It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Law Requires $1 Abortion Subsidy From Every Insured American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Obama Law Requires $1 Abortion Subsidy From Every Insured American

Well this is a new one on me.

And I guess it just got "finalized" recently according to an article.

Written by R. Cort Kirkwood
Wednesday, 14 March 2012 09:37
The New American

The controversial “individual mandate” in the ObamaCare health diktat, which requires Americans to buy health insurance or face a hefty fine, also requires something else: The insured party, thanks to a finalized version of the mandate, must pay a $1 premium to fund abortions.

That fee will be the heart of one key argument against the law from the Bioethics Defense Fund, which has joined the fight against the Mephistophelian law with an amicus curiae brief filed with the U.S. Supreme Court in February. The high court will hear the case against the law on May 27.

An amicus curiae brief is a pleading filed by a party that is not involved in a lawsuit to help the court decide the matter.

You’ll Pay for Abortions, Like It or Not

The heart of the BDF’s brief is this: Requiring an insured person to pay a $1 premium to subsidize abortions trespasses the First Amendment of the Constitution, which guarantees freedom to practice, within limits, one’s religion as one chooses.

According to the brief, “Like a Russian doll, the individual mandate has nestled within it a hidden, but equally unconstitutional, scheme that effectively imposes an ‘abortion premium mandate’ that violates the free exercise rights of millions of Americans who have religious objections to abortion. The individual mandate found in Section 1501 of the Act provides that, beginning in 2014, Americans must either purchase federally approved health insurance or pay a monetary penalty.”.......

We Want that $1 or else !

What else is not known yet ??

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You forgot it's to protect the children so thay can't say no

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Got a good thread here about it

www.abovetopsecret.com...
come and join in

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Got a good thread here about it

come and join in

OOps !! sorry !

this did NOT show on a search

go ahead and follow the existing thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

thank you.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
My personal opinion is that this topic is important enough to be in several ATS forums simultaneously. (I didn't know the "Off-topic General Chit Chat" forum existing until just now). It especially belongs here in the Political Madness forum, because that's EXACTLY what HHS's Kathleen Sebelius is morphing this Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) into... Insane MADNESS. Since I'm a health Benefits Advisor by profession, I follow this subject very closely.

Because the Affordable Care Act is nothing but a framework, she has wide latitude in formulating regulations. In effect, she's making it up as she goes. This $1.00 Premium Surcharge to fund an Abortion Pool is just one of many pet-projects that she directs HHS to include in the final ObamaCare regulations as they're finalized.

Since the only way to get a Federal Subsidy to help you pay your (more costly) insurance premiums starting on January 1, 2014 is to buy a policy sold via an "Exchange", the vast majority of people and businesses will dump their present coverage and purchase an Exchange policy. By accepting the government subsidy, you'll be on the hook for a lot of things you never bargained for, or will every know about. This $1.00 per month abortion pool surcharge is just one of those items.

I wonder what a Pastor (for instance) will choose to do when he's given the choice of paying $700.00 per month for insurance on his own, or accepting $500.00 per month from Uncle Sam to help him pay the $700 monthly premium? Will he "look the other way" and forget his morals as they relate to this added $1.00 surcharge? Or, will he keep his moral fortitude and pay the $700 monthly premium without any government help? I suppose the same question can be applied to any person in this country who claims to be "Religious" and/or Pro-Life. It will be interesting to see how many devout believers throw their religious beliefs under-the-bus just to get monthly premium assistance from Uncle Sam, on January 1, 2014!
-CWM

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by carewemust

Do you think the HHS press release from last Friday

might affect this $1 surcharge ?

Or, will they "worm it in" nu-noticed ?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

We should do like Iceland and refuse to pay. I don't get it. Why do we think its mandatory. They will imprison ALL of us? LOL. Yeah right. Go ahead and try.

We forget that if an angry mob forms outside your house it is irrelevant how strong and Bruce lee-ish you are. They will eat you!

I say we refuse these taxes!
I say we refuse to deploy!
I say we refuse invasions of privacy!

Refuse them on all fronts! You will be amongst your fellow citizens in prison, AKA, revolution school.

Let them incarcerate us in the millions. They will be organizing us in the millions.
Look what the average person can learn in school/ jail now. Imagine a dictatorship with the same numbers of prisoners. They wouldn't be looking to make a buck once they get out. They will be looking for the downfall of their common enemy.

I say build more prisons, we need a place to rally our troops. The jail system in the USA will play an integral part in the future revolution I see as unavoidable. This 1 dollar will turn into many many more eventually. Today abortion, tomorrow reparations for war. Later bailouts for banks or other scum bag entities. Either they change or we will fight back. They are the threat and the enemy of America! Damn terrorists. They can rule as long as they don't push us too far.
REFUSE THEM!

"United we stand, divided we fall"

We are as one.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Xuenchen and all, this Abortion Premium Surcharge turns out to be a Mandate buried within another Mandate. Talk about convoluted back-door trickery by our government!

After digging DEEP, I found the actual "Amicus Brief" that the Supreme Court of the United States will consider when it takes up the constitutionality of Health Care Reform, starting next week. (week of 3/26/2012) This document does a nice job of describing the Abortion Surcharge and how the SCOTUS should consider it illegal.

Link: www.bdfund.org...

To all concerned ATS members, spread this around to as many forums as you can. Thank-you in advance.

-CareWeMust (Chicagoland)

top topics

join