It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN rights council delves into US voter I.D. laws

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here we go again. Looks like the liberal agenda has reached the world stage, and the NWO is getting behind the illegal aliens and voter fraud that is keeping democrats in power. (That statement might be a little over-the-top even for me, but why else are they getting involved?)

SOURCE

The controversy over requiring voters to provide photo IDs has reached the world stage.
The United Nations Human Rights Council is investigating the issue of American election laws at its gathering on minority rights in Geneva, Switzerland.. This, despite the fact that some members of the council have only in the past several years allowed women to vote, and one member, Saudi Arabia, still bars women from the voting booth completely.
Officials from the NAACP are presenting their case against U.S. voter ID laws, arguing to the international diplomats that the requirements disenfranchise voters and suppress the minority vote.

This kind of follows up my thread from the other day about the Texas Law being challenged: Thread from the other day

The propaganda is heating up. The assertions of the NAACP are class A unadulterated hogwash.

Thoughts?

edit on 14-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Here we go again. Looks like the liberal agenda has reached the world stage, and the NWO is getting behind the illegal aliens and voter fraud that is keeping democrats in power.

SOURCE

The controversy over requiring voters to provide photo IDs has reached the world stage.
The United Nations Human Rights Council is investigating the issue of American election laws at its gathering on minority rights in Geneva, Switzerland.. This, despite the fact that some members of the council have only in the past several years allowed women to vote, and one member, Saudi Arabia, still bars women from the voting booth completely.
Officials from the NAACP are presenting their case against U.S. voter ID laws, arguing to the international diplomats that the requirements disenfranchise voters and suppress the minority vote.

This kind of follows up my thread from the other day about the Texas Law being challenged: Thread from the other day

The propaganda is heating up. The assertions of the NAACP are class A unadulterated hogwash.

Thoughts?

To sum up my feelings on the fact that people are outraged and claiming racism because states require a photo ID:

F#ck this country.

I'm of the belief that if you don't have a photo ID to present to vote, you aren't a productive member of society, and probably shouldn't vote anyway.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
When the UN or any other international organization gets to decide on the laws regarding your countries internal affairs......you must finally wake up to the fact that your voice means nothing. It's over, the people of the United States, and the world over, are in denial of the fact that you are nothing more than a complacent slave to a select few.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Asking for photo id is not racist.

Maybe the NAACP should investigate my pharmacy. They ask for my license whenever I buy Sudafed.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Having to produce a photo ID to vote is a load of BS. The only time a photo should be needed is if someone tells you that you have already voted.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The UN needs to get out of OUR countries BUSINESS.

Are we no longer sovereign?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Having to produce a photo ID to vote is a load of BS. The only time a photo should be needed is if someone tells you that you have already voted.

Wouldn't photo ID cut down on fraud? It's easy to make up another name, harder to make photo ID.

Just sayin'
edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Wouldn't photo ID cut down on fraud? It's easy to make up another name, harder to make photo ID.

Just sayin'
edit on 14-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

The common counterpoint to this argument is that fraud is negligible. However, I was under the impression that every vote matters.

The fact is, you should already have a photo ID from your state as a citizen, as it is a requirement to drive, purchase alcohol/tobacco, obtain a marriage license, write a check, cash a check, get a P.O. Box, apply for foodstamps/welfare (in many states), apply for a loan, board a commercial bus or airline.......I can go on.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Thoughts?

First, let’s just switch a few words around and see how it will fly…

The National Association for the Advancement of White People – of course this organization would not survive first contact with the media just for its name alone regardless of its mission statement.

Second the United Nations is about as qualified to judge the US voting laws as I am to comment on rocket science.

The United Nations ah, the mighty and ethical bastion of world peace… just for giggles look at which countries sit on this council and think about their voting rights or rights in general.

Like having OJ, Pearson and Peterson on your jury for murder finding you guilty of the same - right.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Thoughts?

First, let’s just switch a few words around and see how it will fly…

The National Association for the Advancement of White People – of course this organization would not survive first contact with the media just for its name alone regardless of its mission statement.

Second the United Nations is about as qualified to judge the US voting laws as I am to comment on rocket science.

The United Nations ah, the mighty and ethical bastion of world peace… just for giggles look at which countries sit on this council and think about their voting rights or rights in general.

Like having OJ, Pearson and Peterson on your jury for murder finding you guilty of the same - right.

According to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, the UN also approves the POTUS to conduct military operations in foreign countries...you know, without congressional approval, AKA in direct violation of Article 1 Section 8 and the War Powers Act. The UN is a joke, and sadly is gradually gaining more and more power in our country.

Not to go off topic, was just commenting on how the UN is grossly overstepping its bounds on multiple issues in our society. Apologies.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

The fact is, you should already have a photo ID from your state as a citizen, as it is a requirement to drive, purchase alcohol/tobacco, obtain a marriage license, write a check, cash a check, get a P.O. Box, apply for foodstamps/welfare (in many states), apply for a loan, board a commercial bus or airline.......I can go on.

Yes, so why isn't that ID used in voting? I understand making a separate voter ID to use if people don't have these things, (but as you said most do).

Maybe I'm confused on the issue.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Holodomor

Yes, so why isn't that ID used in voting? I understand making a separate voter ID to use if people don't have these things, (but as you said most do).

Maybe I'm confused on the issue.

Nope, you're right on the money. I was agreeing with your statement, just offering the common counterpoint.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

So you can get back in line and vote 8 or 12 times? Is that what you'd like to see?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From the same people who send observers repeatedly to a country begging for international intervention while their government kills them . I couldn't care less what the UN thinks.

The UN is a joke. Clearly they do not know the meaning of priorities.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Agreed. Currently the only use I can think of for the "blue helmets" is drumming. Maybe they should think of something more pressing to delve into.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Did Bush do anything to stop the illegal invasion?
other then build a fence to keep the Americans in..
Well he did jail the two border guards for trying to stop a smuggler who shot at them...?

Point being
Its Hegelian Dialectic..there is no right and left...if you don't believe me turn around and face the other way

This is about destroying national souvreignity for everyone and ALL ..
regardless of race cread color or faith.
Obama is merely carring the ball GWB rushed on the last play a little futher down the field...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
We do not want voter fraud. The most practical way of countering voter fraud is showing a picture ID. This may not be practical in 3rd World countries but I am sure other practical measures can be put in place to counter fraud.

In the US it should not be an issue. The cries of racism for voter IDs do nothing but cause a knee jerk reaction because no sheep wants to be labeled a racist.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
And their conclusions will mean what exactly?
Oh yea, thats right, nothing.
They have no bearing on the laws we as citizens make for ourselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
And their conclusions will mean what exactly?
Oh yea, thats right, nothing.
They have no bearing on the laws we as citizens make for ourselves.

Not for much longer.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
More Obama divisive crap. The Supreme Court already ruled on this. The UN has zero authority in the US. Their people live here because it's better than their own countries and then they have the nerve to pretend they have authority over us? Amazing that anyone at all would fall for it.

They need to form a coalition of Free countries and break away from the scam artists. Give the UN Headquarters notice to move to a new location outside the US and say goodbye.

All the UN is, is a money factory. Our money into their cousins, brothers and friends pockets. It is without a doubt a complete scam. The world would not even notice if they ceased to exist tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join