It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Threatens India With Sanctions Over Iranian Oil

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Even if British acts caused 10M deaths a year in India then in 300 years it should all add up to 3 Billion. At 1.2B reported this means each single year of British rule, 4M Indians died on average. This is nearly equal to a Holocaust every single year for 300 years. This fact should not only be let known to every Indian but also to every single human on earth, to prevent it from happening again to people of another country or region.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Who the F do we think we are? Is there any doubt that the US government is acting like a big corporation trying to stem competition and mettle in other country's affairs? I hope India gives them the middle finger.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
Even if British acts caused 10M deaths a year in India then in 300 years it should all add up to 3 Billion. At 1.2B reported this means each single year of British rule, 4M Indians died on average. This is nearly equal to a Holocaust every single year for 300 years. This fact should not only be let known to every Indian but also to every single human on earth, to prevent it from happening again to people of another country or region.

Unfortunately you are trying to misappropriate guilt onto the UK and are not doing anything to alert the world except to cause them to be ever more suspicious about the education system of India, and blind nationalism of Indians with a grudge.

If it wasn't for the caste system India would be nothing like it is, including blaming others for their trouble.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
Who the F do we think we are? Is there any doubt that the US government is acting like a big corporation trying to stem competition and mettle in other country's affairs? I hope India gives them the middle finger.

Agreed. It's not fair, it's not right, and they know it. I hope they also know that the scales are falling from peoples eyes more as each day passes, and they're losing any ability to justify it, no matter how much they manipulate the media.

They're fighting a battle that can't be won, because if they carry on they're just openly fascist, the world knows it, and they'll be no match for even the people inside their own country.

They think they're big, but if the American people got together they could take the government buildings within 24 hours. Same as any other country that's not serving its people.

Maybe they should remember that more as each day passes, because even though people have taken a stupid amount so far, there'll be a tipping point if they keep pushing.

That is in no way any type of threat. I loathe threats, and any one of us would probably be foolish to stand alone and threaten the machine now currently operating. I just like facts and the bigger picture, and things have to change. Not political empty promise change, real change, and if we're honest about the situation we can all see that.
edit on 26-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

Unfortunately you are trying to misappropriate guilt onto the UK and are not doing anything to alert the world except to cause them to be ever more suspicious about the education system of India, and blind nationalism of Indians with a grudge.

If it wasn't for the caste system India would be nothing like it is, including blaming others for their trouble.

There is no end to arguments. You are very conveniently deflecting the blame for genocide from British and blaming it on Indian variables. It is upto the Indians to make the truth out in clear, no one else is going to do it for them.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

There is no end to arguments. You are very conveniently deflecting the blame for genocide from British and blaming it on Indian variables. It is up to the Indians to make the truth out in clear, no one else is going to do it for them.

You are conveniently speaking for the dead and drawing lines in the sand about your race. People died, people grieved. You say it's us v them. I say say you are wrong.

You will get what comes to you.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

it was a slow process of over 200 years ,not one swoop .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

I agree about the killings (directly/indirectly) of the citizens of the occupied countries by the Brits. I just dont believe any and all articles on the web. If you think the current history of India is distorted, how much do you think is distorted to the numbers that you claim to be accurate or atleast correct with respect to the number of 1.8 billion? Common. 250 million would make sense if you think there were approximately 1.2 million indians killed per year for 200 years. The previous number of approximately 1.8 billion comes to 9 million people killed per year for 200 years? Hmmm...talk about exaggeration. History is very distorted my friend. It has often been sensationalized not just in India but all over the world.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by hp1229

india generated 30% of the world GDP and had the one of the gold,silver and gems stockpile which british plundered away with.You really need to read an history book on India.At that time Marathas,Sikhs ,Nizam of hyderabad and mysore ,afghans were jockeying for supremacy.British set up one against another and destroyed them and to subjugate local population would deliberately exterminate entire villages and cities to show how merciless they were.

Indians as usual use to sell each other.Anyways Obama and Bush are trying/tried to create similiar conditions in USA.

Well. It might all be true if you consider the total population of the world back in time. It would justify the percentage in comparison to the rest of the then (non-industrialized) world.

