of Saddam's hanging?

Oh wait, there were no repercussions from that. I don't recall anyone worried about "offending" people when that was released.
edit on 3-15-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Like the video of Saddam's hanging?

Yeah, they couldn't release photos or videos of bin Laden's dead body for fear it would cause outrage and spark retaliation, yet they throw his body in the ocean before it even gets cold and claim this is the "traditional Islamic burial," which is a blatant lie. That lie alone is enough to spark outrage and retaliation.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The title should read, Osama, Bin Laden POTUS ha ha ha, I've seen lots of those side by sides on line, and I always chuckled at the quacks, but with all this recent birth certificate trouble, he kinda does look similar.... ha ha

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Help me out here... I thought I remembered reading that some senators/congressmen (don't laugh, I don't trust many of them either) either wanted to see, or saw pics of Bin Laden's body???

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

I thought I remembered reading that some senators/congressmen (don't laugh, I don't trust many of them either) either wanted to see, or saw pics of Bin Laden's body???

Some did.....and that is mentioned in the article I posted.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If the US offending people were an issue then vast swathes of US foreign policy need to meet the shredder and be rewritten. I'm sure releasing a picture of OBL dead would do little to worsen the world's poor impression of your governments, agencies and their policies regarding matters outside US borders. Also the Pentagon owes a debt not just to the people it supposedly protects, but the soldiers and citizens of EVERY OTHER COUNTRY INVOLVED.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You know what cracks me up...

The same people who seem to be on board with the Government OBL story are the same ones popping in every single thread with even the slightest bit of speculation, screaming for EVIDENCE and disregarding everything put forth due to the lack of "it"...

Go...figure...

There is absolutely ZERO evidence of OBL's death...

I'd love to hear the "evidence nazi's" who believe OBL died come in and explain their position without sounding like the biggest hypocritical tools to walk the earth...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

There is absolutely ZERO evidence of OBL's death...

Sly1one, those people you speak of still presume that if the government said it happened, then it must be true. After everything that our country has experienced in this last decade, it's hard to believe people still can put blind faith in this sham of a government. At this point, our U.S. officials don't even try very hard to pull the wool over our eyes. They are careless in nearly everything they do. Most people would be able to see this reality if they could step outside their political party loyalties.....but many are unable to do that because they know damn well what ugly truth they will have to face, and it's a jagged pill for many to swallow....so they choose denial.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Freedom of information, unless we don't want to tell you. Something happened on "Bin-Ladens" compound, what exactly, we will probably never know.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Starrunner

I was wondering the same thing.
I hope I didn't waste my money.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Wookiep

I I'm patient and can wait, just as it took 15-20 years ..and longer... for the worst aspects and true motives of Vietnam to really come out and be known.

It was though..and so will this, IMO.

And what did that generation learn? Apparently nothing, because they have inherited to my generation this war.

I agree, however, that it'll take time to fully recover from, and unravel the events and motives. . .

B
edit on 16-3-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This has got to be a bad early April Fools' joke...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I do find it odd that they say they cant find / don't have items requested. We were told that some Senators / Congress had seen photos just after the raid therefor they existed. Why not just state national security, it has worked every other time whats wrong with this instance

Could it be possible that they are in fact telling the truth, they don't have any because they, the Pentagon, didn't do it? A pity the FOI doesn't extend to the Private Security out there.

Loss of Seal team later was because they weren't there and not because they were ?

Well it is a conspiracy site

edit on 16-3-2012 by ukWolf because: Eta - Why not just....

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Call me a nutball, but I sure hope they don't have that SEAL team on the carrier that is about to be "recomissioned".... Oops terrible day, lost the ship, and the only people that know first hand what happened that day. Sad thing is, I can totally see them sacrificing these SEALS somehow, just to make sure word never gets out

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
They are not missing for nothing
The evidences were destroyed because the Pentagon wanted them to be

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

They are not missing for nothing The evidences were destroyed because the Pentagon wanted them to be

I always wondered if that doctored photo of the "dead bin Laden" was leaked by the government to see if the population would buy it as authentic. It looked pretty real at first, but it was quickly proven as a fake as soon as it hit the Internet. If the public would have accepted that photo as real, it the government would have had less outcry for proof. As far as I know, it's still unknown where that photo originated from.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join