Thankyou for the suggestion
I have read history books and I will continue to read them just as long they all continue to shed/portray more reasonable/educated/calculative if not accurate facts. If you have to estimate the amount, how much do you think was looted out of the country? 30 % GDP based on whose figures? How was it estimated at that point in time?

I agree about the killings (directly/indirectly) of the citizens of the occupied countries by the Brits. I just dont believe any and all articles on the web or just because it has an ISBN and published by a major published. See my previous response to another post above you with respect to the total number of people. Forget about the Indo-British history, how much accuracy (deaths & wealth transfer) do you think there is to the history of other civilizations which supposedly plundered and exploited the Indian sub-continent before the Brits?

For the sake of arguements, it all sounds good such as 'huge', 'massive' but to be honest nobody can put an exact number or claim as it is all estimated figures. However if you have to make an educated guess based on the laws of probability and statistics, then there shouldn't have been any indians left in the country if the brits managed to kill 1.8 billion indians. Just think if you kill off all the male offsprings in a herd, who is going to re-produce? Certainly the 1.8 billion indians were adults only? If Yes, then what was the total population of India before the Brits arrived? If I'm not mistaken, there were Moghuls who committed just as many crimes against in the name of religion. Does this push the total population of India even higher or close to 4 or 5 BILLION? (not millions). Common now. Do not blind foldedly believe each and every single number presented on the net/books. You need to think realistically and practically about the facts themselves.
edit on 27-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 27-3-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

He is blaming Britain for every death in India for the past 200 years. I guess that makes the UK, India's natural god.
edit on 25-3-2012 by squandered because: (no reason given)

Yeah I kinda figured that which is inaccurate. The country already had its own internal issues which the Brits exploited. But human nature is such that people often times do not reflect back upon themselves before reflecting unto others. Its very simple if you compare the situation to the present day Middle East where several countries still going through issues with their neighbors which date back hundreds or thousands of years and many outside countries often exploit the situation. The moral of it all is simple to understand...UNITY ( as a nation). If you do not have that, naturally the outsiders will exploit. How do you think regimes and political parties are toppled/changed? All one needs is to identify the local opposition. Which is still at the heart of modern political system (even in India) all over the world. Even some of the animals know that where they seperate the weak ones from the unified herd to make a kill.
edit on 27-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Well..I guess this means back to the OP

I agree upto certain extent but I'm sure there is a method to the global political madness and/or policies (sanctions). Unfortunately its the global trade that binds us all together regardless if a nation likes the sanctions or not. You would think by now the issue would have been resolved with Iran? It has not which only signifies the madness even further with respect to Iran

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

it was a slow process of over 200 years ,not one swoop .

I know. However please do the math for 200 years for the number of people (1.8 BILLION) that you claimed were killed.

1800,000,000 = 1.8 billion. Divide that by 200 years gives 9,000,000 (9 million) per year.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

india's mortality and birth rate has been very high .

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

books.google.co.in...

Mughal Empire

During the Mughal period (1526–1858) India experienced peaks and bottoms unprecedeneted in history. The gross domestic product of India in the 16th century was estimated at about 25.1% of the world economy.[9]

An estimate of India's pre-colonial economy puts the annual revenue of Emperor Akbar's treasury in 1600 at £17.5 million (in contrast to the entire treasury of Great Britain two hundred years later in 1800, which totalled £16 million).[citation needed] The gross domestic product of Mughal India in 1600 was estimated at about 24.3% the world economy, the second largest in the world.[9]

By this time the Mughal Empire had expanded to include almost 90 per cent of South Asia, and enforced a uniform customs and tax-administration system. In 1700 the exchequer of the Emperor Aurangzeb reported an annual revenue of more than £100 million.[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org...-madison1-8

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

india's mortality and birth rate has been very high .

Agree. Howver any census info with links going back in time?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

en.wikipedia.org...-madison1-8

As I mentioned earlier, I do not have any issues with the wealth figures which might have been much higher in comparison to other nations back in the 1600's. But just the wealth numbers does not justify the population figures that I particularly have been debating about.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join